Author Topic: [Neolemmix] Mikes Lemmings [Difficulty: Medium - Hard]  (Read 8429 times)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: [Neolemmix] Mikes Lemmings [Difficulty: Medium - Hard]
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2021, 08:15:25 PM »
And here are what should be the final version of my replays. :)

Offline Turrican

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2021, 08:33:39 PM »
And here are what should be the final version of my replays. :)

That's correct! All your solutions now , are intended , or acceptable alternatives! :thumbsup:
My Youtube channel ( Turrican Lemm )  :
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYGFBOHdYITHlsqa203Tu8Q

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2021, 02:50:06 PM »
While recording the pack I might have found an error in one of the levels:

- Wicked 4 (The VAR edition of FC Lems) there is a trap hidden inside the large part of terrain left of the exit.
I did not notice it while playing as clear physics was not nessesary, but during recording I like to show the clear physics picture as well and I noticed that weird trigger area inside the terrain.

I bet it was an oversight while placing the other traps so I am reporting it here. :)

Offline Turrican

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2021, 04:04:33 PM »
While recording the pack I might have found an error in one of the levels:

- Wicked 4 (The VAR edition of FC Lems) there is a trap hidden inside the large part of terrain left of the exit.
I did not notice it while playing as clear physics was not nessesary, but during recording I like to show the clear physics picture as well and I noticed that weird trigger area inside the terrain.

I bet it was an oversight while placing the other traps so I am reporting it here. :)

You are correct! That trap was an oversight , so I removed it.

The result : I have uploaded the version 1.07 of the pack. It contains the version 1.04 of "FC Lems screwed by the refs - VAR edition" , which has a trap that had beeen placed inside the terrain by mistake, removed.

Offline Turrican

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2021, 09:28:16 PM »
I have uploaded the version 1.08 of the pack.

It contains the updated versions of  "FC Lems screwed by the refs" ( version 1.09 ) , and  "FC Lems screwed by the refs - VAR edition" ( version 1.05 ) .

Both new versions , contain a backroute fix , for a backroute that I have found , that worked in both levels.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2021, 11:01:36 PM by Turrican »

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2021, 12:15:44 PM »
Hi Turrican,

I have solved all of the pack. Here are my replays. Also, I know you're already aware, but I'm going to link to my LP of the pack in case anyone else wants to watch it (I know you all do! :laugh:):

LP link: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbp2m4KlFpJsK3ZHMJTjd-huos3Qmsrpx. Enjoy! :P

General Feedback

This is Turrican's first NL pack and is a small one of 17 levels: 7 levels each in the two main ranks, as well as 3 levels in the Bonus rank. The levels in the Bonus rank consist of two levels from other authors that Turrican decided to put in the rank, as well as a level from Turrican himself, which he added to the pack in later versions. Despite being a small pack, it's not an easy pack by any means. In particular, I think most would do fine with the Wild rank. The Wicked rank is where there's a noticeable step up in difficulty. I certainly felt it, and it was pretty much slow going throughout, although some levels I was simply a dummy on. Others had me genuinely stuck for a time, but eventually I came through and was able to solve them. The interesting thing is that I essentially got two levels solved each time in the difficulty rating, with the exception of the final level, which needed two videos to get solved, although they both exceeded an hour in length.

Wild Rank Feedback

As mentioned before, I think most can get through this difficulty with not too much problems, as I would say the difficulty here is around medium, which is what Turrican classified the difficulty as on the lower end. The only really hard levels in this rank were Wild 4 and Wild 7. Everything else was either easy or in between.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Wicked Rank Feedback

Lots of the levels here are a step up in difficulty, and I certainly felt the jump in the difficulty, especially since solving times slowed to the point that it was essentially just 2 levels solved per video. The exception is the final level of the rank, where I needed two videos to get it solved, although the lengths of both exceed an hour each :XD:

Bonus Rank Feedback

As mentioned, two of the levels are from other authors that Turrican decided to use for this rank, while the remaining level is Turrican's creation. These are all very quick ones, and it kind of helps that I've played the two levels that aren't by Turrican already some time ago, and so I'm already mostly familiar with the solutions to them. Hence, Turrican's level is the only new one here I haven't played before.

For Dodochacalo's level, I mentioned that I think it was a glitch level, as it's originally a Lemmini level. However, I just checked and it's not, so I definitely confused it with another Crystal level by him which does use a glitch.

Finally, for Gronkling's level, it's a very minimal level that's supposed to demonstrate that

Also, I remember that the level had a 1-minute timer :P

Overall, nice job with your first NL pack :) Despite the short length which isn't as short as namida's Holiday Lemmings Plus pack, I still enjoyed it very much. So, thank you very much for this, and I'll be giving your Superlemmini pack a go at some point. It's not going to be for some time, but I will get to it eventually. Hope you're doing well, and I'll see you around here sometimes ;) Thanks for watching my LP and commenting on my solutions on the videos themselves too :thumbsup:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline Turrican

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2022, 01:41:09 AM »
I have uploaded the version 1.09 of the pack. It contains updated versions for two of the levels. These levels are:

"Airborne Rodents" version 1.05 : The updated version contains a fix on the trigger area of a trap .

"FC Lems screwed by the refs - VAR edition" version 1.06 : The updated version contains a backroute fix .