Author Topic: [BUG] [RC-PLAYER] A few bugs involving the "Configure hotkeys"  (Read 1485 times)

Offline Minim

• View Profile
Hi, namida. I'm just need to mention a few things related to the Configure Hotkeys menu before releasing the final build.

Similar to this thread I made earlier, there's no pre-assigned hot-key for the Jumper, Slider and Laserer skills. For the Traditionalist layout, I have an alternate speech mark ` (currently coded as 00DF) along with - and = as suggestions. As for Functional, we still have F8-12 and 0 as options, but maybe you don't want to use the F keys for skills in that layout, and would rather rearrange other keys.

Also, the ~ (Tilde) and ' (Speech Mark) buttons are swapped around on my laptop keyboard. I think this is probably a bug that needs fixing, or just that we have two different keyboard layouts.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: [BUG] [RC-PLAYER] A few bugs involving the "Configure hotkeys"
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2021, 07:01:05 PM »
Also, the ~ (Tilde) and ' (Speech Mark) buttons are swapped around on my laptop keyboard. I think this is probably a bug that needs fixing, or just that we have two different keyboard layouts.

Yeah, the hardcoded names are based on a US keyboard. You can try and let Windows fill in the names instead - uncheck the "use hardcoded key names" checkbox in the hotkey configuration.

Hotkeys for new skills should be added, yep. Functional layout may need reconsideration in general; the idea there is to group all the skills in a roughly square part of the keyboard, but now there's a few too many skills to do that comfortably. One suggestion I somewhat liked was to include "previous skill" and "next skill" in this area, and use the remainder for keys for the more important skills (things that are used all the time like builders and platformers), while leaving rarely used skills without a hotkey (the most obvious candidate being disarmer) - but at this point, that's more of a V12.13 matter, I'm not going to do any major hotkey overhaul for 12.12.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: [BUG] [RC-PLAYER] A few bugs involving the "Configure hotkeys"
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2021, 11:20:05 PM »
I've added hotkeys for the new skills (including Jumper).

On the traditional layout, the +/= key is Jumper, Tab is Slider, and Q is Laserer.

On the functional layout - note that these replace existing keys! - R is Jumper, Y is Laserer, and H is Slider. Additionall, Shift is now "previous skill" and B is now "next skill"; so that the 5 skills without hotkeys can still be accessed via the keyboard. (The skills losing hotkeys are Swimmer, Disarmer, Stoner, Stacker and Cloner.)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)