Author Topic: Custlemm Level Pack Topic  (Read 93228 times)

tseug

Custlemm Level Pack Topic
« on: May 31, 2006, 03:10:30 PM »
When people get here... post any new cuslemm packs you make.

tseug

Custlemm Level Pack Topic
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 12:17:27 AM »
My pack will probably be done in a few weeks. Only one level to go. :D

Offline Timballisto

• View Profile
Re: Custlemm Level Pack Topic
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2006, 04:43:14 PM »
Shouldn't we also post our old ones so people can get them too?

tseug

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2006, 08:41:55 PM »
Oh yeah you should, since the old forum is pretty much dead.

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2006, 09:17:54 PM »
For my levels: 1st set: http://207.58.177.175/~geoo89/lemmings/geooPk0.zip
2nd set: http://207.58.177.175/~geoo89/lemmings/geooPk1.dat + http://207.58.177.175/~geoo89/lemmings/vgaspecS.dat
(Pk0 is for CustLem2, Pk1 has been modified to work for CustLemm/Lemmix; a CustLem2 version for level 9 is available: http://207.58.177.175/~geoo89/lemmings/geooPk1(6-2).lvl )

JM2006

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2006, 02:50:50 PM »
Check the Lemmings file archive. I have all my levelpaks there :)

TOG

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2006, 10:52:19 PM »
Same here. It's called togpak.dat (I wonder why?).

tseug

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2006, 01:31:36 AM »
WOOWOOWOO!! :party:

My pack is done. :laugh: Thanks to geoo89 for level testing! :wink: Here's the pack

Offline EricLang

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2006, 11:07:55 AM »
Looks good. I'll try them

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2006, 10:06:58 PM »
tseug, you forgot to note that they are incredibly difficult...
For me, I barely managed to solve half of them, with loads of effort already (I obviously knew most of them already long time before the release).
Just a little question: Now that the playtest level feature is available for Lemmix, may I use this for playing your levels (for obvious reasons I'd like to)?

Now that recording demos is possible (and additionally even savestates), some kind of dream of mine has come true. Many thanks EricLang, it's great!
I've always been a defender of LemEdit, in mind of Tom?пРPavl??ček's effort to make LemEdit available, and, call me crazy, told myself that if an editor for Windows comes out still to use it every now and then, but now, I think I'll discard this thought.

More comments/suggestions on Lemmix tomorrow, having got home from vacation last night I've been busy looking up all the news today.

btw, @tseug, as for the level you once sent me with a apparently unfixable backroutes (which you therefore left out of the pack), in case it is not a secret which you might like to use in a different level, could you tell me your intended solution of it, please? Just out of curiosity...

tseug

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2006, 10:59:18 PM »
Just a little question: Now that the playtest level feature is available for Lemmix, may I use this for playing your levels (for obvious reasons I'd like to)?

Sure. Some of them are even hard for me, so i think using savestates (replay) is fine.

btw, @tseug, as for the level you once sent me with a apparently unfixable backroutes (which you therefore left out of the pack), in case it is not a secret which you might like to use in a different level, could you tell me your intended solution of it, please? Just out of curiosity...

I'm pretty sure you found it, or something very close to it. I don't remember exactly what it was, but I know there weren't any weird tricks involved.

EDIT: Delete the version of the pack the says "tseug01 (correct lvl 10)", it's a mistake...

Lemmix has a shorter max_fall distance than custlemm so some of my levels can't be played in it.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2006, 12:52:18 AM »
Lemmix has a shorter max_fall distance than custlemm so some of my levels can't be played in it.

Actually, Lemmix is supposed to use the higher max_fall for CustLemm levels (I haven't tested this out yet).  I guess Eric should check to make sure there isn't a typo in the code or something......

tseug

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2006, 01:16:47 AM »
The custom lemmings style doesn't work for me. I don't know about anyone else.

EDIT: Levels with onml graphics sets work. Here's what it says when I try to change the style to custom if the graphics set is 0-4:

Cannot open file "C:\custlemm\VGAGRx.DAT". Access is denied.

Offline EricLang

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2006, 07:46:15 AM »
@Tseug: The custlemm style just works like the other styles.
Is your CustLemm directory really  "C:\custlemm\"?
I ask this, because it is the fake directory I have put in the inifile LemmixStyle.ini.

I know it works, because I opened your pack in Lemmix (using CustLemm style) and saw all the levels and played around with them.

If the directory is indeed the right one, then the "access denied" is a bit worrying.
Please let me know if the error persists. A printscreen of the error-message would be nice too.

I did test the falling distance. Now you can do the following trick: Open one of the "We all fall down" levels. Then change the style to Custom Lemmings. (In the level properties window) and play the level. The lemmings do not die when falling off. (I hope this is really the correct behaviour).

@Geo89: I would not have expected anything else than an incredibly difficult pack from Tseug :)

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2006, 01:38:18 PM »
Eric, two questions, they're the same question though.

How do you open up a CustLemm pack and have it default to the CustLemm style instead of ONML style? (Never mind, I found the problem. I keep level Packs in a different (nested) directory than the CustLemm directory, so I guess it just does not count those as being in the CustLemm directory. A way around this or an answer to #2 would be nice though.)

Or... How do you change the graphics set once you're in a level? I'm trying to open up a levelpak and it's showing up 5 graphics sets different. But switching to CustLemm mode doesn't help because it just keeps the same graphics (adds 5 to Graph) instead of fixing the problem.