Author Topic: Cheapo Level Pack Topic  (Read 33915 times)

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
Re: Cheapo Level Pack Topic
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2006, 07:29:07 PM »
Awesome. Nice job... you said you've said to pass The Top Shelf or The Mon0lith in the other thread?

I'm a bit torn on whether I should complete my set before posting it or just post it again now because I haven't added any new levels to it for about a year now. Hmmmmmm. I really want to finish it.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2006, 09:51:07 PM »
Funnily enough that reminds me that I once wanted to send you an e-mail with backroutes, comments etc. when having solved all levels of your four set project, Insane Steve.
Still one to go (3M)...then you might recieve a rather long mail. ;) I should re-try it sometime again.
Keep it up (or better, get on to it again).

Btw, it might be good if all sets/levels would be listed in the first post of the thread, that way there would be a good overview.

Ice_Eagle

« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2006, 10:40:47 PM »
I'll do that, geoo89, when I have the time.

EDIT: Done.

Offline Isu

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2006, 06:10:36 AM »
Awesome. Nice job... you said you've said to pass The Top Shelf or The Mon0lith in the other thread?
I've passed neither of them, and like I say, I have no idea...

I'm a bit torn on whether I should complete my set before posting it or just post it again now because I haven't added any new levels to it for about a year now. Hmmmmmm. I really want to finish it.

I'd like you to finish it, and I have this thing about unfinished things so, yeah, finish it before releasing. :cool:

Ice_Eagle

« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2006, 03:43:49 PM »
I made a few changes in Set 3.

Download here:
http://it.travisbsd.org/lemmings/lemmingswelt/index.php?cmd=get&file=cheapo/IceEagle3upd.zip

"What a CONFUSING level" is now level 25, to fix this mistake that Nuntar pointed out, "Prince Star" is now level 3, "Dragon Tails, Simplified Version" is level 8, "Confusing Sky" is level 10, and "Lots o' turning!" is level 27. There's a new level 30, too.

"Crazy Sudoku" is now called "Complicated Sudoku," with the hidden metal changed. But the traps are still there.

The exit in "Dragon Tails, Simplified Version" is fixed.

Offline chaos_defrost

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2006, 01:31:43 AM »
Funnily enough that reminds me that I once wanted to send you an e-mail with backroutes, comments etc. when having solved all levels of your four set project, Insane Steve.

Ya know, forget about 3M for a second... I really want to read your notes on my set. It might be the kind of thing I need to push me into finishing off my 4-pack set over the summer.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2006, 03:44:43 PM »
Ya know, forget about 3M for a second... I really want to read your notes on my set. It might be the kind of thing I need to push me into finishing off my 4-pack set over the summer.
Well then, I'll start now. I'll split it into four (or maybe more) parts, so I might get the first part ready still today (meh...probably not). Is that ok? And shall I review all or only the ones I think I should say something to? (anyway, especially for the later levels this should be equivalent :wink:)
For the later levels however, it might take some more time since I might have forgotten a few solutions...
insanesteve(ad)gmail(dod)com is your new address, is that correct?
It'd be nice if I could contribute something to your progress on your set that way...

Offline chaos_defrost

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2006, 09:26:23 PM »
insteve[at-sign]gmail[period]com. Thank you in advance.

Comment however you feel appropriate. I mean, you don't have to comment on the levels with the fairly obvious solutions, but anything interesting you found would be appreciated.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline chaos_defrost

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2006, 08:04:18 PM »
Double post:

I've finally begun to work on additional stages for my set. I tried adding one to my notebook sets, but I got a "big fat error" saying that none of the levels in my set are valid, and I can't add levels to it. Huh.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2006, 03:41:16 PM »
Nice to hear that you re-started. Any chance to have a look at your level already?
I have no idea what the 'big fat error' could be about though.

Playing Cheapo is one of the things I can do now with my limited possibilities, so I'll start with the third part of my review soon.

BLAZE

« Reply #55 on: July 22, 2006, 01:45:55 AM »
I've finally begun to work on additional stages for my set. I tried adding one to my notebook sets, but I got a "big fat error" saying that none of the levels in my set are valid, and I can't add levels to it. Huh.

It's the set file, not the level file, that's corrupt. Just manually re-add the levels one by one. This happens quite often.

Offline chaos_defrost

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 22, 2006, 05:27:54 AM »
Ya, I figure that's what I'm going to wind up doing. At least the level files are fine.

Besides, the sets need a bit of re-ordering anyways.

Thanks for the advice.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

SeriousGamer

« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2006, 12:50:01 AM »
Here's my cheapo set.
www.intercomm.com/seriousgamer/sg1.set
It requires these styles:
www.intercomm.com/seriousgamer/SNESMusStyles.zip
And if you want to hear music in most of the levels it requires ccexplore's cheapo hack found here:
http://www.geocities.com/guestlevels/MCIChMus/MCIChMus_v1.0.zip

Special thanks to Nuntar for letting me modify his styles and for taking time out of reviewing levels and writing his dissertation to test this set. It has taken a while but we have worked out most of the bugs and backroutes. Still there are probably many to be found so if you think you've found a backroute please let me know. If you tried my pack posted a while ago on the lemmingswelt forums, this one is a much improved version with about twice as many levels.

Have fun!

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2006, 06:33:22 PM »
To clarify:

I've beaten all levels in their final form except 22, 28 and 29, and checked for backroutes. I've also backrouted earlier versions of those three but those backroutes have been removed and I haven't found the real solutions. I don't know for absolute certain (well, you never can!)  :wink:  whether any backroutes remain.

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 01, 2006, 07:14:28 PM »
I played the old version, and a few levels of this new version for now, and I really like your levels.
I suppose your set doesn't get as much response as it should because some players, including me, are busy with tseug's CustLemm pack.
I got interested by Ahribar's comment and tried and solved 22 and 28-30 for now. However, it seems that my solutions for those except level 29 are backroutes. I'll PM you my solutions as soom as I get ready writing them.