Author Topic: Cheapo Level Pack Topic  (Read 33653 times)

Ice_Eagle

Re: Cheapo Level Pack Topic
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2006, 11:46:34 PM »
What??  :huh: I didn't take any ideas from you! No, really and truthfully.

EDIT: The level "It's my username!" was not a stolen idea from you, Isu. I thought of that one on my own without getting the idea from your username level.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2006, 06:22:31 PM »
So, reviews of the first ten levels  :cool:

1. Nice level; probably my favourite so far. I like ones where you have to think a bit.....
2. This one was great fun with navigating those horrible strands; exasperating at times, which is also good.
3. As I said, it was a mistake to put this one next. Too tedious, especially with having to restart so often because it's very hard to see what's terrain and what isn't.
4. A very simple level (I went under all the obstacles). Nice to have one that isn't all building, though.
5. This one required some thought, mainly because it hadn't really sunk in that I only had ten lemmings. Challenge time: do you know how to pass this with only SEVEN builders?
6. I didn't like this one. Mainly because I tried going up the right-hand side first and wasted a lot of time and effort when it turned out to be impossible. Once I tried going up the left, by contrast, it was just easy.
7. Sigh. Was this one really necessary?
8. Short and fun. I actually went for the right exit the first time, even though the left one is a lot easier.
9. Another cool level... albeit one I didn't manage to save 100% on! Fun and relaxing though.
10. This one just reminds me of why I hate the dragons style. Was it really necessary to make it nearly impossible to spot when they're shrugging *and* have a level with lots of building? Oh, and the exit being off the ground was a bit unfair.

Offline Isu

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2006, 06:38:40 PM »
What?? :huh: I didn't take any ideas from you! No, really and truthfully.

EDIT: The level "It's my username!" was not a stolen idea from you, Isu. I thought of that one on my own without getting the idea from your username level.

That's okay, I was only joking. :cool:

Ice_Eagle

« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2006, 08:31:46 PM »
5. This one required some thought, mainly because it hadn't really sunk in that I only had ten lemmings. Challenge time: do you know how to pass this with only SEVEN builders?
7. Sigh. Was this one really necessary?
10. This one just reminds me of why I hate the dragons style. Was it really necessary to make it nearly impossible to spot when they're shrugging *and* have a level with lots of building? Oh, and the exit being off the ground was a bit unfair.

5. Nope.
7. What's wrong with it? I thought the level was a cool addition!
10. I did tell you that it was a dragons style. And about the exit being off the ground, it was an accident. I will fix that.

If you dislike unfair levels, skip level 13. That one's totally unfair.

I did try making some levels in this set that use less builders and more of the non-builder skills, btw.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2006, 09:05:30 PM »
5. Nope.
Right  :cool:  Want me to tell you, or want to try for yourself?

Ice_Eagle

« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2006, 09:13:39 PM »
I can try myself first.

EDIT: I solved it!

Hightlight:
Have the first lemming on the top dig on the right, but make sure it's over the right wall with the space underneath. The lemming on the top behind it must trap the others by digging and building. Meanwhile, on the bottom, the first lemming that comes out builds 3 steps, then blocks. Wait until the top lemming finishes digging so the others could climb it. Only one must climb the newly dug passage, however. After assigning this to that one lemming on the bottom and he climbs to the top he must dig a few pixels, mine a little bit, build to turn, and build across the gap. Then he builds two bridges to the exit. Then, to escape, the top lemmings should become athletes. The bottom's a bit trickier. You have to make the walking lemmings climbers, except for one. That one must bash to free the blocker. The freed blocker must build a bridge, then mine back. Same for the one that mined. Then make them climbers.

EDIT2: I now made the seven-builder-solution in my fourth set!

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2006, 12:24:19 AM »
Ice Eagle, when I try and download your set, I keep getting a 0 byte .zip folder -- which I assume is my problem and not yours. Any other way I can download it?
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Ice_Eagle

« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2006, 12:33:03 AM »
E-mail? If you want it I can send it to you, but you need to PM me your e-mail address.

Or.. have you tried right-clicking the link, then "Save Target As..." yet?

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2006, 04:01:17 AM »
Ya, I'll PM the e-mail address... save target as doesn't work, either... and this isn't the first time I've had problems downloading from that site.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Ice_Eagle

« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2006, 05:21:11 PM »
Email sent.

Btw, you should upload your packs so others could play them, Insane Steve.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2006, 05:52:08 PM »
I can try myself first.

Ah, you found one trick that I missed.  :thumbsup:  So now try six!!!

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2006, 06:13:29 PM »
I'm quite certain that the theoretical minimum is 1 builder. I checked all the required moves and they work. But execution would be quite a pain due to the exact timing.
But you could pay builders for an easier execution (removing timing). Using four builders it shouldn't be too bad at all.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2006, 06:59:49 PM »
Bah. We really need to do something about these glitches now that they've started ruining the game for the rest of us.

Ice_Eagle

« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2006, 01:34:57 PM »
I can try myself first.

Ah, you found one trick that I missed.  :thumbsup:  So now try six!!!

Simple. The solution is: The solution is almost the same as the seven-builder-solution one, except instead of trapping the lemmings by digging and building, you dig a few pixels, bash, then dig in the middle of the right side. Do not dig near the left or right or it won't work. Make sure to make the top lemmings that came with the digger climbers when it's time for them to escape.

Offline Isu

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2006, 08:44:47 PM »
This is a bit of a pointless post, but I've finally solved Insane Steve's "The walk-in closet of hell"!
I took forever on that level...

EDIT: I corrected a typo