Author Topic: Cheapo Level Pack Topic  (Read 34000 times)

Offline Mr. K

• Former admin, always Lemmings fan
    • View Profile
    • Wafflenet
Cheapo Level Pack Topic
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2006, 12:50:41 AM »
I've got a little something coming soon.  It's right now called Ksoft Lemmings, and it uses the classic Copycat Lemmings graphic sets.  It also has a new soundtrack of 20 songs, using ccexplore's Cheapo MOD hack.  I'm about... 8 levels in.

Ice_Eagle

Cheapo Level Pack Topic
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006, 02:13:47 PM »
That sounds cool. I can't wait to play it.

I made two Cheapo packs so far, and they both use a lot of different styles.

Offline Isu

• View Profile
Isu's Cheapo Levelpaks
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 12:17:30 AM »
These are my current releases so far:

19-09-04 Isulemms & Isulemms 2
Fail levels are fail.

30-04-05 Style Trial
Less fail, but not DMA levels of win either.

01-11-04 Lemmings Classic (Currently only 38% complete)
This was supposed to be a set of non-fail levels that are actually win. Explains why there has been so many revisions. I suck at level designing. Some levels still need inserting/removing/altering, and some aren't playable at all. I lost the lst file when my hard drive died, so it's impossible for me to continue with this. This is as "Complete" Lemmings Classic will get.

Styles not included

Ice_Eagle

Cheapo Level Pack Topic
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2006, 03:38:10 AM »
I think your Style Trial needs more style levels, as there are many new styles made. But you probably couldn't do so, because of your Lemmings Classic.

Offline Isu

• View Profile
Cheapo Level Pack Topic
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2006, 06:06:08 AM »
Got it in one!

Although, it's probably more due to the fact that I'm lazy  :winktounge:

Offline Isu

• View Profile
Cheapo Level Pack Topic
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2006, 08:29:58 PM »
This level needs backroute testing, I'd post it on the old forum but, too much lag get's Isu down.

Loopy 23

EDIT: This was level 23, the finished set has it later, so It's not Level 23 anymore

This level is currently Loopy 23 in Lemmings Classic, I really only want there to be one solution, I can't help shaking the feeling that this has a backroute, so I need reassuring. :cool:

SeriousGamer

Cheapo Level Pack Topic
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2006, 09:37:18 PM »
I solved it, and the solution didn't seem like a backroute, but I didn't put every tool to use.

Edited to include solution:
Use timed bombers to blow up the first five steps so the lemmings can walk up, bash over the one way walls, and turn the release rate up to 99.

Offline Isu

• View Profile
Cheapo Level Pack Topic
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2006, 09:21:32 AM »
Oh No!

That was actually the route that I was trying to prevent, but I never thought of bashing OVER the one way wall. Of course you won't put every tool to use, You need to save 95/100 (97 now), and you've got 8 bombers.

Update: Same Link

Online Proxima

• View Profile
Cheapo Level Pack Topic
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2006, 10:52:50 AM »
Probably a backroute, as it didn't need much precision:

RR80. First lemming from the top exit is a blocker and then immediately a bomber. He will turn three lemmings round before he explodes -- make them all floaters. First one blocks, second one bombs, third one bashes to the right from the bottom of the bomb hole. RR99 and bomb the blocker.

Offline Isu

• View Profile
Cheapo Level Pack Topic
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2006, 11:17:07 AM »
That is no backroute.

drum

Cheapo Level Pack Topic
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2006, 12:30:23 PM »
16-05-05: Why Bother? Author: The Purpletraitor. Size: 729kb

One of the greatest Cheapo level packs ever created. 30 epic, artistic, cunning levels for you to gape in awe at!

16-05-05: The Real Mr. Lemming. Author: drumnbach. Size: 92.7kb

A steady learning curve permeates these 10 decent levels, all based on my favourite compositions, books and films.

19-10-05: Here's Where I Draw The Line. Authors: The Purpletraitor and drumnbach. Size: 56.6kb

Another great level pack. 5 more artistic and ingenious levels, all in the vein of 'Why Bother?'.

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Cheapo Level Pack Topic
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2006, 07:07:58 PM »
Quote from: Isu
Oh No!

That was actually the route that I was trying to prevent, but I never thought of bashing OVER the one way wall. Of course you won't put every tool to use, You need to save 95/100 (97 now), and you've got 8 bombers.

Update: Same Link
Alternative solution to Michael's:
RR99; have the first one from the bottom entrance bash into the wall as soon as he reaches it. Make the one to last lemming of the upper entrance blocker. Make the last one from the upper entrance floater + bomber (can use a blocker) to bomb a pit into the lower floor at the bottom.
Bomb the basher (blocker recommended) when he's in front of this pit to get a way up for the other lemmings.

Ice_Eagle

Cheapo Level Pack Topic
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2006, 03:47:14 PM »
Good news! I've gotten back to making Cheapo sets!

Check my signature at the bottom; it tells how many levels are made so far.

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Cheapo Level Pack Topic
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2006, 10:13:38 PM »
Mystery set sounds interesting. What is it supposed to be about? Or is that also a mystery until the release? ;)

I've come up with a new level in Juanjo's OldTemple style, and updated my old set:
http://207.58.177.175/~geoo89/lemmings/Temple.lev, style can be found on
Garjen's page

Here are also the links to my older Cheapo levels:
Not so old one: http://207.58.177.175/~geoo89/lemmings/SportsLevel.lev, requires Isu's Sports style
An exit searching level I made when I had solved Insane Steve's 'Dude, Where's my Exit?": http://207.58.177.175/~geoo89/lemmings/Exit.set, requires L3-Classic.sty

My first (and for now only) Cheapo set, updated version: http://207.58.177.175/~geoo89/lemmings/gSet00(2).set (doesn't seem to like the brackets :?)
Changed: - Level order
- fixed level 'Capturing difficulties' and added '"Boring builder level"'
- put all updated levels into the pack