Author Topic: [BUG][PLAYER] Replay files don't always save in .nxrp format  (Read 1086 times)

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
[BUG][PLAYER] Replay files don't always save in .nxrp format
« on: March 19, 2021, 05:22:17 PM »
I've noticed a wierd thing happening with autosaved replays. They sometimes save without the .nxrp file format, which has to be added manually to the filename. Thus:

This can happen at any time, with any pack.

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
Re: [BUG][PLAYER] Replay files don't always save in .nxrp format
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2021, 05:55:47 PM »
yes, I noticed that too. For example, when playing Strato's Demo pack Lemmings Hall of Fame, the level "Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite." (Silver 08) it will save the replay but won't save the replay with the .nxrp attached so I had to append it to the end.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2021, 06:12:20 PM »
Known issue. It's triggered by the presence of periods in the level name (or more accurately, anywhere in the resulting text) and I think it's already fixed in the source code (but will leave this topic open until I've confirmed that).

Workaround is to use a manual replay name pattern that includes the ".nxrp" extension as part of it. That aside, this is purely a filename issue and the resulting replay file itself has the correct contents.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2021, 07:44:14 AM »
Thanks, namida :thumbsup:

In case anyone else needs help with this workaround, I've posted some instructions here.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2021, 11:18:51 PM »
Fixed in commit 5a8fb0f.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)