Author Topic: SuperLemmini Records (Max Saved / Fastest Time / Fewest Skills)  (Read 10149 times)

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
SuperLemmini Records (Max Saved / Fastest Time / Fewest Skills)
« on: January 02, 2021, 04:45:41 PM »
This topic will be a place to gather all records for the official DMA Lemmings games played in SuperLemmini, including Maximum number of lemmings saved, Fastest time to complete the level, and Fewest skills used. You are warmly encouraged to get involved and help create some records :lemcat:

Since this is an engine-specific topic, and the SL player base is relatively small, it seems to make sense to gather all of the records into a single topic rather than split them into separate topics (let me know if you'd prefer otherwise and I'll consider splitting them).

Note that in spite of gathering them into one table, these records will be kept independently of one another; so if you beat a level in 50 seconds with 10 skills, and then beat the same level in 1 minute with 8 skills, the records will show 50 seconds for Fastest Time, and 8 skills for Fewest Skills.

If you wish to submit a record for either Max Saved or Fewest Skills, please provide a .rpl replay file for verification and your name will be added to the table! If you wish to remain anonymous, please PM me with your replay and I will post the record unnamed.

Since SuperLemmini does not show time elapsed upon level completion, time records do not require a replay for verification (although it may be prudent to include a replay if you're certain it's the one associated with the record, and it's a particularly interesting or surprising result). Otherwise, a simple screen shot of your records from the levels menu will do.

Having said that, since this is mostly all about getting involved and enjoying sharing your results with others, replays, videos, screenshots, or anything else you can share along with your result are heartily encouraged, should you wish to include them :lemcat:

Please use the regular challenge boards/topics for levels played in other engines.

Speedruns

The Speedrun records for each individual rank are also included in this topic. Speedrun rules are:
  • The run must be completed in realtime (i.e. not a consecutive string of replays)
  • Any and all features of SuperLemmini are allowed to be used (e.g. direction select, replay from restart, framestepping, fast-forward, etc.)
  • Replay files (.rpl) cannot be used at all
  • The run starts as soon as the preview screen for the first level of the rank is displayed, and ends as soon as the postview screen for the last level of the rank is displayed

Index:

Lemmings
Oh No! More Lemmings
Holiday Levels
Bonus Levels
« Last Edit: March 30, 2022, 07:23:09 AM by WillLem »

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
Re: SuperLemmini Records (Max Saved / Fastest Time / Fewest Skills)
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2021, 04:49:06 PM »
Original Lemmings

Pack used for records: DMA Lemmings Remastered V1.01

* = Indicates that the record is held by more than 1 player and/or is the maximum known possible score

Fun (click to show/hide)

Tricky (click to show/hide)

Taxing (click to show/hide)

Mayhem (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 01:15:30 PM by WillLem »

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2021, 04:49:40 PM »
Oh No! More Lemmings

Pack used for records = DMA Oh No! More Lemmings (Remastered)

Please note that the following records have yet to be completed:

Tame (click to show/hide)

Crazy (click to show/hide)

Wild (click to show/hide)

Wicked (click to show/hide)

Havoc (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2022, 10:19:02 PM by WillLem »

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2021, 04:50:24 PM »
Reserved for Holiday Levels records. Including:

Xmas Lemmings '91
Xmas Lemmings '92
Holiday Lemmings '93 (Flurry, Blizzard, Bonus)
Holiday Lemmings '94 (Frost, Hail)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 05:23:58 PM by WillLem »

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2021, 04:50:51 PM »
Reserved for Bonus Levels records. Including:

Bonus Levels from other Lemmings Ports
Prima Lemmings (I'll look at getting the conversion done for this as soon as I can)
COVOX Lemmings
MegaDrive/Genesis-Only Levels
Present
SUNSOFT
Lemmings Companion
« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 05:27:08 PM by WillLem »

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
Uploaded the initial records for the first 10 Fun levels! :lemcat:

Note that, since I'm the only player who's contributed so far, I have only indicated my name for records that are either possible to beat, or otherwise non-trivial.

For unbeatable, trivial results (such as 100% on a level that requires 100%), I've indicated the Player Name with a (*), since it's highly likely that others have achieved this same result.

For unbeatable, non-trivial results (such as 100% on a level that requires <100% and involves a fairly tricky solution to achieve 100%), I've indicated my name for now, but will change it to (*) when others have confirmed that they have also achieved this result.

(The following has also been added to the OP):

Since SuperLemmini does not show time elapsed upon level completion, time records do not require a replay for verification (although it may be prudent to include a replay if you're certain it's the one which created the time record, and it's a particularly interesting or surprising result). Otherwise, a simple screen shot of your records from the levels menu will do.

Having said that - and since this is mostly all about getting involved and enjoying sharing your results with others - replays, videos, screenshots, or anything else you can share along with your result are heartily encouraged, should you wish to include them :lemcat:

Again, a quick reminder that if you want to get involved but also wish to remain anonymous, please PM me your result and I'll add it to the OP table unnamed. Thanks! 8-)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 05:35:54 AM by WillLem »

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
hi WillLem, Your havoc 10 Flow control you got 6 out of 21(your replay), I managed to get 13 out of 21(more than double yours). I tried to get more but too difficult.

you can put this down for the max saved for havoc 10(oh no more lemmings)

Here is the replay

Also posted on my youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZ9wn_CjYhw

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
New record for Havoc 10 - Flow Control. 15/21 saved.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
Well done, guys! Result added 8-)

I always wondered why those other skills were there... :forehead:

EDIT: Tried this one again. Best I could manage was 14...
« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 07:24:39 AM by WillLem »

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
hey WillLem, Watched your replay of Flow control, actually it says you saved 14.

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
Re: [RECORDS] SuperLemmini Records (Max Saved / Fastest Time / Fewest Skills)
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2021, 07:27:48 AM »
So it does! It's because I have percentages displayed in SL. I calculated 66% of 21 as 13.86... I figured that since you can't save 0.86 of a lemming, I must have saved 13.

This is the problem with using percentages in this game! I've opted to "Never show percentages" now, so this doesn't happen again :lemcat:

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2021, 09:15:38 AM »
It works the other way round. Since the game will always round percentages down, when you convert back to number of lemmings, you should always round up.

14/21 = 2/3 = 0.666 = 66.6% so the game displays 66%;

13/21 = 0.619 = 61.9% so the game would display 61%.

Another way to think of it is that "66%" means anything from 66.00% to 66.99%, that is, anything from 13.86 lemmings to 14.07 lemmings; 14 is the only whole number in that range.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 09:23:19 AM by Proxima »

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2021, 12:34:31 AM »
Here's an SL Any% speedrun of Taxing in 35:58.

I reckon with practice I can get it under 30 minutes, watch this space... 8-)

Also added SL speedrun rules to the OP, and I'll likely do the other 3 ranks over the next few days. Looking forward to seeing if anyone can beat my time - get involved! :lemcat:

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
I finally have some time to get these records tables looked at. Finished uploading my records for Original Lemmings - please have a look at these and see if you've matched/beaten any of them. If so, let me know and I'll update :lemcat:

I'll groove on with inputting the Oh No! records ASAP as well.