Author Topic: Option to increase cursor size  (Read 1659 times)

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
Option to increase cursor size
« on: December 27, 2020, 05:08:47 AM »
It's in the title. I tried simply resizing the "mouse.png" graphic by 200%, and it worked, but displayed all related images simultaneously rather than just the cursor, i.e:

« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 09:05:19 AM by Simon »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: [SUG] Option to increase cursor size
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2020, 05:46:24 AM »
This is 2 issues, the failed resize and the lack of bigger cursor.

Reopened #75 Cursor too small on github. geoo filed this, then eventually grew happy with the small cursor, and nobody else wanted it bigger since. It would be nice to scale the cursor independently of the window size or resolution.

When you resize gridded images, you must keep the outside border 1 pixel thin. Lix will detect this border during file load, cut the bitmap according to the frame color, and treat the image as having several frames.

With 2-pixel-thick border, Lix will detect this image as ungridded, and treat it as a single frame. As a result, you will see the entire image instead of the first frame, and error texts instead of all other frames.

-- Simon

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
Re: [SUG] Option to increase cursor size
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2020, 07:17:14 AM »
When you resize gridded images, you must keep the outside border 1 pixel thin. Lix will detect this border during file load, cut the bitmap according to the frame color, and treat the image as having several frames.

Thank you for this explanation! :lemcat:

Confirmed - placing the attached image into Lix/data/images results in a cursor double the size of the default (I have also attached the original default image here just in case anyone tries this and wishes to switch back).

Preview of resized cursor in-game: