Author Topic: [SuperLemmini] Level Packs Index  (Read 9219 times)

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
[SuperLemmini] Level Packs Index
« on: December 13, 2020, 11:39:17 PM »
SuperLemmini Level Packs Index

Complete list of level packs currently available for SuperLemmini, listed by author.

This post is for packs only. For the individual level sharing topic, please click here.

Please note that this list will be checked periodically, and any packs that aren't fully working will be removed.

Original DMA Games Remastered (click to show/hide)

Deceit (click to show/hide)

Dodochacolos (click to show/hide)

Geoffster (click to show/hide)

IchoTolot (click to show/hide)

Mobius (click to show/hide)

namida (click to show/hide)

Nepster (click to show/hide)

Pieuw (click to show/hide)

Ron Stard (click to show/hide)

Turrican (click to show/hide)

[SuperLemmini] Individual Level Sharing Topic
« Last Edit: February 28, 2022, 11:33:27 AM by WillLem »

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
Re: [SuperLemmini] Level Packs Index
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2020, 11:48:00 PM »
Awesome, Willem, for indexing these Superlemmini packs. As you can tell I've done a lot of these pack conversions. Mainly because previously there weren't that many.

And as far as them working, all them do as I have replays for all but the Revenge of the Lemmings, and a few of my original ones like ohno and holiday. so all of the indexed ones work.

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2020, 04:01:29 AM »
Oh, I would kind of be interested in you LPing any of my Superlemmini custom conversion Packs(1st rank as you have been doing) to give Superlemmini more Youtube exposure.
Even Ichotolots Reunion I think you can handle the 1st rank. But you can do some easier ones too.

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2020, 03:46:50 AM »
Oh, I would kind of be interested in you LPing any of my Superlemmini custom conversion Packs(1st rank as you have been doing) to give Superlemmini more Youtube exposure.
Even Ichotolots Reunion I think you can handle the 1st rank. But you can do some easier ones too.

Sure, I can have a look at doing this at some point. Good shout! I'm hoping to start making much shorter videos, like only a few minutes where I maybe solve one or two levels, so this might be an idea to act as "adverts" for each of the packs.

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2020, 11:24:46 AM »
My take on this is that I feel it's a much better idea to LP custom Superlemmini packs that were intended to use Superlemmini mechanics, like what WillLem did with his Xmas and Superlemming packs. I feel these will provide much better exposure and marketing of Superlemmini. Even better, they're quite short packs, being only 10 levels each, and that's quite a good amount. At the same time, these both use the Superlemming gimmick, and so aren't quite the best packs to represent SL, but certainly for the fact they are intended to use SL mechanics.

If looking for a pack that intended Superlemmini mechanics to LP, I would suggest Sublems, Reverse Lemmings, or maybe even prince jamie's packs, which are far shorter. Reverse Lemmings might be a pretty good one, considering it's simply the original Lemmings with the exits and hatches swapped. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with LPing one of eric's conversion packs to Superlemmini. You still can, but rather I feel it's better to do packs that originally started off as Superlemmini packs. Sure, a lot of them started off as Lemmini packs, but there's still plenty of subtle differences between the two engines where levels can play out differently than originally intended when going from Lemmini to SL. It might not matter in most cases, but it's still something to keep in mind.

Just my take and opinion, of course.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2020, 11:35:19 AM by kaywhyn »
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2020, 04:10:50 PM »
@kaywhyn

Good shout, I see where you're coming from. However, there's more to SL than just the differences in mechanics, there's the simplicity of its interface and its relatively lush graphics as well, not to mention the fact that only the classic-8 skills are available.

Perhaps it would be best to wait until timed bombers gets re-introduced to SL before LPing, say, GeoffLems or PimoLems. That way, game mechanics would be a much more prevalent thing.

Then again, who knows how long we'll be waiting for that to happen...

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2020, 07:11:04 PM »
Good shout, I see where you're coming from. However, there's more to SL than just the differences in mechanics, there's the simplicity of its interface and its relatively lush graphics as well, not to mention the fact that only the classic-8 skills are available.

If it's the nice graphics you're after, all SL packs have that. Naturally, it would make the most sense to go with packs that are extremely artistic and well designed, such as Sublems. However, I know that you have already did a first rank, or, in your case, the first two ranks, video of the pack. So, you might want to do the rest of the pack but the SL version of it.

Perhaps it would be best to wait until timed bombers gets re-introduced to SL before LPing, say, GeoffLems or PimoLems. That way, game mechanics would be a much more prevalent thing.

I still think it's better to LP a custom pack that started off as a SL one which intended SL mechanics in order to get word of mouth out there for the engine rather than one that got converted to SL. In this way, you kind of kill 3 birds with one stone as previously mentioned :P Pretty much all of the converted packs have already had a LP done, so it might be better to do packs that don't yet have an LP in order to give them more of a time to shine ;)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2021, 07:47:18 PM »
Hey WillLem, you can add Deceit Lemmings to your Pack index list as Kaywhyn converted it to Superlemmini

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2021, 06:30:36 AM »
Hey WillLem, you can add Deceit Lemmings to your Pack index list as Kaywhyn converted it to Superlemmini

Done. Thanks, Eric :thumbsup: