Author Topic: Revenge of the Lemmings for Superlemmini  (Read 4234 times)

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
Revenge of the Lemmings for Superlemmini
« on: September 26, 2020, 05:08:31 AM »
hi I downloaded Mobius Revenge of the Lemmings for Lemmini. It's converted already to Superlemmini.

Also there is no styles in his zip file which means it uses just the standard styles which means I shouldn't have to do any editing at all(nothing with exits or traps)
The only thing though is he has a bonus rank which is meant only for lemmini because of glitches. So I decided to just remove that rank and keep only the 1st 6 ranks(all non-glitch levels
according to his Readme file). So that's still plenty of levels(180 total- 6 ranks x 30 per rank).

Just like with my Original game remakes in the levels for other engines board, I didn't have to edit those ones either because they also just used standard styles(no new styles folder for those)
That's why there shouldn't be any editing for this since Mobius didn't have any styles folder in his zip for this pack.

So since there is no editing I decided just to upload the pack now. Of course I only played the first 10 levels so no replays included

So to get the pack just extract the .rar file to your main Superlemmini folder(everything will fall into place)

Edit 7/19/2021: Have replays up to Hootenanny 16.
Level 16 of Hootenany (Karoshi Factory), one of the masher traps and the spinning wheel traps had to be adjusted as they wouldn't kill the lemmings.
so redownload the pack or here is just level 16. Replace it in the Revenge of the Lemmings level folder

Edit 7/26/2021:. Frenzy level 6: Life in the THIRD DIMENSION. I had to lower exit 1 pixel since lemming wouldn't exit.
so redownload the pack or here is just level 6 of frenzy. Replace it in the Revenge of the Lemmings level folder.

Edit 8/05/2021: Pain level 5: Good reception. The zapper traps had to be adjusted as any climber lemmings would just walk past them.
Updated the OP or here is Just level 05 of Pain. Just place it in the Revenge of the Lemmings level folder.

Edit 8/12/2021 Pain level 26: About to Break. had to move the blocks the exit is on 2 pixels to the right as the builder building over the water gap needs to turn around to be able to solve the level.

Edit 8/12/2021 Pain level 27: Balancing Act. had to add a tiny piece of terrain due to Superlemmini climber issues (very annoying)
Updated the OP or here is just level 26 and 27 of Pain. Just place it in the Revenge of the Lemmings level folder.

Edit 08/22/2021 Carnage Level 26 (Perfect Harmony) , the Lemmings wouldn't exit so had to lower exit so they would. also had to adjust the 2 sucker traps as they didn't work. Just redownload the pack and extract to main folder.

Edit 08/27/2021 Armageddon 12 (Jumble Sale) had to add a tiny piece of terrain near right edge of block near hatch so a climber can't climb out.

Edit 08/28/2021 Armageddon 15 (Recurrent Sacrifice) had to adjust top rope trap as it wasn't killing the lemmings.
Edit 08/30/2021 Armageddon 25 (Stuff in The Way) slight terrain adjustment as floater who builds right toward exit didn't turn around
« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 10:55:09 PM by ericderkovits »

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
Re: Mobius Revenge of the Lemmings for Superlemmini
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2020, 04:03:44 AM »
Ok I finished the 1st rank Picnic. Next rank is Hootenanny.

Offline Turrican

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2021, 04:10:09 PM »
Hi Eric! After watching your video of your solution of Carnage 24 , I've decided to post here this solution , which allows you to complete the level , without the need of the fourth basher.
My Youtube channel ( Turrican Lemm )  :
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYGFBOHdYITHlsqa203Tu8Q

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
Re: Revenge of the Lemmings for Superlemmini
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2021, 06:13:11 PM »
Oh, Wow. thanks Turrican. (I changed it back to 3 bashers in the updated Revenge of the Lemmings.rar). It's just I watched Icho's replay of the level and it appeared to require the basher requiring crossing of the gap to solve, but I guess it is possible. Kind of a neat solution there too Turrican.

I did though remove the Bonus rank from the SL version since the Bonus rank had glitchy levels that work in Regular Lemmini and not in SL.

Thanks for watching the video and reporting a 3 basher solution.
Also updated a new video with your solution.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2021, 12:46:58 AM by ericderkovits »

Offline Turrican

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2021, 03:21:17 PM »
I found the time and watched some more of your videos , and after watching them I've decided to post two more replays.

So here are replays for Pain 1 ( Hello , Goodbye ) , and Carnage 9 ( Prize catch ). Both solutions are reproductions of my old Lemmix solutions. ( I am posting here solutions that are different , to the ones in the videos ) .

Also , after some testing , I have found that due to the difference in miner behaviour , the first move of the intended solution of Armageddon 12 ( Jumble Sale ) , doesn't seem to work as intended. The same thing happened in the Lemmix version of the level , so I had fixed it some years ago , with a very small change in the terrain that is barely visible. If you having problems , playtesting that level , I can convert and post here the edited level , if you want.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 03:38:15 PM by Turrican »

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2021, 11:54:16 PM »
I don't mean to be picky but could you possibly remove my name from the title of this? Reason being; 1) for those unaware it makes it looks like I'm the pack author which isn't true; it's a collaborative pack and none of my own levels are in it. 2) I'm not involved in this project in anyway so it would be better for people to go to you or whoever for info on it. I'm planning on working on the NeoLemmix version of this pack instead.

edit: I forgot about the "extra" rank. Some of these levels I can merge into the regular set and will do away with the extra rank as well.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2021, 05:31:44 PM by mobius »
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2021, 07:14:59 PM »
It appears the smashers traps(brick ones) in Armageddon 18 (Feel the Pressure) are faster in Superlemmini than in regular Lemmini thus it seems saving 47 is impossible.
Solving the level the same way as Icho's solution saves only 45, but I came up with a slightly different solution saving 46.
If anybody can solve this level saving 47, please post the replay, otherwise I will change the save requirement to 46.

Offline Turrican

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2021, 09:24:36 PM »
It appears the smashers traps(brick ones) in Armageddon 18 (Feel the Pressure) are faster in Superlemmini than in regular Lemmini thus it seems saving 47 is impossible.
Solving the level the same way as Icho's solution saves only 45, but I came up with a slightly different solution saving 46.
If anybody can solve this level saving 47, please post the replay, otherwise I will change the save requirement to 46.

Here is a solution that saves 47 lemmings on "Feel the Pressure".