Author Topic: [BUG][PLAYER][DORMANT] Projectile skills malfunction if thrower is teleported  (Read 906 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
This will be fixed if/when one or both of the projectile skills is confirmed for stable.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Send a lemming through a teleporter.
2. Assign a thrower to another lemming within this teleporter's trigger area, such that the lemming will be teleported before the projectile leaves his hand.
3. Watch what happens.

What should happen here is obvious, I just need to figure out how to make it happen.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 11:28:39 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
Re: [BUG][PLAYER] Projectile skills malfunction if thrower is teleported
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2020, 01:19:08 AM »
Please can you make a video of this?

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2020, 01:22:35 AM »
There's three lemmings down the bottom (the two at the back are very close together). When the second lemming is standing in the teleporter's trigger area, assign one of the projectile skills to him. (This level is not included in the exp download because I only created it earlier today.)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2020, 01:28:11 AM »
Interesting... :o

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2020, 01:40:49 AM »
What's happening is that, while the lemming is in the teleporter, the projectile constantly moves by the amount it would move by on the current frame of the lemming's animation. (It needs to do this, rather than just jumping to fixed positions, as part of the interim terrain detections.) Because the lemming's animation isn't updating (as it's in the teleporter)... well, you can figure the rest. Indeed, if the projectile hasn't hit something by the time the lemming comes out the other side, it should resume the normal path (from its current position at the time, not the lemming's actual position) once the lemming does come out.
My Lemmings projects