Author Topic: I've been out of the loop  (Read 1429 times)

Offline finlay

• View Profile
I've been out of the loop
« on: September 04, 2020, 02:47:15 AM »
I think I'm just passing by this time I'm afraid, but I wanted to stop by and say hi. I was browsing speedrun.com and thought I could do better than the posted run of Fun. Turns out I'm out of practice and botched a few levels quite badly, coming in with a time of 47 min. My usual Mac strategy of scumming the shift key to speed up the end of the level doesn't work on Dos unfortunately. Also I had a lot if trouble working out how to record the video and add a timestamp to it. Anyone who knows what they're doing, I'd appreciate the help. Tbh I'm probably not going to try so much more, I'd rather go back to playing Starcraft at the moment.

But while I'm here, well... are there any particularly cool levels that I just HAVE to check out?

I also did a quick search on the app store and found out that someone released a Lemmings game on iOS back in 2018. What do you guys think of that? I'm sure this isn't the first that you've discussed it but i don't really want to go searching through the forum right now. Honestly it just seems to be a hellish mess of microtransactions but I'm tempted to give it a download and see.

Anyway i hope everyone is ok during the pandemic. I myself quit my shitty job and came back to the uk from japan.

Oh yeah and the last time i posted on here i was wanting to transcribe the lemmings game book. I never got around to finishing it. But i could give it a shot if there's enough interest and i have the time.

Offline zanzindorf

• View Profile
    • Zanzindorf.com
Re: I've been out of the loop
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2020, 03:13:48 AM »
I played the mobile Lemmings game for a bit. In standard mobile game fashion, they simplified the source material to the extreme, to the point where it gets old fast. The graphics are cute. It's a well designed mobile game, but it's still a mobile game. I would have preferred something with more complexity, but I think they're were aiming for a broader, more casual audience.

I've been out of the loop too. You could play my levels, but they're old. I kinda wanna start working on some news ones.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2020, 03:42:01 AM »
I also did a quick search on the app store and found out that someone released a Lemmings game on iOS back in 2018.

Around these parts, we pretend that game does not exist. It's a vaguely Lemmings-like game at best; certianly not worthy of the Lemmings name.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2020, 06:05:52 PM »
I also did a quick search on the app store and found out that someone released a Lemmings game on iOS back in 2018.

Around these parts, we pretend that game does not exist. It's a vaguely Lemmings-like game at best; certianly not worthy of the Lemmings name.
Thought that might be the case haha