Author Topic: [NeoLemmix] ConkLemms Demo  (Read 2316 times)

Offline conker87

• View Profile
[NeoLemmix] ConkLemms Demo
« on: May 08, 2020, 10:47:03 PM »
Hey everyone. With my assignments done I have loads more time, so I decided to get back into level making after years of not doing it. Here is about 15 of them I made (some in Lemmini!) and wanting some advice as regards to design and difficulty. Two of them I will not be putting in the pack, and will probably add them to an 'extra' rating, these are 'Lem Can Alley' and 'Pillars of Doom I' as they are very long winded with just one ability, they're kept in this demo, however. There is music for the levels, however I have not included it (its the original ATARI version of ON!ML soundtrack) as I'm not sure of the rights to share for the tracks.

Let me know what you all think with an critique.

Download (dropbox): https://www.dropbox.com/s/qp99aj81n631cwu/ConkLemms.BETA.zip?dl=0

I did a playthrough of them here, I don't think they're hard enough to warrant needing it to check how to solve but I've been playing a bunch of lemmings recently so knock yourselves out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXfK4a1OktI

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: [NeoLemmix] ConkLemms Demo
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2020, 11:39:08 PM »
First of all, welcome (back) to the forum! :)

As I already commented under the video: The levels overall look very nice and there are quite a few neat little puzzles in there. The biggest point in terms of criticism I would say is that some are a bit too builder heavy or too repetitive, but that's something a lot of people made when they began creating levels, so you are not alone there. ;)
I especially liked the Switzerlem level.

I am eager to see more the future! :thumbsup:

If you ever need some inspiration I would suggest looking through some other user created packs. :)

We are also currently in the submission phase for the 20th level design contest: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=4731.0

I recommend giving it a shot!

Offline mantha16

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2020, 07:55:03 PM »
so far
1. I like the design but I don't think that many lemmings is necessary you could change the clock accordingly if you reduced the lemming count.

2. good little puzzle but I dont think you need to hide the exit

Offline mantha16

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2020, 07:11:56 AM »
3. I like this one you have to think more than it first appears.
4. Frustrating because I missed the talisman by 1 shall have to retry this one
4a. a good test of getting the timing right
5 one of the strongest puzzles took two attempts to get it right
6. OK but not one of my favourites
7. Probably the easiest I would move this one earlier in the rank
8. Nice
9. Pleasing on the eyes
10. Probably my fave of the builder heavy levels
11. Not sure if my solution was the intended one possibly a backroute if not (I didn't watch your video)
12. my least favourite builder level
13. A strong foundation for a level but I would consider changing the skill set would make it more enjoyable
14. a really fun level and the best name

Overall better than my first pack design wise.  You clearly have good skills for the aesthetics.

I don't mind the builderfests as much as some people do but you've put a lot of them together which does become too repetitive.  If you are going to make a bigger pack maybe spread them out more.

Online WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2020, 12:36:20 AM »
Nice! I'll give this pack a playthrough, for sure. Where did you get the Atari music from?