Author Topic: TMChallenge (decorative terrain challenges)  (Read 2466 times)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
TMChallenge (decorative terrain challenges)
« on: May 06, 2020, 02:05:21 AM »
TMChallenge is a pack that mobius and I made back in the Lemmix days, and was included in Nepster's updates of Lemmix packs to (old-formats) NL. Thanks to namida's new tool, I have converted the pack to new-formats at last.

I'm going to work on converting more of the packs from Nepster's topic, but there are a lot of levels, many of which I haven't seen or solved before, so please be patient -- it's going to be a long haul.

TMChallenge contains 10 levels, all taken from original Lemmings with exits (and sometimes trapdoors) moved into the decorative terrain. The original skillsets were unchanged, but (I believe) all levels are still solvable. The one level I haven't been able to confirm as solvable is "Forgive Me", which was originally intended to require steel glitches, but Clam was able to solve it (in Lemmix) without glitches, so this solution might work in NL. Please let me know if you are able to solve this level 8-) (Confirmed by namida -- thank you!)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 03:50:56 AM by Proxima »

Offline mantha16

• View Profile
Re: TMChallenge (decorative terrain challenges)
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2020, 05:45:29 PM »
Well I tried and tried and tried but could not solve the last level one more builder and I would have had it

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2020, 11:17:10 PM »
I remember playing this pack on Custlemm a very long time ago, and I was able to solve the last level that time, so it should still be possible in Neolemmix. It's just really difficult and certainly the hardest one in the pack.

Just solved Forgive Me in Neolemmix, so this is a confirmation to Proxima that all levels in this pack are possible, both in its original form and now Neolemmix. This simply means you have yet to find the solution, mantha.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If you still can't figure it out, let me know if you need a replay.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline mantha16

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2020, 12:25:27 AM »
I'll try again, I could solve it the original version before the exit moved so I must be able to figure it out.

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2020, 08:56:24 PM »
ok Now i downloaded this pack, I need replays now for this pack, as none are posted. but I see Mantha16 was playing it still, so no need to post any yet. but if you Kaywhyn want to P.M me them
you can. since this looks way too difficult for me to solve on my own.

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2020, 09:55:34 PM »
While I can't prevent anyone from downloading my replays, it is an entirely different matter as to whether the person decides to view the replays of levels he or she hasn't solved yet. It is understood that one's enjoyment will be spoiled if the replay is watched before solving, but some people are ok with that.

That being said, this is a small pack where there isn't any kind of prize for completing it, so I don't consider my replay collection private matter and will just post mine here. Replays are attached. I plan to eventually post my replays of packs I played in the level pack topics themselves, anyway.

Regarding this pack, even with some of the original levels revisited and pretty much only the entrances/exits moved, most of the levels didn't offer much more of a significant challenge. The most difficult ones for me were 4 - Turn Around and Despair, 7 - Who you gonna call?, and 10 - Forgive me!, the last one being the hardest and therefore its position as the final level of the pack is most appropriate. Still, this is an enjoyable pack for me ;)

In the future, eric, it would be best if you didn't post in every level pack topic saying that you "need replays" or you "downloaded the pack and have all the replays from someone." Generally, people post in the level pack topics because they have something they want to say about the pack, eg, "The levels in this pack look great!", "I need help with this level," "this level doesn't load for me," or they have replays/feedback they want to give the pack author. You made separate topics and mentioned which ones you have and which ones you still need replays for, which is perfectly fine, since they're your topic.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2020, 10:29:53 PM »
Ok, sorry about that. Yes from now on if I need or want replays I'll just keep it in the my posts and keep it out of the packs posts. I'll just download them from there and leave it at that. I'll only put
it in my topics from now on. However, I consider you and Icho the kings of puzzle solving, this is why I collect replays, If I were a great puzzle solver like you 2, I would just do the packs myself.
But I'm kind of more a completionist, As I like to have replays for every pack. Also Part of the reason I'm converting Lemmini Packs to Superlemmini is so I can have replays for Superlemmini too.
Also I'm better at programming the packs whether for NL or Superlemmini, so that's is what I'm better at. Puzzle solving is just not what I'm good at.

EDIT: Yeah, I'm kind of a dumb-dumb, I should have known better too, as You know who was mad at me?

« Last Edit: September 20, 2020, 10:53:23 PM by ericderkovits »

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2020, 10:54:43 PM »
However, I consider you and Icho the kings of puzzle solving,

Well, I'm quite honored that you think that I'm one of the few solving greats here in this community. As I have mentioned over and over, I'm far from being the best in terms of level solving in Lemmings (I still think a couple here are much better at solving than me), but I have a feeling that most members in this community see me as someone who has great level solving abilities despite the fact that I've only been posting on this forum for 6 months. This is genuine honesty coming from me about myself as a person, and as an individual I have the tendency to doubt my abilities a lot. In other words, I generally don't have much self-confidence.

this is why I collect replays, But I'm kind of more a completionist, As I like to have replays for every pack.

Ok, I don't have a problem with you collecting my replays. Simply keep your eye out for when I post them in the level pack topics. I too am also a completionist, and so I will likely go back and do Lemmings Plus 1 for NL as well even though I have already done it on Dos from a couple of years ago. Same with Reunion even though I already completed it for Lemmini a couple of years ago.

Also Part of the reason I'm converting Lemmini Packs to Superlemmini is so I can have replays for Superlemmini too.
Also I'm better at programming the packs whether for NL or Superlemmini, so that's is what I'm better at. Puzzle solving is just not what I'm good at.

Understood. I appreciate all the packs you converted to Superlemmini, and I will eventually get to playing them at some point as well.