Author Topic: Revenge of the Lemmings (conversion to v12.7) community help appreciated :)  (Read 31904 times)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
Re: Revenge of the Lemmings (conversion to v12.7) community help appreciated :)
« Reply #120 on: December 14, 2021, 12:53:49 AM »
Great work on Evacuation and Deadly Detour! As for the latter that I would say is a backroute because it doesn't use the one area of the level at all; which Proxima found. And I'd say that's more elegant than digging the exit out. That one was deceptively tricky.

Locked and Loaded:
Gah! your second solution was so close to many things I tried but never succeeded to do earlier. It may be close to intended idk... In the process the solution I came up with imo is beautiful; it's so much more intricate and also fits in the original 7 minute time limit; which is somewhat unusually high for one of his levels. Maybe that's only my biased opinion...

Your first solution :( sadly another needle trap would fix that backroute but also disable my solution... Let me know if you want to see my replay. I'm torn between enforcing your second solution or trying to come up with a better fix.

Manifest. I think I'm gonna leave this open to multiple solutions. It's decently challenging as is imo. I'm guessing as to the original solution;
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I still have to spend more time on Conway's levels. I have maybe two more levels by Bryant I think I want to add.

a couple of notes in response to some comments from the past:
That Freezing Feeling; the time limit must be kept at 3:00 to enforce the intended solution as seen in his video. [you don't need two workers with 4:00]
With Crane's help I've backroute fixed some other levels; "Someone must help us" [I'm changing the title back to its original].
Also "Please Save Us" had an obvious backroute due to NL physics.
I've seen that the special graphics levels have already been redone so my earlier post was moot.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 19, 2021, 07:04:31 PM »
some new levels; mostly fixes to previous ones. I'm not real confident in any of them though, heh.

I added 1 builder to A Real Breakthrough and use a solution that has a couple of interesting tricks imo. [and made a few other changes including yours to fit the original better]

Pit of Doom; the solution I found saves more than required and leaves a skill, but it looks like a classic Ben Bryant misdirection level; but I could be wrong.

I think I may leave "Locked and Loaded" open to multiple solutions. [if I include this at all actually] Armani's trick is definitely not an easy one to find. I'm tempted to remove Crane's route yet Armani didn't find that one so easily apparently either...

« Last Edit: December 27, 2021, 07:11:13 PM by mobius »
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 27, 2021, 07:10:25 PM »
Has anyone made any attempts at the previous uploaded levels to test?

Here's one more (possibly my last) upload of levels to test. Hole in the Wall, Short Journey and Dual Action are levels I have not solved.
The rest except for Another Impasse are easy levels (intended for the first or second rank) though some might be a bit harder than they seem at first (I thought this about "Just Old Fasioned Building"

I have only one more level that I'm testing out myself then hoping to wrap this up soon.

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline Armani

• :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 29, 2021, 03:02:07 AM »
solved newLevels06.zip and testLevels09.zip

My newest Neolemmix level pack : Lemmings Halloween 2023 :D 8-)

About Armani: Armani's Blog
My NL level packs(in chronological order):
  Lemmings Uncharted [Medium~Extreme]
  Xmas Lemmings 2021 [Easy~Very Hard]
  Lemmings Halloween 2023 [Easy-Very Hard]

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 02, 2022, 01:26:59 AM »
I'm forgetting the following levels;

Dual Action (no idea on the solution and Cheapo differences (With bashers) make this problematic)
Short Journey. oops! That's not supposed to work [the ledge should not have extended far enough for them to land there].
This one and "Capturing Difficulties" which I never finished remaking because there are no good terrain pieces to make building it simple. Short Journey also has lots of very precise terrain placement and I have no idea what bearing this has on the solution. All of these come from Cheapo.
-------

Real Breakthrough is not the solution I had in mind, but works I guess. I might mess with it some more.

Your replay for house of the lost staircase failed for me. I uploaded it again in case I had the wrong version in my last post (and changed the save requirement since I realized that was a possibility and backroutes may still very much exist...

the rest were intended or acceptable :thumbsup:

And as promised I have uploaded here what will be the last batch of levels. The pack will have 6 ranks of 35 levels each. [making 210 total], same as before (or in one of the versions at least).

Some of the levels are first or second rank so have multiple solutions and some I'm really not sure about including.

EDIT: Just for kicks I'm throwing this other level in here cause I haven't been able to solve it yet. [may require direct drop glitch, meaning would be impossible]?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2022, 02:24:21 AM by mobius »

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline Armani

• :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 02, 2022, 06:03:05 AM »
They are all proven to be solvable. If these are the intended solutions is different matter though :P

My newest Neolemmix level pack : Lemmings Halloween 2023 :D 8-)

About Armani: Armani's Blog
My NL level packs(in chronological order):
  Lemmings Uncharted [Medium~Extreme]
  Xmas Lemmings 2021 [Easy~Very Hard]
  Lemmings Halloween 2023 [Easy-Very Hard]

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 03, 2022, 02:53:10 AM »
Take the Stairs; ....
wow dumbest oversight on my part ever. That's my fault; the level needed a minor change to accomdate for physics changes]. This level's kind of obvious (For a veteran) anyway, but glad I'm checking it jeesus...

Dangit; Your solution to Pillars of success was similar to mine but once again I overlooked something. I went and checked the Cheapo version (which I already did) but missed that there are some important differences I didn't copy over. I may edit this; not really sure on including this one.

All others were intended or acceptable!

Working on level order now.

I'm afraid I've not kept a record of all the changes; I decided not to from the beginning cause there's just too many. I kind of wish I did but eh... I will summarize them as best as I can.

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 08, 2022, 10:51:53 PM »
here is a attempt to get A Real Breakthrough to be a bit more difficult, this tries to enforce the solution I found earlier. Now with only 4 builders.

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 12, 2022, 11:11:12 PM »
ok level selection and order is almost complete. I'm working on the finishing touches now. I'll take any volunteers to test the final version of the pack. Mainly I'm doing this for the purpose of saving replays. Since it's so large; how about anybody *remotely* interested, just work on one rank? There are 6 ranks of 35 levels each. I may ask some people via PM is nobody responds. These levels are all solvable [or supposed to be] and ready for the release. I have only a few issues yet to work out. Namely; moving a few levels around, decided on the order or swapping levels in and out and such.

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 20, 2022, 01:04:05 AM »
welp; scratch my last post, after some more though and discovering yet more interesting levels, I decided, again, why rush to finish when after all, that's sort of what I did the first two times and ended up making some really poor decisions. So I've been going through some more levels to add to the pack and pruning levels. Also thanks to people on discord and on the forum who've been helping me identify levels. :thumbsup:

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 06, 2022, 01:26:24 AM »
ok several weeks later I decided to change it to 40 levels per rank, much like the Lix community pack, 6 ranks of 40. As there are just too many good ones to leave out imo. I will only be uploaded a couple more levels/folders to test.

Here's some more levels to test; not sure if all of these will go in the pack but some definitely will.
Note a lo of these levels I have not solved here. The ones I know are solvable are Two Teams' Towers, Bad Arrows,
syncronization, Sculptured Maze, Martyrdom, inversive surplus.

Now I'm still hoping this will only take a few more weeks as I promise this is the last time I'll get near the end and decide to go back and make a major change.

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline Turrican

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 06, 2022, 06:51:45 AM »
I have tried 16 of the latest test levels , and here are the replays of  my solutions!

Most of these , I found them pretty nice. My favourites of these , are "Magic the Bombering" , "Manual Adventures" , "Synchronization" and "The Lemming Factory" .
My Youtube channel ( Turrican Lemm )  :
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYGFBOHdYITHlsqa203Tu8Q

Offline Turrican

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 08, 2022, 02:37:29 AM »
I have tried three more of the latest test levels , and here are the replays of my solutions!

All three are very nice levels! My favourite of these is 'Two Teams' Towers" .

Offline Turrican

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 08, 2022, 05:16:40 AM »
And here is the replay of my solution of "Three groups , two exits".

That's a great level! It's one of my favourites , amongst the latest test levels.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 12, 2022, 04:17:33 PM »
new set of levels to test; only one I haven't solved is Illusive Paths; I know the intended idea behind the solution but haven't worked out the details yet.

-Hakuin Ekaku