Author Topic: This Mobile Lemmings level is impossible?  (Read 4885 times)

Offline StevenRice

• View Profile
This Mobile Lemmings level is impossible?
« on: December 05, 2019, 09:31:33 PM »
I play the Mobile Lemmings game on my Galaxy note10+. I've run into a level that seems impossible?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/6udbSdwRzbj51mPR7

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: This Mobile Lemmings level is impossible?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2019, 11:26:38 PM »
I don't know for sure, but several users have commented that they believe the mobile game's levels are procedurally generated - and thus it's completely possible that sooner or later, it would spawn an impossible one.

(I haven't played this game - and don't really intend to - so I can't offer any more advice than that. As far as I'm concerned, on a personal level, this game is not Lemmings.)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2019, 08:18:39 AM »
Eh, just because the levels are procedurally generated doesn't necessarily mean it could be an impossible one.  They could either build solvability into the algorithm, or have a human playtest the levels to check.

I would say email SadPuppy, but from your last topic a few months ago, you say they don't seem to respond to email so I don't know what to say.  Do make sure email is their official support channel though.  Maybe they have their own forum that you're supposed to visit for help, for example.  Assuming they have a website for their game, go to it and see where you can find technical support information.

From this topic, the number of players here of the mobile game are very few.  I see bsmith, Flopsy, Lehnah (who actually just posted a broken link to a supposed review and then disappeared, so might just be a paid shill, although I wouldn't have paid someone so incompetent), Shmolem and jamesleemorgan.  Flopsy seems to be the one who played the game the longest, but eventually he quitted the game as well it looks like.  So if it's a more recent level, there might be no one else here besides you that have played it.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2019, 08:31:41 AM »
You could also go into a little more detail about the stuff you've already tried and failed on the level.  For those of us (ie. almost everyone here) who never played this microtransaction-ladened incarnation of the game, the screenshot of the level is missing some crucial information for us to even guess.  We see an obvious teleport on the right linking the lower and upper half of the level.  Near the lower teleport there is a floor tile with some unknown red symbol whose meaning is unknown to us, and near the upper teleport you have some water that presumably you'd need to build or swim (is that possible?) over.  The screenshot doesn't show you what kind of skills (ie. things like builders, diggers, assuming those still exist in this game) nor how many of them, are given to you to do things with on this level, so it's understandably a little hard for us to even venture a wild guess as to how one might solve this level. :P

Offline kieranmillar

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2019, 11:59:57 AM »
I played this awful game briefly, and looking at the screenshot can confirm that this level layout is impossible to solve, as you can only go via the water tiles but the tunnel has too low a ceiling to build over them.

I feel extremely confident that the levels are randomly generated, and the fact they can't even guarantee that the levels are solvable is just big lols all round. What a terrible game.

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2019, 10:14:57 PM »
This level is possible actually, I have stopped playing this game now but I am aware of what the RED lasers actually do, they act different to BLUE Lasers.
RED lasers can actually break through dirt blocks so this is why it looks impossible because you need to use the red laser to break the ceiling above for you. They still bounce off of builder bridges so you need to build a builder bridge to the left underneath the single dirt block but to the left of the red laser.

It's still a hard level nonetheless because you have to stop this Red laser from killing the Lemmings also.
Best of luck anyway.

EDIT: You might find the following Facebook group useful if you are on Facebook, I am on this community and it talks about the Mobile game entirely, people post solutions to the tougher levels on here (via screenshot of the level when they finish it before the level fades away or a video of the successful attempt).
This is how I know this level is possible because I have seen this level discussed on the group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/lemmingscommunity/
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 10:21:17 PM by Flopsy »