Author Topic: Lemming Level List Game  (Read 129388 times)

Special_Gunpowder

Re: Lemming Level List Game
« Reply #480 on: April 23, 2005, 11:06:02 PM »
Quote from: Ahribar  link=1090216677/465#478 date=1114297095
(Incidentally, I can't help wondering if the amazing visual appeal on that one in some way inspired Special Gunpowder with his levels -- this reminds me of them in a way no other "real" level does.)

Oh, absolutely. But I always think that the thing that made many of these original levels great, whether it be the Amiga game, the MD game or Oh No! was the visual style. There were always nice touches that made the levels come to life and actually seem like proper places rather than an obvious, contrived puzzle.

I was about to review Sunsoft 22 but I just realised I don't remember how many builders the level is supposed to have! Anyone?

Conway

« Reply #481 on: April 23, 2005, 11:17:54 PM »
Why not check on the emulator?

As for Let's go Camping, I tried for ages to find a solution where they all go down, and the best I can find requires one more builder. The one where one goes down is this:

Lem1 blocks. Lem2 turns and exit. Lem3 digs and bashes, releases the blocker. Blocker walks on, basher builds to turn, builds back out to the left. (There are a few variations of this start, such as if the blocker falls and turns, making the basher go instead, or if the digger's hole is shallow enough not to require a build out of.) Whatever lemming is on the small block below, make him build, build under the wall with the trap so he turns, build to the wall to the left, bash through, build twice to the wall to the far left, build again when he turns right.

Unfortunately, I can think of no way to make this possible while eradicating all the backroutes that don't use the floor.

Special_Gunpowder

« Reply #482 on: April 23, 2005, 11:25:22 PM »
Quote from: Conway  link=1090216677/480#481 date=1114298274
Why not check on the emulator?

I would but that would take too long (to download and get to work, mainly). Someone else review it, as it's another one I don't remember too well.

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #483 on: April 24, 2005, 10:06:23 AM »
Sunsoft 22 has just one builder. (I would review it for you except that I did the last one.)

Special_Gunpowder

« Reply #484 on: April 24, 2005, 11:08:13 AM »
Right, let's give it a go then.

Sunsoft 22 - Watch right or left (part 2)

4 Bombers
1 Blocker
1 Builder
3 Bashers
1 Digger

Save 46/50 (92%)
RR 20
2 minutes

Good: far superior to the original "Watch right or left", with a more interesting level design and a tighter time limit.
Bad: would anyone really bother trying to go left?

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #485 on: April 24, 2005, 11:25:56 AM »
More to the point, is it possible to go left? (Damn, it would be easy if you had a climber........)

Sunsoft 23: Move on in two separate groups.

1 blocker, 7 builders, 4 bashers

Save 100% of 50
Release rate 50
3 minutes

Good: Another nice puzzle level, returning to the style of the first few but a little bit harder.
Bad: sorry to keep complaining about this -- but I expect better..... I guess I've just been misled by the set's reputation. I would enjoy levels like this if I weren't waiting for the set to reach the next difficulty stage above Mayhem.

Special_Gunpowder

« Reply #486 on: April 24, 2005, 11:34:26 AM »
Another bad point about "Move on in two seperate groups" is the title - it's a bit misleading isn't it?

Sunsoft 24 - Out, away from the tune

1 Bomber
1 Blocker
5 Builders
5 Bashers

Save 49/50 (98%)
RR 01
6 minutes

Good: another great design idea. It's a shame this level was never on the original game, as think of all the extra design features they could've crammed in - treble clefs, time signatures, the works!
Bad: another disappointment for Ahribar!  :-(

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #487 on: April 24, 2005, 11:48:22 AM »
How is the title of "Two separate groups" misleading? Do you perhaps have a different solution from mine?

First lemming on right bashes then builds -- if done perfectly you won't lose any. First on left bashes at top of stairs, make a blocker behind him. He builds over the gap -- bash to release blocker -- bash and build to where right entrance is.

And I still want to know the "left" solution on level 22.......

Sunsoft 25: Stray sheep

20 of everything

Save 80% of 100
Release rate 1
7 minutes

Good: neat idea, and the layout is more complex than "Lost something?" so there are more places to look
Bad: just as with "Lost something?" they put the exit in the most obvious place.......

Offline Isu

• View Profile
« Reply #488 on: April 24, 2005, 12:36:26 PM »
And I still want to know the "left" solution on level 22.......

No, I don't know it either...

Sunsoft 26: Just a minute (Part Three)

Skills: 1 Climber
          2 Bashers
          3 Miners
          1 Diggers

Save: 100/100 (100%)
Release rate: 90
Time: 1 minute

Good: It looks pretty cool.
Bad: With only 4 levels left, we need something harder than this! (It's easier then part one and two)

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #489 on: April 24, 2005, 12:48:03 PM »

Sunsoft 27: Two heads are better...

4 climbers, 1 floater, 3 bombers

To save 25% of 4
Release rate 1
1 minute

Good: something a bit different. And it needs more precision than most bomber-timing levels; even I needed three tries.
Bad: what ISU said!

Offline Timballisto

• View Profile
« Reply #490 on: April 24, 2005, 01:41:52 PM »
Is the time limit on that level supposed to be the hard part?

Maybe you could just make a left-walking athlete and be done with two minutes to use.

Offline Adam

• Just one more level....
    • View Profile
    • Lemmings Forums
« Reply #491 on: April 24, 2005, 01:45:17 PM »
There's the trap which squashes the lemmings there.

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #492 on: April 24, 2005, 01:59:17 PM »
The time limit?? But the fourth lemming goes direct from trapdoor to exit, you couldn't make him take more time if you wanted to.

(And I'm pretty sure that if the trap wasn't there, a left-walking athlete would easily take less than a minute to get to the exit.)

By the way...... I just solved Fall And No Life Part Two! Can I reserve that one please? (I can't do 28 because I did 27, and I still haven't passed 29.)

Special_Gunpowder

« Reply #493 on: April 24, 2005, 02:54:23 PM »
Fine. But I get to do "I Am A.T."

A left hand solution to "Watch right or left (Part Two)":  turn the first lemming into a blocker. Have the second one build so that the lemmings land on top of the left hand side of the pit (so they don't fall too far). Then bash through the remaining obstacles to the exit. I assume that you don't lose more than 3 lemmings going over that pit, but I could be wrong.

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #494 on: April 24, 2005, 04:03:37 PM »
Thanks. You still haven't told me your solution to "Two separate groups" though?

Anyway..... if you're doing "I am A.T." and I'm doing "Fall and no life (Part two)" we just need someone to take "The gate trap Lemmings." and we're done! Any takers?