Author Topic: MegSEGAbytes (A 2nd collab pack by Flopsy and Wafflem) [Difficulty: Medium-Hard]  (Read 5318 times)

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
4/4/23: it is now ok to video LP this pack again, the ban has been lifted

v1.01 (5/12/20)
Fixed an oversight with the save requirement in "In A Slipstream", the save requirement is now set to 54/60
Pack cleansed

Here it is, the sequel to MegSEBytes.

Like MegSEBytes, this pack was made using the formula where one of us would create the terrain, then the other would add the objects, name the level, create the solution, skillset etc.
Whoever is named first in the author field: created the terrain layout.
Whoever is named second: adds in objects, created the solution, named the level, created the skillset.

It's been such an honour to work with Wafflem on another collaboration pack and this has been a lot of fun to create. We hope you enjoy this pack.
The pack contains 40 levels :)

Download the music pack here (141MB)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kxfvhxexg17iyqo/MegSEGAbytes%20music.zip?dl=1
(Extract this to your "music" folder)

The level pack zip file is attached to this post at the bottom, extract this to your "levels" folder.

This pack contains 5 ranks: Slow-Mo, Speedy, Dashing, Lightspeed, Supersonic
Each rank contains 8 levels.

Slow-Mo

Jewel Quest (Flopsy/Wafflem)

Speedy

The Point of No Return (Wafflem/Flopsy)

Dashing

Don't Get Greedy Now (Wafflem/Flopsy)

Lightspeed

Let's Head Back To Camp (Wafflem/Flopsy)

Super Sonic

Take Us Home (Flopsy/Wafflem)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2023, 12:45:40 AM by Flopsy »

Offline joshescue18

• View Profile
Re: MegSEGAbytes (A 2nd collab pack by Flopsy and Wafflem)
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2019, 04:52:20 PM »
Slow-Mo finished.

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
Re: MegSEGAbytes (A 2nd collab pack by Flopsy and Wafflem)
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2019, 12:50:17 AM »
A little late but congratulations on the release :thumbsup: It was a huge honor to help you guys test the pack :)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I solved all the levels.

Replays attached.

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I recently started to upload my solutions to YouTube. :)

Link to the first part: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7A1tPiIIa7Y

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
v1.01 released (5/12/20)
Fixed an oversight with the save requirement in "In A Slipstream", the save requirement is now set to 54/60
Pack cleansed

Offline LemFan

• View Profile
Sadly I cannot LP this pack myself due to being a tester. I wish I could LP this pack though, because it looks like a high quality one!

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Hi Flopsy/Wafflem,

I have solved the first three ranks. Replays attached and some feedback. Also, link to the LP: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbp2m4KlFpJtE2umu9GRbe5sUr9fZfUg_. Enjoy! :P

General Feedback

I must say, I'm enjoying this pack a lot! :thumbsup: This pack definitely needs more attention and loving. A lot of the very early levels are Wafflem's, but as I've been told by Flopsy, the later ranks tend more towards the levels being Flopsy's, but overall the amount of levels from each one pretty much evens out. Indeed, pretty much every level in the Dashing rank is Flopsy's.

Due to MegSEGAbytes being a sequel collaboration pack between Flopsy and Wafflem, I expected the difficulty to be higher than MegSEBytes, and it definitely shows. Already on the very first level, it is a save all, therefore showing that they're not messing around here. The only major stumper so far was Dashing 8 - Nice To Be Out!, since that's the only level in this batch of replays that needed more than one video to solve, but that's due to me dismissing a route that I didn't bother to try and thought wouldn't work.

Plenty of levels are long, with very few short ones, but honestly I wasn't too bothered by the huge level lengths in my LP all that much. I'm enjoying myself playing and solving through the levels too much to notice it, especially since the puzzles are quite good. I especially love the custom tilesets/backgrounds, something which I will always welcome with open arms, as they add a lot of variety to the levels. Plenty of pretty landscapes to look at and admire :)

I'm happy to hear from Flopsy that he has been enjoying my LP of the pack very much. I also wish that Wafflem was here to hear this, as I know he would appreciate someone playing through the pack. Wherever he is, we here at the Forums miss him and hope he makes a return sooner rather than later.

Slow-Mo Rank Feedback

Not much to say here other than this rank is mostly X-of-everything levels, and it definitely reminded me very much of the Paradise rank of SEB Lems. Here, I would say that already with Slow-Mo 1 - Collaboration Nation this is equivalent to around close to the end of the first half of the Paradise rank. Despite having a somewhat high difficulty, it's nevertheless still quite easy due to having far more skills than you need and a 21-of-everything skillset. Even then, consider that this is simply a sample of things to come and things will quickly become very puzzly.

The first 3 levels are X-of-everything levels, and just like the Paradise rank of SEB Lems, I like the puzzle variety in them so that they're very interesting levels/puzzles which make them far more interesting than the Tame levels of ONML. They're not just levels where it's 2-3 skill assignments and then done. You have to do way more than that. These are also nicely designed levels. Both Slo-Mo 1 and Slo-Mo 2 have the common level concept of going around to various parts of the level to free the blockers due to the save all requirement, except the latter is much more restricted in the skillset, having about half the amount of every skill than what Slo-Mo 1 provides, as well as different skills available. Slo-Mo 3 - It's A Trap!!! features the level concept of both entrances being splat hatches and hence is somewhat harder than the previous 2 levels, but it's still not that hard due to the generous save requirement.

Slow-Mo 4 - Jewel Quest is the first level to break the X-of-everything pattern, and is therefore a step up in difficulty, but this is generally a trademark of Wafflem's levels, where a lot of times the skillset is such that you have equal amounts of some skills, while the most powerful skills are very limited and you aren't provided any or just 1 or a few. This was probably one of my favorites of the rank, as it's a really good puzzle and also a very nicely designed level! :thumbsup:

Slow-Mo 5 - Princess in Another Castle is the second level I have played in the Persia tileset. Very nice level with a lot of zombies everywhere in the level, and a 2-Lemmings level where you must rescue both and have to send the only lemming from the hatch to free the other due to him being a pre-placed blocker. The hardest part is avoiding infection, but once you figure out how the rest is easy. This level also returns to being an X-of-everything

Slow-Mo 6 - The Candy Lem can is the first level in the pack that is credited to Wafflem, Flopsy, and Lucia. This is probably the hardest X-of-everything level up to this point in the pack, although it's still not that bad as long as you know of various ways to get up and past various obstacles the level throws at you. I really love the design here, especially since the Candy tileset is one of my favorites to play levels in.

Slow-Mo 7 - The Fortress Somewhat difficult, but not that hard if you know how to hold back the crowd, which I feel is the hardest thing to figure out. I suspect it might be possible to solve without doing so, but why make your life harder? Once again, there are pre-placed blockers that you must go and free due to the save all requirement.

Slow-Mo 8 - Dial T-A for Tetris Attack! This was my favorite level of the entire rank to figure out and solve! :thumbsup: I especially love the various puzzles in different areas to figure out and the route the crowds must take. That was a very nice trick at the end of the level to catch a glider and make a splatform for the crowd. Don't let the huge maze confuse you here. It might look like a hard level to finish off the rank, but once you realize the path the crowds need to take, then it's not so bad at all. Same thing with the skillset, as it might seem like you have plenty of tools available, but they will run out very fast. Above all, a very nicely designed level! :) Tetris also happens to be one of my favorite games growing up.

Speedy Rank Feedback

Slightly harder levels here, although still nothing I couldn't handle.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dashing Rank Feedback

Even harder levels here, but honestly I felt the really good stuff starts here! :)

Again, I'm enjoying this pack a lot, and I look forward to the future challenges that await within. I'm currently halfway through the Lightspeed rank, but I think I will post again my replays and feedback once I get through the rest of the pack instead of post after I finish the Lightspeed rank. The pack just gets better and better the further I get :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I have solved all of the Lightspeed and Supersonic ranks, so I'm back with more replays and feedback :) I attached two replays of Lightspeed 5, one where I saved the requirement, while the other one is my latest success due to having replayed the level twice due to the unfortunate event of not having two original recordings of me solving the level :(

Lightspeed Rank Feedback

Even harder levels here, with solving times having pretty much slowed to either 1 or 2 levels per video. Still, I quite enjoyed some of the levels in this rank

Supersonic Rank Feedback

This rank features some of the hardest levels in the entire pack, although despite really struggling a lot with these levels they didn't take me as long as I thought they would :P

Overall, an excellent sequel collab pack by Wafflem and Flopsy that I absolutely recommend playing through. I really enjoyed myself a lot playing through and solving this pack. I really loved all the custom tilesets/backgrounds, something which I welcome with open arms anytime, especially since they add a lot of variety, diversity, and even can bring life to the levels. Of course, I don't recommend this pack if difficult levels aren't your thing, as it gets quite difficult quite early on. A lot of the levels in the final two ranks here are very hard, especially the Supersonic rank. Still, if you're feeling up to the challenge, definitely give this pack a go! I can't recommend this pack enough, as IMO it's a high quality pack with a lot of great puzzles. Once again, I must iterate that we here at the Forums miss you Wafflem and hope that you return at some point, sooner rather than later.

Thanks so much for this pack, gentlemen! :thumbsup: Go play this pack now! Or, at least give Flopsy's newly released GGF a go. I will get to it eventually, but it won't be for another few months or so. Like Flopsy, I look forward to getting on with that pack when I do! :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0