Author Topic: Adventures of Lomax in the Lemmingland (just Lomax in Europe)  (Read 2447 times)

Offline retski

• View Profile
Adventures of Lomax in the Lemmingland (just Lomax in Europe)
« on: February 05, 2019, 04:43:00 PM »
What are your thoughts on Adventures of Lomax in the Lemmingland and do you think whether it could make a comeback somehow? Do you see it as a reiteration of Flink in Lemmings´ world or as a separate game? If you know what I mean. You can see that these two games are stylistically very similar and people even called it a ´sequel´ for the Flink. I really loved the game but the ending was kind of dissapointing. :lemming: :lemming: :lemming:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Adventures of Lomax in the Lemmingland (just Lomax in Europe)
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 05:07:44 PM »
Didn't know Flink (link to Google Image Search), very nice, really cute art. Thanks for mentioning! I thought Rayman and Yoshi's Island were most similar to Lomax.

Please don't delete-thread-and-repost merely to bump your threads. It's perfectly fine to double-post. (We even encourage happy double-posting for new content over editing; editing is merely to fix mistakes.)

-- Simon

Offline Ryemanni

• Indeed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 08:32:50 PM »
I've yet to play Lomax, even though I really want to. Like Simon said, I've heard people draw the comparison to Rayman, which means I'm even more interested.

My main problem is that I'd like to play the game on real hardware first, but since a physical copy of Lomax is considered a rarity it goes for way too much on ebay for example. I'll keep waiting though, maybe I'll one day find a good deal with case, manual and everything.. :D

Since Lomax is an obscure spinoff of the Lemmings series, I don't think we're ever going to see a comeback. Maybe they will release Lomax on PSN, though even the chances of that happening feel pretty slim.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2019, 09:03:05 PM »
Moved this to Lemmings Main, as Lomax isn't a non-Lemmings game. :)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline retski

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2019, 09:21:07 PM »
I moved it from the main just because of the gameplay, I mean, I wasn´t exactly sure where to put it because gameplay has got nothing to do with original Lemmings but the whole theme of the game is of Lemmings, so yeah... :) :)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2019, 12:54:09 AM »
I moved it from the main just because of the gameplay, I mean, I wasn´t exactly sure where to put it because gameplay has got nothing to do with original Lemmings but the whole theme of the game is of Lemmings, so yeah... :) :)

My logic here is that the same could be said for Lemmings Paintball, yet topics about it go in the general Lemmings board.

It's not a big deal though, at any rate. We're not the kind of community that's going to punish you just for posting in the wrong board (especially when, as you say, it's slightly ambiguous which one is right); we'll simply move it to the right one.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)