NeoLemmix > NeoLemmix Levels

[NFNL] Insane Steve's World

(1/4) > >>

mobius:
Insane Steve's World

---UPDATED OCTOBER 10, 2021: version 3---

Insane Steve's World is a level pack of 150 levels for up to date NeoLemmix. These levels are all created by InsaneSteve and compiled from Custlem, old Lemmix, Cheapo and Lix, some dating back 10+ years. These levels were compiled by mobius and wafflem.
See us for questions about this pack.

I want to thank wafflem for working with me on this pack and doing a lot to make it possible. Also big thanks to all the testers.

wafflem; level updates/fixes, graphics, menu and title creation, backroute testing, music selection and level order.
Nessy, IchoTolot & joshescue: backroute testing, fixes and suggestions

Current version number is: 2 Jan 1, 2019

DOWNLOAD: see attachment:

MUSIC PACK: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mlygubngtfpi5vq/AABzGucJogEZvDCwHSawrzv7a?dl=1

INSTRUCTIONS
-extract "InsaneSteve'sWorld" into a folder called "Insane_Steve's_World" in your levels folder. *I zipped the individual files instead of the whole folder*
-Dump the music files into your music folder.

everything else should be included with NeoLemmix by default. If there are any problems please report them here.

Akseli:
Ohhoh. Time to get hyped yet again. You people did so good job with Clammings so I expect A LOT. It's lovely to see the legendary content of these old level makers for the modern engines these days! I'm very much fearing how much time playing this would consume from my schoolwork...

Proxima:
Comments and a few replays for the Peaceful rank:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)3 - Building Block Maze: This looks really great in the chosen tileset!
4 - The Binary Level: I don't remember ever having seen this one before.
11 - Get Down from There: Nice to see this included, since it got removed from the Lix set in the end.
17 - Bridge Out: Replay attached. This is out of place and should be in the next rank.
18 - Back With Ye!: This is a lengthy execution-difficulty level that is trivialised by NeoLemmix. I don't think it belongs.
22 - It's Hammer Time: Brute-forced by digging under the traps, saves 100%.
24 - Dangerous Plane: Another brute-force solution. Replay attached.
28 - Give a Little Bit of Help: Is the torture animation really necessary? Had a builder left over, replay attached.
29 - Another brute-force solution. Replay attached.
30 - The Shaft: I just sent everyone to the far left exit.

Proxima:
Comments and more replays for Difficult:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)2 - Infrastructure Budget Cut: Different from the Lix level of the same title, but still a neat puzzle.
3 - ?: This looked extremely daunting at first, but wasn't too hard.
4 - It's a Pipe Dream: My solution was extremely tight, but in retrospect, this is easily avoided by building the bottom bridge right-to-left.
5 - Exodus: A gentle introduction to "I am A.T."-style levels. As the step is so small, you don't have to time the climbers very precisely.
7 - The Pit: Not sure whether this was intended. Then again, what else can you do?
8 - Preventative Maintenance: The trap to the right of the hatch doesn't hurt the lemmings as its trigger area is above the floor. Intended?
12 - Beat the Clock: This is extremely demanding as the time limit is so tight.
13 - Flugtag: A complete joke after the previous level, especially as Infrastructure Budget Cut already used the same trick.
14 - NO MAS!: Neat introduction to the "One Step Off" trick, which will appear later in the rank.
15 - The Lobby: Flugtag trick again. Having too many of these makes the trick very easy to spot.
17 - Triple Threat: What's the point of the time limit? The most obvious solution finishes well within time.
18 - The Perch: The staircase trick is neat, but it's exhausting to have to do the same thing so many times.
20 - Wood Puzzle: Much easier than some earlier levels.
21 - Another Beast of a level: I had to come up with containment tricks using the bomber and blocker, as there are only just enough bashers and diggers for the staircase.
23/24 - Twin Paradox: "One Step Off" strikes again. It feels okay to have these levels placed here, given the trick was shown earlier. However, I'm not happy that the gap is large enough to require bridge-stretching, and in Part 1 where the builder needs to turn, this is only just possible by one pixel.
26 - Need a Boost: This time I had to squeeze every possible vertical pixel out of the skills given. The Lix version isn't anywhere near this tight.
29 - Time is of the Essence: Brute-force solution saves 100%.

Proxima:
A couple of minor points:

D19 The Nifty Fifty has the author set to "InsaneSteve" with no space.
M4 Level F. Random Terrain Pieces, now that NL allows titles up to 40 characters, "Featuring" could be written in full.
C8 Obevat Yriy should presumably be Obevat Yriry to match the writing on the level.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)It's rot13 for "boring level".C20 Phone Call from Outer Spac, is the missing "e" deliberate or a typo?
H15 Crown Jewel Heist is credited to "I.S. / geoo", H20 Empty space is hardly a waste to "ISteve and geoo". geoo is okay with including these levels (I asked in chat), but the credits should be written the same way (probably the first way, for consistency with Lix).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version