Author Topic: Lemmings 2 SNES solutions by LmigC  (Read 3230 times)

Offline LmigC

• View Profile
Lemmings 2 SNES solutions by LmigC
« on: September 04, 2018, 03:48:05 AM »
Lemmings 2 Polar "Snowed In" Lose 1

1-Throw 2 Ball to the left wall of the left starting area, so there is an 1-wide crevice. Floor with a Platform.
2-Get an explorer from the left area to the forest (Magno Boots, Jump) and Fence through it.
3-Jump an explorer past the right starting area, and at the floating piece Platform left, Jump before blocking.
4-Explode at the left hold, Fence the wall at the right hold.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 08:44:38 PM by Simon »

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Lemmings 2 Polar "Snowed In" 1 Loss.
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2018, 08:44:42 AM »
All Lemmings 2 levels (at least on the DOS version) have been proven possible to save every lemming on. Classic 5 was the last one that remained unsolved, but it was 100%ed in May 2016.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lemmings 2 Polar "Snowed In" 1 Loss.
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2018, 10:25:53 AM »
It's still nontrivial to get lose-1. Nice solution, and welcome to the forums!

-- Simon

Offline LmigC

• View Profile
Lemmings 2 Classic "So Close But So Far Away" 0 Loss (GLITCHLESS)
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2018, 08:19:29 PM »
1-Move an explorer to under the right of the left Metal hook, Build 2 ladders. Build a 3rd ladder at the left edge of the top step.
2-Block at the right of the top step, foot on edge, move another explorer to Build at the right edge of the 2nd ladder top.
3-Turning around, build at the 2nd topmost step, Build left, Mine, Bash, Mine, Dig at the column left, Build to turn around, and left.
4-Bash the group out. Last lemming must Dig after being turned right, two scoops, Build.
5-Blocker must use inmediate Build. Build to turn around down shaft.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 02:24:00 AM by LmigC »

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
Re: Lemmings 2 Polar "Snowed In" Lose 1
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2018, 09:28:02 PM »
I've merged the recently made Lemmings 2 topics, I feel this would be better under one topic as they are similar discussions.

Feel free to modify the topic name if my name is not suitable :P

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
Re: Lemmings 2 Classic "So Close But So Far Away" 0 Loss (GLITCHLESS)
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2018, 10:35:56 AM »
1-Move an explorer to under the right of the left Metal hook, Build 2 ladders. Build a 3rd ladder at the left edge of the top step.
2-Block at the right of the top step, foot on edge, move another explorer to Build at the right edge of the 2nd ladder top.
3-Turning around, build at the 2nd topmost step, Build left, Mine, Bash, Mine, Dig at the column left, Build to turn around, and left.
4-Bash the group out. Last lemming must Dig after being turned right, two scoops, Build.

Which version (eg. DOS, Amiga, SNES, etc.) of the game are you using for above solution?  TLE reports only 2 bashers, 1 miner and 1 digger available, which doesn't match your solution above, but it was also for Amiga version of level.  Don't remember if DOS version have same or not.

Offline LmigC

• View Profile
Re: Lemmings 2 Classic "So Close But So Far Away" 0 Loss (GLITCHLESS)
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2018, 08:11:50 PM »

Which version (eg. DOS, Amiga, SNES, etc.) of the game are you using for above solution?  TLE reports only 2 bashers, 1 miner and 1 digger available, which doesn't match your solution above, but it was also for Amiga version of level.  Don't remember if DOS version have same or not.

SNES version.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
Re: Lemmings 2 SNES solutions by LmigC
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2018, 01:07:11 AM »
That makes sense, the SNES version has many levels changed quite a bit from the earlier versions seen in Amiga and DOS, often making them easier on SNES due to extra skills, removal of obstacles/traps/contraptions, and so forth.

At the moment the forum doesn't have any records maintained for max saved for SNES Lemmings 2 levels, though if losing no lemmings on any levels can be managed (albeit sometimes requiring glitches) on DOS Lemmings 2, I wouldn't be surprised if the same can likely be done for most if not all levels on SNES version, probably easier in some cases or not requiring glitches.

Anyway, good job and thanks for reporting and clarifying. :thumbsup: