Author Topic: Drawful [forum]  (Read 22841 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Drawful [forum]
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2018, 10:49:17 PM »
Any chance that this can be wrapped up sometime over this weekend?  If nothing else I just want to know who drew what and what they were supposed to draw.

What do people feel about the overall pacing of this game?

I think it's good. It can be a back-of-the-mind thing, that you do your involvement when you feel bored or whatever, and you have enough time that you'll get it done.

In terms of forum game inactivity overall, having one going at a time does limit that somewhat, but rather than speed one up, maybe it's a good idea to get others going again? We're limited to one Quizmaster game unless we create other Quizmaster accounts (which, to be fair, would be very easy to do, although could get a bit messy to keep track of and there's always a risk of sending things to the wrong Quizmaster accidentally - could perhaps be averted by specifically naming the Quizmaster accounts after the respective games), but a lot of the games don't need a quizmaster.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2018, 04:30:22 AM »
What do people feel about the overall pacing of this game?

Rounds 0, 1, 2 took 5-7 days each, that was good. Round 3 is taking too long and should be scored soon.

-- Simon

Offline Quizmaster

• We have asked 100 people...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2018, 03:03:36 PM »
The Drawful game has ended! Thanks to everyone for playing!

Note: I sent two PMs to people who have skipped questions, but as the game has gone on long I decided instead not to wait and just end the game, sorry

6 people voted in round 3:

Picture 1 was drawn by raymanni and his word was bagpipes.

votes:
bagpipe quartet; ccx, Simon, SQRon, Nessy (1 point)
four bagpipes; 607, Akseli (0.5)

Bagpipes' are not actually plural (necessarily). A single instrument is referred to as 'bagpipes'
They also didn't exactly originate in Ireland like most people think https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bagpipes

picture 2 was drawn by Nessy, his phrase was 'the cake is a lie'

votes:
the cake is a lie: Simon, Akseli, Nessy (1)
Portal; ccx, SQRon (0.7)
not a piece of cake: 607 (0.3)

picture 3 was drawn by SQRon, his phrase was 'Chocolate Rain' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwTZ2xpQwpA

votes:
Markiplier  ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnuBxD1vYe0 ) 607, Nessy (1)
singer; ccx (0.5)
DJ Butthead; Simon (0.5)
chocolate rain; Akseli (0.5)

Raymanni: "those teeth are very scary"

picture 4 was drawn by geoo, his word was 'Frankenstein'

votes:
Frankenstein: ccx, SQRon, Nessy (1)
Frankenstein's Monster: Simon, Akseli (0.7)
autopsy: 607 (0.3)

case wasn't important and I didn't consider misspellings as separate answers.
I did however consider 'Frankenstein' to be different from 'Frankenstein's Monster', not sure if that's a good idea
Technically 'Frankenstein' was the name of the scientist, not his monster as most people today think that haven't read the book or the original movies. But most people lump them together and call the monster 'Frankenstein'
But people in this game seemed to consider them two separate things

picture 5 was drawn by mobius, his phrase was 'space station'
(mobius was Quizmaster during this game so he did not participate in the other 2 rounds)

votes:
space station; ccx, SQRon (1)
satellite; Simon, Nessy (1)
sausage on spit; 607 (0.5)
they see me rollin'; Akseli (0.5)

picture 6 was drawn by 607, his phrase was 'sphinx'

votes:
sphinx: ccx, Simon, SQRon, Nessy (1)
Egypt: 607 (0.25)
the sphinx from UCH; Akseli (0.25)

picture 7 was drawn by namida, his phrase was 'teleporter/teleportation'

votes:
teleporter: ccx, Simon, Akseli, Nessy (1)
continuity: 607, SQRon (0.5)

picture 8 was drawn by Akseli, his phrase was 'wurst'

votes:
wurst: ccx, SQRon, 607, Akseli (1)
sausage: Simon, Nessy (0.5)

picture 9 was drawn by Simon, his phrase was 'zombie'

votes:
zombie: ccx, Simon, SQRon (1)
night: 607 (0.3)
dancing on someone's grave: Akseli (0.3)
The night of the living dead: Nessy (0.3)

"this one's very well drawn!" -SQRon

score:
1. Nessy (7.5)
2. ccx (7.17)
3. Simon (6.67)
4. SQRon,  (6.17)
5. Akseli (5.42)
6. 607 (4.42)

Akseli also attempted to guess the correct phrases:
1. bagpipes
2. lie
3. chocolate rain
4. Frankenstein
5. space station
6. sphinx
7. teleporter
8. [my own picture]
9. zombie

he got 7 out of 9 correct! :thumbsup:

if someone else would like to host a game using the quizmaster account PM the quizmaster.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2018, 03:36:47 PM »
"this one's very well drawn!" -SQRon

Thanks!

Funny drawings by everybody. Thanks for hosting.

It was tricky to vote because several clearly wrong answers felt snappy too. Looking forward to the next round, where, in round 3, we won't vote for popularity, but guess the round-1 phrase.

-- Simon

Offline 607

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2018, 05:41:13 PM »
It was tricky to vote because several clearly wrong answers felt snappy too. Looking forward to the next round, where, in round 3, we won't vote for popularity, but guess the round-1 phrase.

-- Simon
I wonder how that'll work. These phrases were too easy for that. Unless people deliberately try to make their picture hard to guess.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2018, 10:52:36 PM »
It looks like QuizMaster forgot to include #9 in the scores.  This changes the ranking between ccx and Nessy but leave everyone else same rank:

ccx:  8.17 (1 + 0.67 + 0.5 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1)
Nessy: 7.83 (1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + .5 + .33)
Simon: 7.67 (1 + 1 + 0.5 + 0.67 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 0.5 + 1)
SQRon: 7.17 (1 + 0.67 + (0) + 1 + 1 + 1 + 0.5 + 1 + 1)
Akseli: 5.75 (0.5 + 1 + 0.5 + 0.67 + 0.5 + 0.25 + 1 + 1 + 0.33)
607: 4.75 (0.5 + 0.33 + 1 + 0.33 + 0.5 + 0.25 + 0.5 + 1 + 0.33)

To be fair, Nessy's "Night of the Living Dead" answer is quite reasonable for #9, not really deserving of losing 0.67 out of 1 point for that.  Feud scoring can be a female dog sometimes, especially with such similar answers.  For example I actually nominated "the cake is a lie" for #2, but still guessed "Portal" instead for round 3 because I wasn't sure if people would pick the more specific answer or not.  I'm surprised that the actual answer is the phrase and not merely "Portal".

There were way more care put into some of the pictures than I expected.  For example if it were me, I would've just copy-paste the one bagpipes into N copies (and stopped at 2) rather than actually drawing 4 of them out.  Mobius even bothered to do pixels of stars in the background of his picture (though to be fair, it's a decent way to convey "space").  On that note, I love how two of the nominated answers "sausage on spit" and "they see me rollin'" were so far off from the actual answer but still fits the picture quite well.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2018, 11:10:31 PM »
I wonder how that'll work. These phrases were too easy for that. Unless people deliberately try to make their picture hard to guess.

This game reminds me of a TV variant I've seen somewhere sometime ago, either on an afternoon or late night talk show, or maybe even some sort of primetime variety game show in the summer or something.  Anyway, in the particular TV version I remember seeing, the answers were always movie titles, but the drawers only have 10 seconds(!) to draw their pictures (this is with markers and paper), then the host and audience try to guess the movie from the picture.  Obviously with only 10 seconds, sometimes the drawing can be hilariously off, though it's also amazing how sometimes someone in the audience still manage to guess correctly.

Anyway, I think proper nouns in general will likely make for harder pictures to draw, as do multi-word phrases, so that's something to consider if we're worried about the phrases too easy.  I'll leave it up to the next host whether to consider narrowing the answers to a particular category like movies versus completely open like this round.

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2018, 11:19:40 PM »
I wonder who the host was just out of interest.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2018, 11:22:21 PM »
It was mobius:

picture 5 was drawn by mobius, his phrase was 'space station'
(mobius was Quizmaster during this game so he did not participate in the other 2 rounds)