Author Topic: Welcome to NeoLemmix!  (Read 6792 times)

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
Welcome to NeoLemmix!
« on: January 03, 2018, 06:13:46 PM »
:8(): Welcome to NeoLemmix! :8():

NeoLemmix is a clone of the game Lemmings by DMA, that greatly enhances the playing experience:
- New skills like the platformer, glider or fencer
- New interactive objects like teleporters, pick-up skills and locked exits
- Dozens of new graphic styles that carry you off into the deep sea, a world of horrors or even a beehive...
- Features that will help you place your skills correctly like blueprints for builders or miners, or that help you rectifying mistakes like replaying the previous attempt or backwards time skips
- ...and a level editor that allows you to create your own challenges!

Where can I get NeoLemmix?
Just download the attached installer, make sure you have a working internet connection and run it. It will download and install NeoLemmix. You should download at least the game, the styles, and at least one level pack. Alternatively you can always find the up-to-date version on the NeoLemmix homepage.

Note that the list of level packs provided by the installer is not a complete list of all available level packs. You can find others on the forums.

NeoLemmix doesn't work for me! What can I do?
Either post your problem here on the Lemmings forums or visit the IRC channel #neolemmix.
Note that NeoLemmix is currently only available for Windows, but not for Linux or Mac.

What levels should I play first?
We have lot of high-quality level packs here, starting from very moderate difficulty to incredibly insane ones.
If you are a fan of the original levels, then check out Lemmings Redux, which is a best-of selection among the official levels. (This pack is included alongside newer versions of NeoLemmix.)
If you want to start on custom levels, we can recommend IchoTolot's Lemmings Reunion, which has a very nice difficulty curve.

I have made new levels or a new graphic style. How can I make them accessible to the public?
We all love to see your content! Feel free to post your levels in our Level Packs board, and your graphic styles in our NeoLemmix Graphic Sets board.

I would like to chat about NeoLemmix, Lemmings in general or any other topic...
Then visit our IRC channel #neolemmix. Usually it's most active around 7pm to 3am UTC (i.e. afternoon in the US and around midnight in Europe). There is also the channel #lix, for those who want to discuss Simon's competitor for NeoLemmix ;)

I would like to contribute to the NeoLemmix code! How can I do so?
All parts of NeoLemmix are open-source. The following links point to their git repositories:
1) Player code (written in Delphi)
2) Editor code (written in C#)
3) Installer code (written in Delphi 10.3)

Deprecated tools
4) Pack Toolkit Code (written in C#)
5) Graphic Style Tool Code (written in C#)

EDIT by namida, 2019-08-17: Replaced Nepster's installer with a new, open-source one.
EDIT by namida, 2020-02-16: Uploaded installer V1.1.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 09:30:29 PM by namida »