Author Topic: Flexi Toolkit for NeoLemmix 1.43  (Read 1937 times)

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
Flexi Toolkit for NeoLemmix 1.43
« on: December 28, 2017, 10:34:25 PM »
In order to compile my levels for my Lemmicks (gimmicks-based) pack to an nxp which the old player can read, apparently I also need the old Flexi Toolkit for NeoLemmix 1.43. If I try it with my current one, it tells me my pack file was not a valid one :( .

So, anyone here who still got it somewhere? ;)

And if not, which of the old versions is the one which works with 1.43 (since there isn't a version explicitly for 1.43)?
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline Strato Incendus

• View Profile
Re: Flexi Toolkit for NeoLemmix 1.43
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 12:33:44 AM »
Nevermind, I tried it with the very oldest version available (V1.17) and it worked!

With that out of the way, I think I'll be able to upload a demo release soon. Not all ranks have been completed yet, but it should be enough to get a good idea of the bigger picture.
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 01:32:06 AM »
V1.17 is indeed the one made for NeoLemmix V1.43.

Until V1.47 of NeoLemmix, the associated tools (except the editor) had their own independent version numbering, unrelated to NeoLemmix's. This is why they don't match up in this case. From 1.47 onwards, the version numbering is the same across all tools. (IE: player 1.47, editor 1.47 and flexi 1.47 all match up to each other)

With that being said, once again: The intent of old versions being available is in case they're needed for playing or upgrading older content. New content really should not be created for old versions; all new content should either target the current stable version (10.13.18) or upcoming versions (11.xx.xx); preferably the stable one, unless some feature from the upcoming version is critical to the pack.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 10:01:42 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Strato Incendus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2017, 01:44:32 AM »
Thanks for the clarification! ;)
My packs so far: