Author Topic: [NeoLemmix] [In Development] Lemmings Destination  (Read 571 times)

Offline Nessy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
[NeoLemmix] [In Development] Lemmings Destination
« on: November 13, 2017, 04:23:38 am »
Almost two centuries later and "The "Great Lemming Migration"...
...is nothing more than a mere, inaccurate myth only a handful remember.

Hello!

My creative spark has come back and it's time to make some new levels :)

I'm aiming to make this pack larger than my previous pack (aiming for a 80-120 level mark), so I have decided to make an "In Development" thread to track my progress.

I have also decided to make this pack a bit on the easy side overall, or at least with a more gentle difficulty curve than Migration :P

Difficulties

Helium

Lemming Rig

Neon

Crossover

Argon

Hikers

Xenon

Blue Wedding

Radon

Sanctum

Synthetic (Bonus)

The Ominous Plane

Because a bonus rank is always the best rank :P. Made in a lab and unable to occur in nature, these levels are for fun and don't belong in the main pack.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 03:46:43 am by Nessy »

Offline Nessy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: [NeoLemmix] [In Development] <Nessy's 2nd Level Pack>
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 12:51:32 am »
Unfortunately I still don't have a name for this pack but I'm going to unlock this thread anyway and start development on it for real this time.

Also made a new level today:

Offline GigaLem

• Discord Server Owner
  • Graphic Set Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 02:06:09 am »
Since your last pack was called "Migration" how about "Destination"

Offline Nessy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2017, 02:10:53 am »
Since your last pack was called "Migration" how about "Destination"

I like that! Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 03:34:49 am by Nessy »

Offline Nessy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: [NeoLemmix] [In Development] Lemmings Destination
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2018, 04:26:16 am »
It has been a long while, but I managed to get up to around 20 levels :thumbsup:

I'm also trying to make this pack so that it's on the easier side, or at least have a more gentle difficulty curve than my last pack :P It will, of course, get really challenging in the last rank, because it's the final rank after all!

Finally, I made a level based off of one of Colorful Arty's rejected levels for the bonus rank.

Before

After

I basically took the little terrain combination with the green and purple piece on the bottom right and ran with that idea for the level. I'm still working on the solution, but I'm happy with the terrain so far :)

Offline GigaLem

• Discord Server Owner
  • Graphic Set Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2018, 05:24:36 am »
Nice to see more progress from you, as well as see more progress.
I also like seeing the the first post update, giving us previews of brand new levels.
And I'm glad you're making use of more graphic sets.

I look forward to more progress. :thumbsup:

Offline Nessy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2018, 07:03:18 pm »
Another update!

I have reached the 40 level mark (42 levels as of now) and have decided to celebrate by making a video of me creating another level for this pack :) I'm not concerned with solution spoilers because whatever solution you see on video is not complete and will probably change a lot due to backroute fixes.

I have also decided to make a list of all graphic sets that I am currently using. Unlike my first pack which was a bit more traditional, I want to kind of expand a little bit and use a lot more graphic sets. Even if a graphic set is used once it's still enough to give a bit more variety:

Graphic Sets (click to show/hide)

I also want to start testing out SOME levels. Not the whole pack, but mostly levels that I am more sure have backroutes. This is a mistake I made in my first pack where a lot of levels were kind of broken and I want to make sure that at least a good chunk of the major unintended stuff is out on the first go.

I might even release a tiny demo just for fun, but I am still unsure about this.