Author Topic: [NeoLemmix] [In Development] Lemmings Destination (8 Level Demo Released!)  (Read 1359 times)

Offline Nessy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
An 8 level demo is now available! Download below!

Hello!

My creative spark has come back and it's time to make some new levels :)

I'm aiming to make this pack larger than my previous pack (aiming for a 80-120 level mark), so I have decided to make an "In Development" thread to track my progress.

I have also decided to make this pack a bit on the easy side overall, or at least with a more gentle difficulty curve than Migration :P

Difficulties

Helium

Lemming Rig

These levels are nice and light, and you may simply float through them. Don't get too comfortable though, as these levels aren't complete pushovers! You'll come across some X-of-everything levels and your first simple puzzles with limited skills.

Neon

Crossover

Now the neon glow of menacing difficulty will begin... but that's too dramatic for these levels are some more simple puzzles with limited skills, but solutions require a little bit more thinking now.

Argon

Hikers

Things start getting heavier now. The levels start becoming a bit more complex and solutions will challenge your ideals and beliefs... or just your solving skills really.

Xenon

Blue Wedding

Here we are at the odd child of the five ranks. It'll confuse you and start warming you up for the final stretch.

Radon

City Escape

Levels are now just radioactive, and a huge health risk to anyone unprepared. You've come too far now, can you really turn back? Levels may have a larger skillset but they're all complex and require some creativity in how you use your skills and how you approach even the simplest of strategies.

Synthetic (Bonus)

The Ominous Plane

Because a bonus rank is always the best rank :P. Made in a lab and unable to occur in nature, these levels are for fun and don't belong in the main pack.

Fallout

These levels didn't make it, but who knows maybe someone else will like them and give them the love and care they need :)

« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 06:57:56 pm by Nessy »

Offline Nessy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: [NeoLemmix] [In Development] <Nessy's 2nd Level Pack>
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 12:51:32 am »
Unfortunately I still don't have a name for this pack but I'm going to unlock this thread anyway and start development on it for real this time.

Also made a new level today:

Offline GigaLem

• Discord Server Owner
  • Graphic Set Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 02:06:09 am »
Since your last pack was called "Migration" how about "Destination"

Offline Nessy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2017, 02:10:53 am »
Since your last pack was called "Migration" how about "Destination"

I like that! Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 03:34:49 am by Nessy »

Offline Nessy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: [NeoLemmix] [In Development] Lemmings Destination
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2018, 04:26:16 am »
It has been a long while, but I managed to get up to around 20 levels :thumbsup:

I'm also trying to make this pack so that it's on the easier side, or at least have a more gentle difficulty curve than my last pack :P It will, of course, get really challenging in the last rank, because it's the final rank after all!

Finally, I made a level based off of one of Colorful Arty's rejected levels for the bonus rank.

Before

After

I basically took the little terrain combination with the green and purple piece on the bottom right and ran with that idea for the level. I'm still working on the solution, but I'm happy with the terrain so far :)

Offline GigaLem

• Discord Server Owner
  • Graphic Set Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2018, 05:24:36 am »
Nice to see more progress from you, as well as see more progress.
I also like seeing the the first post update, giving us previews of brand new levels.
And I'm glad you're making use of more graphic sets.

I look forward to more progress. :thumbsup:

Offline Nessy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2018, 07:03:18 pm »
Another update!

I have reached the 40 level mark (42 levels as of now) and have decided to celebrate by making a video of me creating another level for this pack :) I'm not concerned with solution spoilers because whatever solution you see on video is not complete and will probably change a lot due to backroute fixes.

I have also decided to make a list of all graphic sets that I am currently using. Unlike my first pack which was a bit more traditional, I want to kind of expand a little bit and use a lot more graphic sets. Even if a graphic set is used once it's still enough to give a bit more variety:

Graphic Sets (click to show/hide)

I also want to start testing out SOME levels. Not the whole pack, but mostly levels that I am more sure have backroutes. This is a mistake I made in my first pack where a lot of levels were kind of broken and I want to make sure that at least a good chunk of the major unintended stuff is out on the first go.

I might even release a tiny demo just for fun, but I am still unsure about this.

Offline Nessy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2018, 12:52:54 am »
A little update just to show that this pack is still going strong :) :)

Chip Off The Old Prison

Step By Step

Offline Nessy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2018, 06:57:00 pm »
Lemmings Destination Demo (8 Levels)!

Well this is it! This month marks about 8 months that this pack has been in development, and I still have a long way to go before it's completed. However, why not show-off some highlights so far to get everyone excited? Sounds like a good idea!

To celebrate 8 months I have published a demo made up of 8 levels (8 months and 8 levels was completely unintended by the way :P) in the original post of this thread. Please feel free to give me any feedback on whatever comes to your mind while playing :)

Please keep in mind that level names and music may or may not change in the final release! Also don't forget to make sure you have the latest styles in order to play this demo properly.

Finally a BIG thank you to:
- Nepster for all the work he has done in maintaining NeoLemmix
- Flopsy and joshescue18 for pre-release testing
- Pieuw for giving me permission to use a track from PimoLems
- Everyone that made and/or converted the graphic sets present in this demo

Have Fun!

Offline Akseli

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: [NeoLemmix] [In Development] Lemmings Destination (8 Level Demo Released!)
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2018, 09:06:34 pm »
So, I just extemporaneously decided to try this demo this evening, usually I can wait for the full releases but in this case I guess I craved too much for some more of your levels as soon as possible. :XD: My solutions for 8 demo levels are attached to this post.

Are the levels in some kind of an order, like by difficulty, for example? Anyway, I'm glad to say that quality in Lemmings custom level designing is absolutely stellar these days thanks to people like you! :thumbsup: So many outstanding releases in the last few years, and in your case, Lemmings Destination is one of the most anticipated ones for me ever, given your already glorious debut with Migration and those eye-popping previews in the first post of this topic. Truly a wet dream for a custom level enthusiast like me!

Comments on the levels (contain spoilers):

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Nessy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: [NeoLemmix] [In Development] Lemmings Destination (8 Level Demo Released!)
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2018, 07:18:12 pm »
Thank you so much for playing Akseli and for the kind words! It really made my day :)

Comments (click to show/hide)