Author Topic: Lemmings Redux  (Read 14214 times)

Offline Turrican

• View Profile
Re: Lemmings Redux
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2019, 05:23:24 PM »
Also there is an 100% solution for the I am A.T. level that is relatively easy to achieve with the Neolemmix mechanisms. I think that would be a good idea for a talisman. Here how it works:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
My Youtube channel ( Turrican Lemm )  :
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYGFBOHdYITHlsqa203Tu8Q

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2019, 06:51:17 AM »
So I finally got round to watching SQron's replays. Very nice :thumbsup: Again there were some interesting solutions that were new to me, particularly on "Let's get together", "Down the tube", "Lemming about town" and "Scaling the Heights". You found the same backroute as joshescue on "Oh No! Squish", and two new backroutes, on "No world without you" and "Electric circuit" (fortunately these two will be very easy to fix).

So, a little bit of clean-up needs doing before I'm ready to move this to new-formats, but it should be coming soon now :thumbsup:

Offline SQron188

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2019, 10:32:33 AM »
So I finally got round to watching SQron's replays. Very nice :thumbsup: Again there were some interesting solutions that were new to me, particularly on "Let's get together", "Down the tube", "Lemming about town" and "Scaling the Heights". You found the same backroute as joshescue on "Oh No! Squish", and two new backroutes, on "No world without you" and "Electric circuit" (fortunately these two will be very easy to fix).

So, a little bit of clean-up needs doing before I'm ready to move this to new-formats, but it should be coming soon now :thumbsup:

Thanks! I can't recall whether the solution to "Let's get together" is mine, partly mine (continuing from a looked-up solution) or looked-up/some one else's solution - I was really curious about the solution to that level.
I have to admit I was really pleased with myself about that "No world without you" backroute, hah!

Offline Hypotenuse

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2020, 11:07:52 PM »
Is there something wrong with my computer? "Out, away from the tune" appears to be flat out impossible due to the physics of the engine. I know that in the genesis version, bombing at the top of the penultimate staircase would create a space to build through. However, in NeoLemmix, the subsequent builder is always unable to make it to the top, bumping his head on the less generous hitbox. I have tried this over and over, frame by frame using all the bells and whistles NeoLemmix leaves at my disposal, and absolutely no dice. I don't see any possible alternate solution. Am I insane?
I am the dude who pauses the level to hear the new level music. Also, backroutes are the best routes.

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2020, 11:13:43 PM »
It's not impossible.

Hint (click to show/hide)

Offline Hypotenuse

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2020, 11:19:49 PM »
Update: just had another gander at it and realized that I could preserve a basher on one of the lower levels of the structure, making it possible. Yep, I'm insane :))))
I am the dude who pauses the level to hear the new level music. Also, backroutes are the best routes.

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2020, 05:22:46 PM »
Just to clarify for everyone:

This topic is for Lemmings Redux in old-formats (v. 10) NeoLemmix. If you have new-formats (v. 12) then you should go to this topic.

(And if you don't have new-formats NeoLemmix, it is strongly recommended that you upgrade to the latest version. It has many more quality-of-life and graphical features and two new skills; and most recent level packs are for new-formats only. Some old-formats content can't be converted or hasn't been converted yet, so it's not a bad idea to keep an old-formats installation around, but the newest update should be your main NL installation where you spend most of your playing and editing time.)