Author Topic: [NeoLemmix] Lemmings Halloween 2017  (Read 13847 times)

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
Re: [NeoLemmix] Lemmings Halloween 2017
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2017, 07:55:36 PM »
and next error :lem-mindblown: -> Exception EPngError in module NeoLemmix.exe at 0026A6DA. Not a vaild PNG file.
minglw encountered this error, too. I already fixed this for the next player update, which I will hopefully be able to release tomorrow. Sorry about not being faster. :(

Offline Ryemanni

• Indeed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2017, 09:21:04 PM »
You also need to move the "ray_spooky" folder from the zip to the styles folder. Do the same with the content of the music and sound folders. :)

Offline joshescue18

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2017, 02:31:42 AM »
I solved them all.

Offline openmind

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2017, 03:53:19 AM »
I will have to wait for the Experimental Versions next version of the error fix.
or someone tell me how solve ways. :-[ (Nepster told me)

bcoz Experimental Versions can't run before install Halloween 2017.
- Error message (on Windows 10).
"Exception EPngError in module NeoLemmix.exe at 0026A6DA. Not a vaild PNG file."

I enjoy played Stable Versions V10.13.18

Stable Versions can runing , no problem , this version need *.nxp. (very simple and easy)
but other *.nxsv can't run without *.dat. (I don't know where is *.dat)

I think Halloween 2017 release *.nxp version better for beginner. :XD:

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2017, 03:26:09 PM »
Forgot to post my replay files from my LP Raymanni

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2020, 01:53:25 PM »
Hey Ryemanni, I've noticed that the download link for this pack in the OP is broken. Would you by any chance have a working download link for it? I would like to download and play this pack, as it looks nice and pretty cool. If not, no worries.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2020, 08:39:42 AM »
hey Ryemanni, yes your link is broken, It would be nice to have this pack availiable(if possible) since Halloween is approaching.

Online jkapp76

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2021, 10:44:21 PM »
I want to ask for a working link as well. Looks like a fun pack.
...Jeremy Kapp

Offline Ryemanni

• Indeed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2022, 12:46:20 PM »
Sorry about the broken link. :forehead: I don't really have plans to update this pack to the new format (at least yet), but the least I can do for now is to upload the original files here again. You can play these in v12.03.01.
(Check OP for the new link!)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 04:56:44 PM by Ryemanni »

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2022, 04:09:53 PM »
Hi Ryemanni,

Thanks so much for finally reposting a working download link for the level pack :thumbsup: I myself have been wanting to play this pack, as I believe some others as well but we couldn't because the download link the OP is broken. However, I just remembered that Flopsy provided me a working download from almost 2 years ago, so technically I could had played it from a while back, but I still haven't :XD: Thus, I'm sure the others who wanted to download the pack are grateful for a working link now :) I also don't have to worry about whether or not if I could publicly LP the pack anymore while there was a broken download link :laugh:

You might want to replace the broken link in the OP and update it with the new one, as it's usually customary to put the pack download there for convenience and anyone who wants to download it can find it in an easy to access place instead of needing to search around the thread for it because it's buried somewhere among the multiple posts.

Also, I would like to give some advice on how to zip up the files so that it makes installation of your pack easy in case there are some users who aren't sure how to get the pack into NL. Here, I would advise taking the music, styles, and sound folders out of the Lemmings_Halloween_2017 pack and putting them on the same level as the aforementioned folder, i.e, when the zip is downloaded and opened, the user would see 4 folders right away. Everything else can be left in the Lemmings_Halloween_2017 folder. In addition, I would make a folder called "levels" in the same place where the other 3 folders are, and put the Lemmings_Halloween_2017 inside the "levels" folder. In this way, all the user has to do is simply extract all of the folders to his or her NL directory, and everything will just fall into place. Viola, the user will now see the pack in NL when the player is launched.

In any case, I'm just posting to confirm that everything loads correctly in v12.12.4. The only thing is that there was a pop-up saying that the style ray_spooky predates v12.7, but all one needs to do is open the style manager and download the style and then all the levels will load up fine.

Thank you again, and now I have this pack that I need to playthrough. I think I will also LP it, so when I do I will provide you the link to it. Yea, I know it's not anywhere near Halloween anymore, but who says the pack needs to be played around that time :P I'm still going to be playing some holiday packs around this time as well. I'm not sure when I'll be able to get to this pack, though. There's so many other level packs that I need to play through. So many packs, so little time :(

Finally, welcome back to the Forums after a long absence :)   
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed

Offline Ryemanni

• Indeed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2022, 04:35:46 PM »
Thank you. I replaced the working link in the op.
It's been a long time since I used neolemmix, so I wasn't sure how easy it would be to convert old levels into the new format. Turns out it's very simple, so I'll replace the link in the op once again with your recommended fixes in mind. :thumbsup:

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2022, 09:41:29 AM »
Hi Ryemanni,

Pack solved. My replays are attached and some feedback. Also, you're already aware of it, but I'm going to provide the link to my LP of the pack as well in case anyone else wants to watch it: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbp2m4KlFpJvWoQMjXr405bTqxXQco37s. Enjoy! :P

General Feedback

Lemmings Halloween 2017 is Ryemanni's second pack, after Raylems, the latter of which is currently only for Old Formats NL. Perhaps I can ask him if he has plans to convert that over to New Formats, as I remember it being a great pack when I played it years ago and if not, perhaps I can get his blessing to do it myself. I especially was amazed by his tileset creations used for that pack! :thumbsup:

As indicated by the name, Lemmings Halloween 2017 is a Halloween themed pack which uses a new tileset called spooky. Other than the spooky tileset, there are two other styles used for the pack, Fire from L1 and Gronkling's Menacing tileset. I had been wanting to play through this pack for quite a while, but the problem was that the download link was dead for a very long time by the time I did come around to expressing my interest in doing so. Ryemanni finally returned to the Forums after a very long absence at the beginning of this year and has restored a working download link for the pack. Thanks again for that, and it's wonderful having you back! :thumbsup: Also it's been wonderful getting to know you better on Discord :)

In my experiences, I was taken by complete surprise by how difficult the pack already starts from the get-go with the first level. It remains difficult for the entire pack, with probably only 3 breather levels out of the 20 total. It was clear to me after just the first two levels that the pack will not be a cakewalk in any way. However, as I have told Ryemanni that challenging/hard levels are absolutely my favorite type of levels in Lemmings, I really enjoyed this pack a lot. The puzzles in here are great and do not disappoint in any way, other than the ones that are a bit too heavy on the precision/fiddliness for my liking. After finishing the pack, this level pack for sure earns a spot on my list of favorite packs of all time, meaning I can definitely and highly recommend this pack for others to play, with the understanding and warning that it's not an easy pack by any means :thumbsup: As such, I 100% classify the difficulty of the pack as Medium-Hard for anyone who's interested in what the difficulty of the pack is. It might even go to Very Hard, but I think the pack as a whole the difficulty averages out to be about Hard at the highest.

Trick or Treat Rank Feedback

Despite being a 20 level pack of just one rank, it's not an easy pack in any way as I've already mentioned.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Once again, overall an excellent pack that I can recommend! Thank you for this, Ryemanni :) I had a lot of fun figuring these challenging levels out! :thumbsup: