Author Topic: [NeoLemmix] Cat trap  (Read 3604 times)

Offline nin10doadict

• Guy who constantly misses the obvious
    • View Profile
[NeoLemmix] Cat trap
« on: October 07, 2017, 11:27:31 PM »
Not a full tileset per se, but rather a single object: A cute kitty that will slice and dice a Lemming that comes near.
The set also contains the BitPolar tiles I used in my fanart level in Casualemmings because I just decided to put those pieces in the same tileset instead of making a new one.

I've had a few requests to make this object available, so enjoy! I did turn down the volume of the cat slightly.

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
Re: [NeoLemmix] Cat trap
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2019, 03:00:16 PM »
So, I guess it's a good thing that I used almost every tileset in Lemmings World Tour, because this way, everytime I try to convert the pack, that's a great way to find out which pieces haven't been converted yet. :D

Did you create a conversion of the cat trap for New Formats in the meantime, nin10doadict? ;) I know that your packs (CasuaLemmings and Lemmings Squared) haven't been converted yet, so I'm not sure whether the cat trap is.

I think you put it into one graphic set together with your "fan art" terrain pieces, so all it would take is a conversion of that graphic set, which only consists of a couple of pieces, by dragging it onto the graphic set conversion tool, possibly given names to the pieces and, if so, adjusting the translation table to find those renamed pieces.
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2019, 08:01:01 AM »
Pics please! Cat on the internet without pictures is not valid internet.

-- Simon

Offline Strato Incendus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2019, 08:30:39 PM »
Okay, no problem, I've just quickly done the conversion myself. Thankfully, nin10doadict already gave proper names to all the pieces in the Old Formats version. :thumbsup:

That's what I meant by "it's more helpful if some hasn't done a conversion of their graphic set at all yet", rather than someone who did convert their graphic set, but then made changes to it that aren't taken care of by the translation table, so that people have to do manual editing of said translation table.

Then again, even if I had had to do this for this style, it just consists of a couple of pieces anyway, so I would have been fine with both 8-)
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict

Offline nin10doadict

• Guy who constantly misses the obvious
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2019, 09:57:12 PM »
Yeah there's a bunch of stuff I haven't done yet... I actually converted this stuff a while ago but haven't made it available yet.
I also have to tweak the objects I've made to add new idle animations and the like. I've had a lot of stuff on my plate for a while so this has been rather low priority for me.

Offline Strato Incendus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2019, 09:40:42 AM »
No worries! ;) I just wanted to make sure that conversion of levels featuring your cat trap becomes possible in the first place.

Now that this can be done, once you have a level featuring the cat trap in New Formats, it should be easy to simply replace that object with one featuring idle animations, whenever you finish that. Personally, I don't really care too much about secondary animations (yet, maybe once I see them in action, this might convince me to think otherwise). So I certainly won't be the one to push anyone to hurry up with this... :D
My packs so far: