Author Topic: Add unique L2 Classic tiles to Pillar set [SUGGESTION] [CONTENT]  (Read 3652 times)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
There are some tiles in the L2 Classic tribe that are not part of the L1 Pillar set, such as some unique wood pieces and steel pieces. As such, these should be officially added to the Pillar tileset before the next NeoLemmix update comes out.

Included in the ZIP are all the pieces that are part of the L2 Classic set. classic_17.png, classic_40.png, classic_42.png, classic_45.png, classic_47.png - classic_64.png and some others I may have missed are the unique pieces. I found these from Geoff's Lemmins.
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
Re: Add unique L2 Classic tiles to Pillar set [SUGGESTION] [CONTENT]
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 04:04:40 AM »
I'm all for this, There are extra pieces that can go well with this graphic set

Offline Ryemanni

• Indeed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2017, 09:41:14 AM »
I agree. Just because the classic tribe tileset looks like the L1 one doesn't mean it shouldn't be included.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2017, 09:47:00 AM »
I agree. Just because the classic tribe tileset looks like the L1 one doesn't mean it shouldn't be included.

There's no reason to include it as a seperate set; but Wafflem's original point makes sense - if it has unique pieces, why not include them in NeoLemmix's pillar set?
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2017, 09:51:49 AM »
After looking at them, only 17 really appears to be worth including. 47 appears glitched, so we should probably try to recover the original graphic from L2 (unless that's actually how it is, in particular, the hole in it with a blue pixel in the middle), and the rest are just duplicates or very-slightly-different-size versions of normal pieces.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Online Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2017, 11:27:42 AM »
The wood in DOS L2 has holes with blue pixels, too. Looks strange. DMA's 10 Classic levels don't use this wood. Change or keep the blue?

I've always felt L2 Classic should be a separate NL set. The tiles have powers of 2 for lengths, fit together easily, and look sufficiently different from L1 Pillar by shape alone.

-- Simon

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2017, 12:51:23 PM »
I could go either way about keeping or removing the hole, but that blue pixel needs to go. Ugh.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Ryemanni

• Indeed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2017, 02:44:34 PM »
I've always felt L2 Classic should be a separate NL set. The tiles have powers of 2 for lengths, fit together easily, and look sufficiently different from L1 Pillar by shape alone.
This is pretty much the only reason why I would want the L2 classic tribe as a separate graphic set in NL.

Anyway, here are a couple of suggestions: (As attachments)
The upper one is without the blue dots, and the second one has custom nails.

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2017, 02:47:51 PM »
The custom nails look really nice! I'd go with that! :thumbsup:
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline Ryemanni

• Indeed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2017, 02:49:36 PM »
They can still be changed of course. For example to change the gray nails to brown ones to mach the palette of the tileset.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2017, 03:42:11 PM »
The horizontal / vertical planks aren't really under consideration. It's more the diagonal one I'm interested in (piece 47 in the Lemmins set).
My Lemmings projects

Offline Ryemanni

• Indeed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2017, 07:29:04 PM »
Yes, I see. I think it's the best if the blue dot is removed from the slopes, because they would look stupid even if you edited them.

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2017, 04:49:59 PM »
I just added Raymanni's wooden plank with nails and the 8 diagonal resp. triangular wood pieces to the new-formats pillar set. In all pieces the ugly blue holes have been filled.