Author Topic: [NeoLemmix] Mobilems I update (2017)  (Read 9829 times)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
[NeoLemmix] Mobilems I update (2017)
« on: April 10, 2017, 12:44:22 AM »
Mobilems 1 (the first big pack I ever made, originally for Lemmini back in... 2014?) is now updated to work with the latest (stable) NeoLemmix release. --DOWNLOAD ATTACHED TO THIS POST.--

NOTE: this levelpack will work with the old stable NeoLemmix. If you're unaware; it's recently gotten a major update in the form of a totally new file system. I'm currently working on updating this pack yet again to be playable with that.

also here: https://www.mediafire.com/?w6baba8onn2hp58

Besides updated for the new physics, some backroutes have been removed; some levels altered significantly, many levels removed, and some decorations added.

Feel free to leave feedback!

MobiLems 2 will be next....................
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 02:25:49 PM by Flopsy »
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline joshescue18

• View Profile
Re: Mobilems I update (2017)
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 10:46:13 PM »
I solved all of the levels.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2017, 01:53:59 PM »
thank you! I will review the replays as soon as I can.

I might as well state here that I'm dumb and totally forgot several things I wanted to do for this pack; so there will be another update in the future. One being; adding backgrounds for the original tilesets. These will be in the form of alternate styles you can download from me. The nice thing about this is the pack will still work without these special styles.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 11:29:44 PM by möbius »
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline chrisleec728

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2017, 08:02:45 PM »
I'm confused...is the ZIP file the place where I'm supposed to download the levelpack or is there an NXP file on this thread that I'm just not seeing? (All of the other levelpacks that I've downloaded appear to be NXP files.)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2017, 08:24:59 PM »
I'm confused...is the ZIP file the place where I'm supposed to download the levelpack or is there an NXP file on this thread that I'm just not seeing? (All of the other levelpacks that I've downloaded appear to be NXP files.)

The ZIP file should contain the nxp pack itself together with a readme and a music list textdocument. Simply download the ZIP file, extract all the files from it and open the nxp with the NeoLemmix player.

Offline Geoffster

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2017, 06:53:57 PM »
Great pack, very polished.
my solutions attached

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2017, 08:08:43 PM »
Great pack, very polished.
my solutions attached

wow thanks. I thought it was kind of lacking because I rushed the update a little but maybe I was right in removing a lot of stuff. The levels should be at least somewhat polished as I've revised them hundreds of times now :XD: :thumbsup:

In any case; I do need to update again for the new formats. This pack may change a little bit when that happens but probably not too much.

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline Akseli

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2017, 11:37:27 PM »
Okay, finally played this pack during yesterday and today. I remember playing this pack when it first was released for Lemmini back in 2014, but somehow I never commented your MobiLems topics. Okay, I've for sure commented your levels in Lemmix/Lemmini Level Pack Topic, where you've released your 10 level Lemmix/Lemmini packs that are an essential part of this big pack.

Your levels are quite classics already now, people know them. They're known from the aforementioned old packs already, some of the were in Revenge of the Lemmings, and a large part of them are in Lix community level set. Very much deservedly is all I can say. MobiLems goes better and better towards the end after a bit slow start with some X-of-everything levels, but almost every single level at the last 2/3 of the pack felt magnificent. I find it very hard to name my favourite level of that steady quality bunch, let's say Flapdoodle18: The Transit Timing Variations, Brouhaha17: Tres Hombres and Heinous15: If a Lemming Falls (part 2), for some examples. Many level pairs were really strong also, I don't like too much level pairs with an X-of-everything level with a repeat level (there were some of those, too), but level pairs with two different puzzles, those were pretty slick!

For a possible update, think about time limits, they seemed really random, some levels didn't have them, some levels had them but had really much time that you couldn't use all of it, and then there were tight time limits that prevented backroutes, which is of course great.  Some typos still in titles, Flapdoodle11: Portait of a Lemming (Portrait) and Brouhaha1: The Final Sacrafice (Sacrifice).

Needless to say, I am so eager to play MobiLems II in the future, if and whenever that moment comes.

My solutions are attached.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2017, 10:06:58 PM »
thanks for all the kind comments. I don't have time to look at the replays and I'm not working on this pack much anymore. It's almost complete/perfect imo. Most if not all of the major backroutes have been removed. Some levels have multiple solutions; that's okay. Any work I do on it in the future will be merely to polish it and/or re-order/remove levels.

I plan to cosollidate all of the topics regarding my old and future packs.

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline jkapp76

• View Profile
Re: [NeoLemmix] Mobilems I update (2017)
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2021, 08:16:13 PM »
I loved this pack on lemmini! I hope to see it on neo lemmix soon.
...Jeremy Kapp

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2021, 08:21:30 PM »
Mobilems has been on NeoLemmix for a while. (Although the NL version is called "Mobilems 3", that's version 3, not the third pack of a series.)

Offline jkapp76

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2021, 02:15:51 AM »
Oh, so mobilems 3 is the same as mobilems 1 for lemmini?
...Jeremy Kapp