Author Topic: NeoLemmix Versions of (Semi-)Official Games  (Read 13764 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
NeoLemmix Versions of (Semi-)Official Games
« on: February 09, 2016, 04:47:01 AM »
I've put this topic up as a place to find links to - and current versions of - the NeoLemmix conversions of the offiical Lemmings games, as well as Copycat Lemmings and the NeoLemmix Introduction Pack.

As many of you would already know, the NeoLemmix conversions aren't simply just "take existing level, put into NeoLemmix format" in most cases (Copycat Lemmings is an exception, because that literally is how it was done). Often they're tweaked to feel more "NeoLemmix-y" - removing unused / purely-decorative area at the sides, often if a level has blockers solely to position bombers they'll be removed, etc. Some may also have other minor changes to ensure they remain possible to complete under NeoLemmix. Additionally, where there's a difference (and where possible to do so), the NeoLemmix conversions of the games tend to be based off the Amiga versions rather than the DOS versions.

With all new updates (from the time I made this topic onwards) to these packs - no matter what the reason; whether it's fixing some levels, or just updating the file formats in the NXP file - I'm adding a version number, and increasing it with each new release. Those that have not been updated since making this topic will not have a version number; for those that do, it should appear within the first few messages on the scroller (if you get to the "Thanks to..." part, you've either missed it, or have an NXP that doesn't contain the version number text). This only applies to the official games' conversions; I make no guarantee that the version number will be there (or present at all) on any fan-made content, including my own.

The versions that existed at the time this topic was made will be considered "V1.00", and updates will increase the version from there.

(V1.06) NeoLemmix Introduction Pack  http://www.neolemmix.com/old/neolemmix/NeoLemmixIntroduction.nxp
(V1.07) Lemmings                     http://www.neolemmix.com/download.php?program=33
(V1.05) Oh No! More Lemmings         http://www.neolemmix.com/download.php?program=34
(V1.06) Xmas Lemmings 91 + 92        http://www.neolemmix.com/download.php?program=35
(V1.07) Holiday Lemmings 93 + 94     http://www.neolemmix.com/download.php?program=36
(V1.06) Covox Lemmings               http://www.neolemmix.com/download.php?program=37
(V1.05) Prima Lemmings               http://www.neolemmix.com/download.php?program=38
(V1.11) Extra Official Levels        http://www.neolemmix.com/download.php?program=39
(V1.05) MazuLems                     http://www.neolemmix.com/download.php?program=40

:compat-new:
:compat-ver-10-11::compat-no:
:compat-ver-10-12::compat-no:
:compat-ver-10-13::compat-yes:

(V1.01) Copycat Lemmings             http://www.neolemmix.com/download.php?program=41
:compat-143:
:compat-ver-10-11::compat-no:
:compat-ver-10-12::compat-no:
:compat-ver-10-13::compat-no:
Due to a heavy reliance on features that are removed in newer versions, Copycat Lemmings is not going to be updated to work with newer versions of NeoLemmix. You will need V1.43n-F to play it, permanently.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 10:33:44 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: NeoLemmix Versions of (Semi-)Official Games
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 04:47:35 AM »
Extra Levels has been updated to V1.01, this adds an extra basher on Sunsoft 24 as the level was impossible otherwise.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2016, 10:35:11 AM »
Original Lemmings has been updated to V1.01, and Extra Levels to V1.02. This is to prepare some stuff for the next NeoLemmix update, in regards to the naming of the music tracks used in the special graphics levels.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2016, 03:14:57 AM »
Extra Levels has been updated to V1.03. It now has built-in copies of the Genesis graphic sets in the NXP, since these are no longer included in NeoLemmix itself. (They can be auto-downloaded, but it's preferable to have them built into the NXP than to rely on that.) There are no changes to any levels.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2016, 03:17:17 AM »
What will happen to Copycat Lemmings since the Cheapo Mode gimmick has been culled?
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2016, 03:20:46 AM »
What will happen to Copycat Lemmings since the Cheapo Mode gimmick has been culled?

It hasn't been culled yet. All non-experimental current releases, including the newly-released V1.43n-E, still support it (and all other gimmicks). Until a stable release that removes it is released, it will remain available.

Once support is dropped, it'll no longer be listed here. But I'll make sure the download remains available somewhere, so that those who want to play it (using an older version of NeoLemmix) can do so.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2016, 02:54:16 AM »
Updated:

Original Lemmings V1.02: Removed the 2-player maps.
Oh No! More Lemmings! V1.01: Removed the 2-player maps; removed SuperLemming and Frenzy from Wicked 2.
Extra Levels V1.04: Changed the "Genesis 2P" rank to just "2P". This now contains the Amiga-origin 2 player levels as well.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2016, 02:57:06 AM »
Battle at Midway is in both Level 21 of 2P, and Other 12. Not sure if this is intended.
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2016, 03:08:36 AM »
Fixed. This would also suggest that one of the bugs in Flexi hasn't been fixed as well as I thought...
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2016, 03:53:42 PM »
Holiday Lemmings has been updated to V1.01. This fixes an issue with Hail 10 where the exit trigger was one pixel above the ground (which didn't render the level impossible as such, but was still undesired behaviour).
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2016, 03:31:09 PM »
Copycat Lemmings has been updated to V1.01. This fixes Tricky 10 and Taxing 14 being unsolvable due to the removal of direct drop. Tricky 10 is a relatively minor change, while Taxing 14 has an entirely new solution. Both of these changes were approved by the original author of Copycat Lemmings. :)
My Lemmings projects

Offline Ron_Stard

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2016, 08:15:21 AM »
Thank you for the fixes! :thumbsup:

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2016, 05:34:00 PM »
Updated Holiday Lemmings (V1.02) and Xmas Lemmings (V1.01) to use a unique naming scheme for the musics instead of track_01 etc. They now use "xmas_01" etc.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2016, 11:21:02 PM »
Updated Original Lemmings (V1.03) to fix an issue with Taxing 13. It didn't make the level impossible, but did break the most common solution.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2016, 01:17:42 PM »
I've updated all of them to be mostly V1.47n-compatible (the remaining issues are due to things that need to be fixed in the player, rather than needing to be fixed in the NXPs; except that I didn't make the effort to re-test the levels. The primary issue is that most of the special graphics levels don't work, because the VGASPEC files are still in the older format which V1.47n currently has no support for).

For most of the packs the only change is that they've been marked as "compatible with both V1.43n-F and V1.47n" (and the old NXPs would work, apart from giving a warning about possible compatibility issues). The exceptions are Orig and Extra; the existing NXPs will not work properly on V1.47n.

(As this implies, these new updates are still 100% compatible with V1.43n-F too.)

Two of these haven't been updated:
NeoLemmix Introduction Pack - It will be updated, but more changes are needed here than simply "rebuild with a new toolkit version and maybe tweak a couple of settings".
Copycat Lemmings - This pack relies on Cheapo Mode which is no longer supported in V1.47n, as such, this pack cannot be updated. You'll need to use V1.43n-F to play this one.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 04:39:29 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects