Author Topic: GigaLems 2 - Project Thread  (Read 4223 times)

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
GigaLems 2 - Project Thread
« on: April 24, 2015, 08:10:52 PM »
Might as well start the project now and alternate between three things
I have made a few levels in GigaLems 2 and im using the same formula
5 Ratings 30 Levels Each
But this time im using the new skills
Shaky - Easiest difficulty with tutorials for the new skills at the beginning
Rockin' - The Tricky or Crazy rating of the pack levels get some what harder
Quaking - The Wild rating of this pack
Seismic - Taxing or Mayhem of the pack levels get quite difficult but thats until
Fissure - Time the wreck Havoc if you will the hardest difficulty in the pack
anyways i've made a few levels already and this is what the logo might look like

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: GigaLems 2 - Project Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2015, 03:37:06 AM »
Ooh, sounds good!

I dunno if working on several packs at once might be a bit daunting. I myself have never worked on more than two at a time that actually required new development, with one of them being a very small pack. However - if you can indeed manage that, then go for it! :) At any rate, I'm looking forward to this, since your first pack was really good!
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2015, 03:45:50 PM »
Announcement for this project
There will be hidden levels known as
Skull Route Levels
There are 25 of them so for each rating there are five levels that will have these hidden exits to find theme
and yes i'll use the crash 3 death route themes for these level

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2015, 08:32:04 AM »
It'll be possible to make secret levels unlocked by getting an achievement, rather than by finding a secret level trigger. You might want to consider using this option instead. If you do want to use secret level triggers, it's probably a good idea to make some subtle hint in the terrain as to where they are (perhaps something that looks out of place, or a platform that serves no purpose, or a place that very obviously is challenging to get to yet not involved in the main solution).
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)