Author Topic: [QUESTION] Can you play 2 player Lemmings on pc?  (Read 5610 times)

Offline 607

• View Profile
[QUESTION] Can you play 2 player Lemmings on pc?
« on: March 26, 2015, 06:44:50 PM »
Hi, it's me again!

I think the title should be clear enough. I'm wondering if it's possible to play multiplayer Lemmings on pc, because there's a problem with my Atari ST floppy.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: [QUESTION] Can you play 2 player Lemmings on pc?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 06:47:26 PM »
Well, you could play a version that has a 2-player mode (such as Amiga) through an emulator. But if you wanted something natively for PC, the closest you're likely to get is Lix, which is available (and supports cross-play) for Windows, Mac and Linux.

I'm not sure about Mac version (though I assume by PC you mean "Windows or DOS"), but neither the DOS nor Windows versions of Lemmings have a 2-player mode. Nor do any of the currently-used clones (aside from Lix).
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 01:19:25 PM »
Hi 607

You can get it working on the atari st emulator and the Amiga one I think, although I don't know how you would go about it with the Amiga one. My dads mate has installed an Amiga emulator as he loves his old games as he was an amiga guy back in the days.  :thumbsup:

If I was yourself I would go for the Atari st one as this is the one I use and one of my favorite emulators has to be Steam St. Steam ST allows you to play the mutiplayer version of lemmings as the original one has 20 two player levels and the oh no more one has 10 levels all of which are very fun. I think I still have some Atari st floppy disks lying around but some of the games on them don't work anymore.

(I'm a frog now)

:8:()[: :8:()[:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 09:20:38 PM »
DOS Lemmings lacks multiplayer.

Try Lix, yes. :lix:

Lix is a lemmings-like game with full internet multiplayer support. Games are scheduled irregularly but frequently on our IRC channel (webchat), irc.quakenet.org #lix. You're welcome to join.

-- Simon
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 09:30:00 PM by Simon »