Author Topic: Level pack topic  (Read 201625 times)

Offline Timballisto

• View Profile
Re: Level pack topic
« Reply #150 on: June 29, 2005, 01:56:54 PM »
Quote from: JM  link=1089136533/135#148 date=1119976905
I can't wait to play pack 3.

Really?  Thanks!  So I take it you liked my other packs or something?

Oh, and I have decided to go with Kauf, Kauft, Kaufen Sie instead of Finland.  After awhile I realized two things - Finland isn't really humanly  possible, and if someone can do it...well, that's just crazy.  Not only that but the level wasn't that much fun.  Kauf is much more fun and it's definitely possible.  I especially like watching the lemmings go to the exit for some reason.

I wrote up the solutions last night.  Now, I need only to zip up the pack and upload it!

Oh, and I suppose I'll upload finland as well.  That way I can let other people test it.

Offline Timballisto

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 29, 2005, 08:08:48 PM »
HA HA HA HA HA HA BOB

The 3rd pack is finally done. &#A0;It's about time.

Enjoy!

More on the way of course.

EDIT: &#A0;Forgot to put up Finland for download:

Here be impossible level #1

JM

« Reply #152 on: June 30, 2005, 01:39:59 PM »
Nicely designed levels.Especially the twisty thing on Level 6.The 1st level looks pretty amazing.

Conway

« Reply #153 on: June 30, 2005, 02:07:29 PM »
Finland is evil! =8O

Offline Timballisto

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 30, 2005, 03:49:59 PM »
I definitely agree with you there.  It is very evil...

Offline Liebatron

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 30, 2005, 04:08:08 PM »
I agree with everyone about Finland but that's not why I posted just now. I made a level. I'm not sure what t do for a solution or anything but I should have a pack up soon...in a while..eventually. When playing Finland, it would be wise to make use of the pause hotkey if you haven't already done so.

Timballisto has come VERY close to beating Finland.. he lost one lemming I think.

My level, (Called DO NOT BLOW UP THE TREE.) Is pretty simple.
It'll be up ...eventually.

JM

« Reply #156 on: June 30, 2005, 07:12:26 PM »
I said about 1 or 2 weeks ago that i was making a pack with a level using extended graphics.My friend GM is helping me with the level pack so we will upload it soon.

JM

« Reply #157 on: June 30, 2005, 08:16:19 PM »
www.geocities.com/jmjm0052005/JMGM01.zip

That's the level pack.I hope you tell me what you think of our levels.

« Reply #158 on: July 04, 2005, 11:15:35 PM »
Ok, I had a look at the level.

Hardly impossible, though perhaps slightly annoying at times, and requires lots of pausing.

Since it's July 4th over here at the US, I'm probably not going to stay on the computer too long, but I could probably beat the level within a day or two at most.

Nice level design by the way.   B) It'd be nice though if the rest of the level besides the starting screen serves a purpose, other than just mere decoration as it is now.

Offline Timballisto

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 04, 2005, 11:23:16 PM »
Has anyone beaten Finland yet?

« Reply #160 on: July 04, 2005, 11:38:20 PM »
Quote from: Timballisto  link=1089136533/150#158 date=1120519396

I haven't even downloaded the level yet.

However, now that I've more or less exhausted the improvements on the lemmings and ONML challenges, I think I will take a look at your level.  ;)

Do you want the level played in Lemmings or Custlemm?  (I asked because Custlemm has a higher safe-falling distance, which might or might not affect the solutions to your level.)

Oh, I should say that if your level involves ridiculous amounts of precisely-timed bombers, I will probably not play with it for too long.  ;P (I'm not a big fan of precisely-timed bombers, especially without a replay feature.)

« Reply #161 on: July 05, 2005, 12:10:58 AM »
Quote from: Timballisto  link=1089136533/150#158 date=1120519396

I've now beaten the level.  I even have a screenshot:

http://www.geocities.com/guestlevels/lemmings/finland.png

As you can see, the level can be completed with actually just half the floaters and builders you provided.  I did the level in Lemmings instead of Custlemm, though I don't think it matters in this case.

The RR of 50 seems scary until you play the level, at which point it becomes obvious that with 4 entrances, an RR of 50 doesn't mean much.

JM

« Reply #162 on: July 05, 2005, 10:49:15 AM »
Thanks for the screenshot.

That will make it much simpler to complete the level.

« Reply #163 on: July 05, 2005, 11:27:14 AM »
Quote from: JM  link=1089136533/150#162 date=1120560555
Thanks for the screenshot.

That will make it much simpler to complete the level.

<laugh>Well I hope it works for you.  I actually found the hardest thing about this level to be not so much where to build, but to keep track of everything that's going on at once.  There are so many times where I was focusing on a certain part of the level, only to miss some builder on the other side of the screen who just finishes building, and by the time I notice, he already falls off the bridge and dies.  X_X

Good luck!  And remember that you don't have to do everything exactly the way the screenshot shows.  What I did isn't always the easiest thing to do even if it works.  Feel free to use more builders and floaters as needed.  And use the pause button every second or so.  ;P

Offline Timballisto

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 05, 2005, 01:15:21 PM »
How many times did you try the level anyway?

Maybe it seemed hard because of the fact that my screen will flicker randomly and my pause button does not always work.

I didn't mean for all of the bridges to be used, but I wante d to limit the number you could have.