Author Topic: Level pack topic  (Read 182243 times)

MC Marshy

Re: Level pack topic
« Reply #645 on: April 22, 2006, 11:51:55 AM »
My 6th pack I think is okay now.

http://it.travisbsd.org/lemmings/lemmingswelt/index.php?cmd=get&file=levelpacks/MARSHY06.DAT

Download it there

Please tell me if you find something bad in the pack. I do all the best I can. So far I've been bored these holidays so I messed about with lemmings stuff and made what levels I could. It took me a few hours to re-make a level completely from genesis or cheapo and then I did my own modifications to the levels. Looks like it all came out well.

tseug

« Reply #646 on: April 22, 2006, 07:19:19 PM »
Quote from: JM link=1089136533/630#644 date=1145704615
I also thought you were making level 10 just like level 2.
I am, but if I make a vgaspec level I will replace one of the easier levels. (and put it in my second pack instead)

EDIT: MCM that pack looks great! :) Level 10 really sticks out, it's definitely my favorite out of any level you have made so far. :)

JM

« Reply #647 on: April 23, 2006, 06:17:25 PM »
Ok Tseug. I'll look forward to playing the full version of your first pack.

MC Marshy I've played your 6th pack and it looks good. Nice re-make of "Evil Whisper" from the genesis version. The cheapo re-make looks good as it's not an exact replica of the level. Keep it up make more levels in the future :)

Marshy

« Reply #648 on: May 04, 2006, 09:30:12 AM »
I've got a 7th pack in the Lemmings file portal. Spent hours working on a 7th levelpak and almost finishing an 8th which should be finished by the end of this week. I hope you like the 7th that's in the portal but it might not be good enough. The 8th has a vgaspec level but I hope my next levelpaks will be better after I finish making the 8th. In the file portal it's Marshy07.dat

Enjoy :)

Leviathan

« Reply #649 on: May 04, 2006, 10:04:51 AM »
Here's my new pack :) http://it.travisbsd.org/lemmings/lemmingswelt/index.php?cmd=get&file=levelpacks/levipak4.dat

Levels 9 and 10 are glitchy,all others are glitch-free.

JM2006

« Reply #650 on: May 04, 2006, 12:18:07 PM »
Nice pack Leviathan

So far I really love the design of each level pack. Keep making good levels  :)

Here is how I did on the levels

Level 1: I know the trick with the builder which turns him around
Level 2: The time limit wasn't too bad, was a bit tricky timing the bomber but still made it  :)
Level 3: I don't know the exact solution for the level so I didn't pass it
Level 4: This seemed annoying to pull off, I'll try again sometime to see if I pass it
Level 5: I know what the numbers in the title are talking about, the basher didn't always bash through every cell but I know I'll make it one day
Level 6: The water traps! How do I pass this one?
Level 7: I turned around the top lemming but I keep having trouble saving the others
Level 8: This looked hard, I couldn't pass it
Level 9: I'll figure this one out when I try harder
Level 10: I know the glitch that's used but is there more than one glitch?

I hope your 5th pack is good aswell :)

Marshy

« Reply #651 on: May 05, 2006, 01:24:03 PM »
I've put Marshy08 in the Lemmings file portal. It's all I could do. You can download it there now. I'll start a 9th pack maybe next week. I'm out of inspiration at the minute for levels but you can play Marshy01-08 for the time being :)

Blimey! That pack is hard Levi. I managed level 2 but how do you do some of the others?

Leviathan

« Reply #652 on: May 05, 2006, 05:00:39 PM »
Here's some hints to my levels :)

Level 1: You need to know the trick involved,for the rest it's easy.
Level 2: Think about the builder bricks punching trough terrain.
Level 3: Always think about the title...
Level 4: The angle of a builder and a miner is exactly the same.
Level 5: You need to fill some cells with builders and bash trough all of them with one basher
Level 6: You indeed need to build a platform using builders and diggers.
Level 7: Uses level 1 and 2 tricks
Level 8: It is possible to create an upward tunnel with bashers.
Level 9: Sliding glitch.
Level 10: Steel failiure glitch.

Marshy

« Reply #653 on: May 08, 2006, 12:01:21 PM »
Cheers

I've got work on a 9th pack coming up and here is the progress

Out of blockers.. (Turn the lemmings around using builders) (DONE)
One minute warning (Within a minute try and speed up what you can, it may be hard to find the exact solution (IN PROGRESS)
Builders to the rescue (Probably an easy level, the lemmings are stuck on a hill and one of the lemmings on the bottom has to build a bridge so the lemmings can land safely) (DONE)

It should take me a few weeks to get this pack done. I'm doing the best I can :)

Offline Timballisto

• View Profile
« Reply #654 on: May 22, 2006, 01:52:10 AM »
I have a request for any playtesters out there. &#A0;I have a level here, and I haven't touched it for months, and I forgot the intended solution. &#A0;However I think that the intended solution may have been in place with a few glitches, or it may have been possible already, but I'm really not sure. &#A0;If anyone can take this level here and beat it, that would be great. &#A0;Make sure to remember how ya did it though! &#A0;Thanks.

http://www.webcatgraphics.com/jmlproductions/LEV5-8.jpg

(Why .jpg?  For some reason it won't download the file without some extension, so I made it a jpg.  Obviously take it back off after you download it.  Also, I think you'll have to right click it and then click save target as to download it.)

Offline Timballisto

• View Profile
« Reply #655 on: May 27, 2006, 12:48:17 AM »
Huloooooo?

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #656 on: May 27, 2006, 11:04:01 AM »
Sorry -- I'm really busy this week with an 8000-word essay. I'll look at it as soon as I can.

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: May 28, 2006, 09:30:52 AM »
Oh, sorry, I tried and worked out a solution (not executed though), and forgot to post it. :-[
Anyway, that the solution I worked out:
[highlight]Since there are only 50% to save, you only need to use two entrances:
(From the left) the second and the third. First turn the RR to a high value.
For the second entrance: have a lemming facing right build at a certain point on the plateau-like terrain section to get up onto the obstacle. When starting the second bridge, have a lemming bash through the bridge below him he built up before. The builder should not turn around but walk up the obstacle. When he's fallen into the gap, have him bash through it and the build three bridges. Then bash (and if necessary dig) to one of the exits there. Have one lemming of the crowd build over the gap in the builders bridge.
For the third entrance: Have the first lemming bash into the hidden OWW (in the the top of the third stone he passes) to turn him around, but the other lemmings should continue walking forward at that point. (It's also possible using a builder, then even at an earlier point, but my solution is optimized to use as few builders as possible.) Have this lemming walk over the stone left to the entrance an build over the little gap, preferably in a way that it can be also passed when coming from the left. Have him build up to that thingy hanging down from the steel wall using two builders. There's precision involved because the bridge must touch theat thingy in a way that, when he returnes, can bash through it, but it may not be too high since the steel area is a little too large making it impossible to bash then. When having bashed through, build to the exit. He'll turn around and walk back and forth to the exit again. Meanwhile mine th crowd out of the gap at the top they're caught in.
In case the time limit is too tight to do the one part after the other, use multitasking.
This solution requires 10 builders in its best way, so you can waste two overall.
[/highlight]

Marshy

« Reply #658 on: May 30, 2006, 03:19:54 PM »
My 9th levelpak is now in the Lemmings file portal. It is Marshy09.dat

I've now got a 10th pack being worked on so look forward to that  ;)