Author Topic: [OLD] Player Bugs / Suggestions  (Read 122066 times)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
Re: Player Bugs / Suggestions
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2015, 03:19:27 AM »
Thanks, I should have noticed that.

Another thing I forgot to mention: there is no option for Zombies, Clock and Rising Water in the NeoCustLemmix configuration screen.
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2015, 03:22:52 AM »
It wouldn't be very useful to have those options - all three of them need to be configured in the level's layout too, not just have a gimmick flag set. Nonetheless, I'll be sure to add them for completeness's sake.

EDIT: Actually, I thought of one case where it is useful - to avoid erasing these gimmicks on levels that usually use them.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 03:29:23 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2015, 08:17:30 PM »
If the Invincibility and Zombie gimmicks are combined, the normal lemmings still turn into Zombies. Is this intended behavior?

Player suggestion: during gameplay, if you have a level with a lot of teleporters and receivers, I was thinking you could make it so that if you click on a teleporter, it will show you what receiver it goes to.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 08:25:16 PM by DynaLem »

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2015, 05:45:34 AM »
Hm. Indeed, I would like to have that labelled *somehow*. I don't know if that's the best approach to it though...

As for Invincibility vs Zombies, no, I hadn't considered how they interact, and you're right, Invincibility should prevent infection.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2015, 02:29:08 PM »
> Play a sound when a locked exit opens This will be in V1.27n-C

Just thought of something: what if the level solely has the locked exit, but no buttons? Will the exit play the sound as soon as the level starts?

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2015, 02:47:22 PM »
Nope. It's played when a button is pushed if that button is the last one remaining. If the level has no buttons at all, the exit is never locked, but is unlocked right from the start.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2015, 08:19:58 PM »
Hm. Indeed, I would like to have [the teleporters and receivers] labelled *somehow*. I don't know if that's the best approach to it though...

I thought of one way. I'm thinking they can be labelled through saving an image of the level.

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2015, 01:07:27 AM »
Another glitch I've noticed while playing Doomsday Lemmings.

It seems there are "-1" Lemmings in some levels. This occurs mostly when I press "B" to go back.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2015, 03:21:48 AM »
Have you found any other circumstances where it happens?

During development of the V1.27n-C upgrade, that happened all the time, but I thought I had ironed it out by release time...
My Lemmings projects

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2015, 08:58:02 PM »
One other time it has happened would be during the very first gameplay frame of the level.

When I start the level and hit 'P' immediately as the level opens up, it shows the "-1".

It may also be possible that the -1 comes from the pre-placed zombies.

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2015, 03:22:14 PM »
In test mode of NeoCustLemmixNeo, it seems that even with the Classic Zombies gimmick on and setting the pre-placed lemmings and trapdoors' S values to 64, they still come out as regular lemmings.

This doesn't happen with the regular Zombies gimmick.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2015, 09:04:36 PM »
In test mode of NeoCustLemmixNeo, it seems that even with the Classic Zombies gimmick on and setting the pre-placed lemmings and trapdoors' S values to 64, they still come out as regular lemmings.

This doesn't happen with the regular Zombies gimmick.

You need to enable both "Zombies" and "Classic Zombies". :)
My Lemmings projects

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2015, 12:43:01 AM »
My browser thinks that there is some malicious when i tried to download Neolemmix
Edit: nevermind i went to the neolemmix website i tried to download neolemmix from dropbox becuase of a post in the neolemmix section
Edit2: where is Testplayer.exe? becuase neolemmix thinks i don't have it

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2015, 03:26:37 AM »
To get test mode working, what you need to do is put a copy of NeoCustLemmix (or regular CustLemmix, if you're editing traditional Lemmix levels) in the same folder as the editor. :)
My Lemmings projects

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2015, 09:39:28 PM »
Where do i find Neocustlemmix becuase the dropbox version said there was malware in it (acording to google chrome)