Author Topic: Lemmings Plus Omega - Release Topic  (Read 8462 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Lemmings Plus Omega - Release Topic
« on: December 18, 2014, 01:08:28 AM »
NOTE: This topic has been closed. The links / info here may be out of date. This pack can be discussed in the general Lemmings Plus topic here.

Well everyone... it's finally here! The Lemmings Plus pack to conclude all Lemmings Plus packs... or something epic-sounding like that.

Lemmings Plus Omega is a NeoLemmix-based pack of 135 levels, using the graphic sets from both LPII and LPIII. It's my last major pack (at least under the "Lemmings Plus" brand), and if the testers' feedback is anything to go by, it's going to be a great end to the series. ^_^

There's no secret levels this time, so no need to hunt endlessly for them. There are gimmick and frenzy levels - in their own rank, seperate from the main levels, so if you don't like them, you don't have to play them. (Or if you mainly like them, you don't have to dig them out among the normal levels). Unlike LPII and LPIII, there are once again repeat levels - something I really missed in those two packs!

My aim with the difficulty was to have a similar standard to LPII. This means that it doesn't get quite as hard as LPIII did, but it's still pretty challenging towards the end. And since it uses the new NeoLemmix skills, there's the added challenge of getting used to those - of course, there's tutorial levels to introduce them!

Anyway, I'll expand on this post later, but for now... here's the download locations. :D

DropBox Folder
NeoLemmix Website

Both links have both the game itself and a music pack. The music pack is completely optional; it just gives better quality versions of some musics.

So, download, and enjoy!

Special thanks to Akseli, DynaLem, Minim, mobius and Nepster for pre-release testing - this pack definitely had a much more extensive testing period than LPIII or HLP did, so hopefully I've got everything right the first time! :)

To activate cheat mode, enter the code JUSTNUKEIT.

Level Name References
Once-per-rank level "Traptastic": To alert the player to the presence of hidden traps.

Breezy 1-7: All of these are references to the skill introduced in the level.
Breezy 2 "Totally Original Stoner Level": A reference to it's design similarity to Fun 3.
Breezy 8 "Classic Techniques": Refers to the use of only the 8 (and all 8 of the) classic skills.
Breezy 9 "Free To A Good Lemming": A play on "Free To A Good Home"
Breezy 11 "Stones In The Sky": A hint at the solution.
Breezy 13 "Time To Gap It!": An obvious fact about the level, but also a saying meaning similar to "let's get out of here".
Breezy 14 "What A Sixy Lemming!": A play on "What A Sexy _____", also referencing the level having six lemmings.
Breezy 16 "Not That Way!": A hint at the solution.
Breezy 18 "Up, Up and Home!": A play on "Up, Up and Away!".
Breezy 19 "A Blocker Would Be Handy": ...well, it would. Also a reference to, by now, countless other levels.
Breezy 22 "Swap Magic": A reference to the PS2 "Swap Magic" disc, as well as that the two sides need to be swapped.
Breezy 23 "Lemming Think For A Moment": A play on "Let me think for a moment".
Breezy 29 "Spelemkers": A play on "Spelunkers".
Breezy 30 "Lemming It The Hard Way": A play on "Doing It The Hard Way".

Puzzling 2 "It's A Fair Treede": A play on "It's a fair trade".
Puzzling 3 "Horizontal Access": A hint at the solution.
Puzzling 11 "Backwards Solution": A hint at the solution.
Puzzling 13 "The Martian Lake Beast": A reference to the level's design.
Puzzling 14 "So This Is How It Ends...": This refers to this level being the last one I made for LPO, and thus, most likely the last level ever made for Lemmings Plus.
Puzzling 20 "Don't Go Anywhere!": This title was given before the second (lower) entrance was added; thus at this time it was a reference to the solution.
Puzzling 22 "Don't Count Your Lemmings...": A play on "Don't count your chickens".
Puzzling 23 "Eco-Friendly Lemmings": A reference to Tricky 15 "Ozone-Friendly Lemmings"; originally this level was placed at Puzzling 15, and it's a repeat of the first level in the pack.
Puzzling 27 "Inversion Therapy": A reference to the exit being upside down.
Puzzling 30 "Drop Them Lems": A reference to "Nuke Them Lems" from the L3D failed level screen.

Perplexing 1 "Purple Pools": A reference to the Eminem song "Purple Pills".
Perplexing 3 "Make Lem, Not War": A play on "Make love, not war".
Perplexing 7 "Dial "L" For Lemming": A play on "Dial "M" for Murder".
Perplexing 8 "Oh No! More Megalemmings!": A reference to both Oh No! More Lemmings! as a whole, and the LPII level Nice 18 "Megalemmings!".
Perplexing 11 "Tightwire City": A reference to Tricky 24 "Tightrope City".
Perplexing 13 "Nothin' But A Lem Thang": A reference to Dr Dre and Snoop Dogg's song "Nothin' But A G Thang".
Perplexing 18 "Bouncing Back": A hint at the solution.
Perplexing 24 "Grab Life By The Lemming": A play on "Grab life by the balls".
Perplexing 28 "Jumping Into The World": Both a hint at the solution and a reference to the BoA album.
Perplexing 29 "From Endings To Beginnings": A hint at the solution.

Mental 4 "Trade of the Tricks": A play on "Tricks of the trade".
Mental 5 "(insert clever title here)": Initially placed as a self-joke because I couldn't think of a name at the time, I decided to leave it as-is.
Mental 8 "Silica Valley": A play on "Silicon Valley".
Mental 9 "Stormy Ascent": A reference to the dummied-out Crash Bandicoot 1 level of the same name.
Mental 10 "Project Thataway": A play on "Project Runaway".
Mental 11 "No Way Around It This Time...": This was referring to the level enforcing a trick that someone kept avoiding in Fierce 15 of LPIII. Ironically, they found plenty of ways around it in this level too at first.
Mental 13 "A Different Kind Of Hero": A reference to Mayhem 3 "It's Hero Time" and this level having a similar skillset (except with the new skills).
Mental 19 "Splittin' Like Crazy": A reference to the extreme number of splitters in this level.
Mental 20 "Not Even A Minute!": A reference to Mayhem 16 "Just a Minute!" and Mayhem 27 "Just a Minute (Part II)".
Mental 21 "Adventure Time!!!": A reference to the cartoon of the same name.
Mental 22 "Treet Yourself!": A play on "Treat yourself".
Mental 23 "Lemmin' Like The Wind": A play on "Running like the wind".
Mental 25 "Terrible Sky": A reference to the team in Final Fantasy X-2 HD's Fiend Arena of the same name, as well as to this level being a Sky level that intentionally contains some elements that are generally thought of as bad design.
Mental 26 "Will It Be Enough...?": Refers to the level's fairly tight time limit.
Mental 27 "Six-Lem Situation": Refers to the level having six lemmings.
Mental 28 "The Troublesome Trio": Refers to the level having three lemmings.
Mental 29 "Through Thick And Thin...": Not much to say about the level name, but this one in fact was originally titled "Panic Attack II" for reasons that are obvious upon viewing its design.
Mental 30 "The Final Tower": Both a play on "The Final Hour" and a reference to being the final regular level.

Playtime, general: Most level names here make some reference to the gimmick in them.
Playtime 1 "Quarantined Threat": A reference to the level's design (as well as the gimmick).
Playtime 7 "Glider Frenzy": An obvious twist on "Floater Frenzy".
Playtime 9 "Finally...": Refers to the level having similar layouts and stats to the No Time To Die levels, but with the Karoshi gimmick.
Playtime 10 "The Midnight Bridge": A hint at the solution.
Playtime 11 "The Sandpit": Solely references the level's design.
Playtime 13 "SUPERLEMMING III: Desert Escape": References both Wicked 2 (ONML) "Introducing SUPERLEMMING!" and Rush 4 (LPIIBonus) "SUPERLEMMING II: Desert Quest".
Playtime 14 "Night Of The Lemming Dead": As well as a reference to the gimmick, it's a play on "Night of the living dead".
Playtime 15 "Remember Your Beginnings...": A very subtle hint at the solution.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 02:28:57 PM by Flopsy »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Lemmings Plus Omega - Release Topic
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 01:08:41 AM »
Maximum Saved Records
To avoid doubt, the percentages listed here are the Cloner-adjusted percentages (ie: 100%=all lemmings saved including all lemmings potentially created via cloners); but plain lemming counts are listed too.
If a non-100% result is bolded, it means that it is possible to save more than the requirement.

Breezy - 4 required, 5 impossible, 21 optional
Breezy 1: 100%able
Breezy 2: Record is 94% (47 lemmings)
Breezy 3: 100%able
Breezy 4: Record is 87% (5 lemmings)
Breezy 5: 100%able
Breezy 6: 100% is required
Breezy 7: 100%able
Breezy 8: 100%able
Breezy 9: 100%able
Breezy 10: 100%able
Breezy 11: Record is 92% (46 lemmings)
Breezy 12: 100%able
Breezy 13: 100%able
Breezy 14: 100%able
Breezy 15: 100%able
Breezy 16: 100% is required
Breezy 17: 100%able
Breezy 18: 100% is required
Breezy 19: Record is 96% (48 lemmings)
Breezy 20: 100%able
Breezy 21: 100%able
Breezy 22: 100%able
Breezy 23: 100%able
Breezy 24: 100%able
Breezy 25: 100% is required
Breezy 26: 100%able
Breezy 27: 100%able
Breezy 28: Record is 98% (49 lemmings)
Breezy 29: 100%able
Breezy 30: 100%able

Puzzling - 4 required, 4 impossible, 22 optional
Puzzling 1: 100%able
Puzzling 2: 100%able
Puzzling 3: 100% is required
Puzzling 4: 100%able
Puzzling 5: 100%able
Puzzling 6: 100%able
Puzzling 7: 100% is required
Puzzling 8: 100%able
Puzzling 9: 100%able
Puzzling 10: 100%able
Puzzling 11: Record is 72% (18 lemmings)
Puzzling 12: 100%able
Puzzling 13: 100%able
Puzzling 14: 100%able
Puzzling 15: 100% is required
Puzzling 16: 100%able
Puzzling 17: 100%able
Puzzling 18: 100%able
Puzzling 19: Record is 90% (19 lemmings)
Puzzling 20: 100%able
Puzzling 21: 100%able
Puzzling 22: 100%able
Puzzling 23: Record is 90% (9 lemmings)
Puzzling 24: Record is 98% (74 lemmings)
Puzzling 25: 100%able
Puzzling 26: 100% is required
Puzzling 27: 100%able
Puzzling 28: 100%able (Nepster)
Puzzling 29: 100%able
Puzzling 30: 100%able

Perplexing - 7 required, 14 impossible, 9 optional
Perplexing 1: 100%able (Nepster)
Perplexing 2: 100% is required
Perplexing 3: 100% is required
Perplexing 4: 100% is required
Perplexing 5: Record is 98% (49 lemmings)
Perplexing 6: 100%able
Perplexing 7: 100%able (Akseli)
Perplexing 8: 100% is required
Perplexing 9: Record is 92% (46 lemmings)
Perplexing 10: Record is 95% (57 lemmings)
Perplexing 11: 100%able
Perplexing 12: Record is 95% (38 lemmings)
Perplexing 13: Record is 95% (19 lemmings) (Nepster)
Perplexing 14: Record is 98% (49 lemmings)
Perplexing 15: 100%able
Perplexing 16: Record is 94% (47 lemmings) (Nepster)
Perplexing 17: Record is 95% (57 lemmings)
Perplexing 18: 100% is required
Perplexing 19: 100%able (Nepster)
Perplexing 20: 100% is required
Perplexing 21: Record is 76% (23 lemmings) (Nepster)
Perplexing 22: 100%able
Perplexing 23: 100%able (Nepster)
Perplexing 24: Record is 95% (19 lemmings)
Perplexing 25: Record is 98% (49 lemmings)
Perplexing 26: Record is 95% (20 lemmings)
Perplexing 27: Record is 98% (98 lemmings)
Perplexing 28: 100% is required
Perplexing 29: 100%able
Perplexing 30: Record is 66% (2 lemmings)

Mental - 9 required, 20 impossible, 1 optional
Mental 1: 100% is required
Mental 2: 100% is required
Mental 3: Record is 98% (49 lemmings)
Mental 4: Record is 95% (38 lemmings)
Mental 5: Record is 91% (91 lemmings)
Mental 6: 100% is required
Mental 7: Record is 96% (48 lemmings)
Mental 8: Record is 95% (57 lemmings)
Mental 9: 100% is required
Mental 10: Record is 11% (9 lemmings)
Mental 11: Record is 95% (19 lemmings)
Mental 12: Record is 96% (48 lemmings)
Mental 13: Record is 96% (30 lemmings)
Mental 14: Record is 82% (41 lemmings) (Akseli)
Mental 15: 100% is required
Mental 16: 100% is required
Mental 17: Record is 92% (37 lemmings)
Mental 18: Record is 92% (48 lemmings)
Mental 19: 100% is required
Mental 20: Record is 95% (19 lemmings)
Mental 21: Record is 80% (44 lemmings)
Mental 22: Record is 83% (83 lemmings)
Mental 23: Record is 98% (49 lemmings) (DynaLem)
Mental 24: Record is 92% (46 lemmings)
Mental 25: Record is 96% (58 lemmings) (Akseli)
Mental 26: 100% is required
Mental 27: Record is 83% (5 lemmings)
Mental 28: 100% is required
Mental 29: Record is 95% (95 lemmings)
Mental 30: 100%able (Nepster)

Playtime - 6 required, 5 impossible, 4 optional
Playtime 1: Record is 80% (20 lemmings)
Playtime 2: 100% is required
Playtime 3: Record is 98% (59 lemmings) (Backroute)
Playtime 4: 100% is required
Playtime 5: 100%able
Playtime 6: Record is 87% (87 lemmings)
Playtime 7: 100%able
Playtime 8: 100% is required
Playtime 9: 100% is required
Playtime 10: 100%able
Playtime 11: 100%able (Akseli)
Playtime 12: Record is 96% (48 lemmings)
Playtime 13: 100% is required
Playtime 14: Record is 85% (51 lemmings) (Akseli)
Playtime 15: 100% is required
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 08:22:18 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Akseli

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 01:31:48 AM »
Awesomeness! I'll most probably give this a go right after waking up tomorrow. :)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 03:37:48 AM »
Thanks for all the Lemmings Plus games you've made for us. You've really done so much for us - adding excellent improvements such as removing glitches, adding new objects, gimmicks and skills, creating new styles that fit the feel of the original lemmings games, and improving the Lemmix editor. Lemmings Plus Omega one is indeed a great conclusion to the Lemmings Plus series, and indeed makes very great use of the NeoLemmix features.

I'll write reviews of most of the levels in the future.
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2014, 01:21:17 AM »
I've started compiling a maximum saved records list. I'm including results from the testing period where I can remember any results that stood out (and weren't blocked by later backroute fixes).

Here's a pretty good challenge: 98% on Perplexing 14. (100% doesn't appear to be possible)
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2014, 10:56:09 PM »
Okay so, all levels have now been solved by at least one person other than myself. :) Since this is still not true for LPIII (where some levels took a long time to be solved - one of which still hasn't been), I'd say I did well with my goal of toning down the difficulty a bit on this pack.

While a handful of levels do have known backroutes, in all of these cases at least one person has also found the intended (or at least, an acceptable) solution.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2014, 02:04:09 PM »
Now that most of the big stuff to do with the server move for the forums is out of the way, I'm going to work on the first level update for LPO.

The levels that have been identified as needing fixes are:

Puzzling 7
Perplexing 28
Mental 3
Mental 8
Mental 20 (maybe - haven't made a final decision on whether to fix or leave this one)
Mental 27
Playtime 3
Playtime 13
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2014, 03:55:31 AM »
Okay, here's the update!

All above mentioned levels are fixed, except Perplexing 28 - a closer look at the backroute, I noticed that it in fact does use the intended trick, just in a different place. This is fine by me.

So, here's the affected levels. If their earlier (or later) version is also affected, I've noted this:

Puzzling 7 (may affect some Breezy 18 solutions)
Mental 3 (this is a unique level)
Mental 8 (may affect some Puzzling 20 solutions)
Mental 20 (will not affect any Puzzling 10 solutions)
Mental 27 (may, but most likely won't, affect some Breezy 14 solutions)
Playtime 3 (will not affect Breezy 12 as only the stats were changed)
Playtime 13 (this is a unique level)

The updated download can be found on either:

DropBox
NeoLemmix Website

The music pack does not need to be redownloaded if you already have it; it hasn't changed. The pack is still using NeoLemmix V1.26n-C, no new update to the engine yet.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2014, 02:23:33 PM »
I think this has been out long enough to reveal this now.

The cheat code is JUSTNUKEIT. :)

EDIT: Also, I've added level images to the NeoLemmix website. :)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 03:35:17 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2015, 05:36:47 AM »
Here's another challenge that might not immediately be obvious:

Beat Breezy 11 with only two mid-air stoners (you can use as many stoners as you like that are standing on ground, though).

EDIT: A much more challenging one. Playtime 1, with no more than 2 builders (but as much as you like of any other skill).

Anyway, I'm going to release an update soon that makes use of the new pre/post-level text feature. Specifically, explaining the new skills on the training screen, as well as having seperate congrats screens for Mental 30 and for Playtime 15.

EDIT: Update released. The update to the rest of NeoLemmix versions will be a bit later, as there are some features (that aren't relevant to LPO, hence why it could be released now) that still need testing - specifically, the Flexi Player and secret levels. There's no change to any of the levels in this update, it just adds those preview/postview texts.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 10:17:15 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2015, 04:18:12 PM »
Alright, my solution replays are now available:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5xm50bxg0qex015/LPOSolutions.zip

Note that the replay alone won't help much for Playtime 10; so I included a text file explaining what to do here.

Also - I found yet another backroute in Playtime 3. So far, it's the only level where a backroute has been found since the first update (the second update was only to update the NeoLemmix version).
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 08:21:44 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2015, 02:24:52 PM »
Okay, after some thought about it, I don't think a single backroute in an early-Playtime level (that isn't too obvious) is worth a new update.

So, the V1.27n-B based release of LPO can be considered the "final" version (of course, once NeoLemmix is finalised, I'll do one more update to use the final version, just as I plan for all my other NeoLemmix-based packs and already did for my traditional Lemmix-based packs).
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2015, 02:11:50 AM »
Updated this again, despite saying that'd be the last official version (apart from a "final" one). No level changes, but it's now using player V1.28n.

The reason for this is to simplify submission of replays to the replay database, as well as one bugfix that may be annoying (and a few that have little if any relevance to LPO, I guess :P ).

Download links are the same.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Akseli

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2015, 11:47:03 PM »
Okay, I grabbed the updated LPO version and played the updated levels, here are my solutions for those few. :)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2015, 04:17:52 AM »
Will watch them now. Did you have any luck yet on the 5 levels you didn't solve before? (Mental 12, 17, 19, 21 and 29)

Puzzling 7: You've got the intended solution now. :D
Mental 3: Same here. Interestingly, your solution is mirrored from every other solution (including my own) that I've seen, but of course that's fine in a symmetrical level.
Mental 20: Not the intended solution, but (even ignoring that I'm not going to do any more level updates for LPO) I'd say it's acceptable. :)
Mental 27: A different solution to any I've seen before, but again, one I'd consider completely acceptable.
Playtime 3: A known backroute, but I decided against making a level update to just fix one level (especially a relatively easy one).
Playtime 13: And, here I am overlooking the whole reason I originally made that edge rough. xDDD Guess that was more of a "break" than a "fix". xD
My Lemmings projects