Author Topic: A 'Lemmings Updated/revised' pack  (Read 2713 times)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
A 'Lemmings Updated/revised' pack
« on: October 17, 2014, 05:27:02 PM »
I'm making a level pack that is to be a revised version of the original. Replacing some of the old levels with those from Genesis, ONML and the PSP. I'm also making some adjustments to levels and moving some around based on difficulty.

What I'd like to know is would anybody be interested in this for Lemmix? If not many care about this project then I'll only make a Lemmini version.

Also; would you like to see 5 or 6 ratings like Genesis had or just the 4 the original lemmings had?
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline exit

• View Profile
Re: A 'Lemmings Updated/revised' pack
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2014, 09:42:34 PM »
Lemmix seems to be a popular choice.

If you're planning on using the flexi player, then you can only have 5 ratings.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2014, 12:41:41 AM »
That is only true for traditional Lemmix, though. Flexi NeoLemmix can have up to 15.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 04:01:41 AM »
I'm making a level pack that is to be a revised version of the original. Replacing some of the old levels with those from Genesis, ONML and the PSP. I'm also making some adjustments to levels and moving some around based on difficulty.

What I'd like to know is would anybody be interested in this for Lemmix? If not many care about this project then I'll only make a Lemmini version.

Also; would you like to see 5 or 6 ratings like Genesis had or just the 4 the original lemmings had?

I like this project! I've been thinking of something very similar to this one, replacing all the unnecessary levels like Tricky 17 (in my opinion) and Mayhem 25 with much better levels.

That's a lot of levels you'll get from Genesis, ONML and PSP, so I think six ratings will be good enough. How many levels will there be for each rank?

For the PSP, are you using Luis's remakes?

Will you also include any of these levels (these can be viewed in the Extra Lemmix player or SuperLemmini)?
The COVOX and Lemmings Companion levels
Go for it! (Commodore Promotion Pack)
Lemming Lament (Commodore Promotion Pack)
Through the graveyard (Book Club)
Going their separate ways (Mac)
It's not over 'till it's over (Commodore Promotion Pack)
Something weighing on your mind? (Book Club)
Don't Make the Wrong Choice! (Commodore Promotion Pack)

You could also include the Sega levels from the SMS version, but you'll need to have a Lemmini version of the Sega style. Currently, there is only a Lemmix version; you'll have to ask namida more about it.

There should indeed be a Lemmix version. If there are five or six ranks, it should still be possible; namida was able to do a workaround to have seven ranks in the Lemmix version of Revenge of the Lemmings, so this shouldn't be a problem.
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 04:19:07 AM »
Indeed, if we are using traditional Lemmix (though if the aim is to be updated, wouldn't it make more sense to use NeoLemmix? - on that note, if you want a copy of the NeoLemmixised versions of the LVL files, it's as simple as hitting F4 on the title screen of any NeoLemmix player and it'll dump all the level files), I can do a workaround. It's simply that Flexi doesn't support it - but with a slightly customized version of LemMain and a hardcoded modification to how it reads MAIN.DAT, this can quite easily be worked around in a player built from source rather than by using Flexi.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)