Author Topic: Lix multiplayer - how would you rank yourself?  (Read 4355 times)

Offline Minim

• View Profile
Lix multiplayer - how would you rank yourself?
« on: August 04, 2014, 09:21:46 PM »
I know it's strange that someone who isn't into Lix very much is actually asking this question, and also to say that because of this small community we haven't played multiplayer for quite a while, but this is quite a curious question I'm asking. How would you rank yourself in a multiplayer game? This poll may possibly make for a fairer competition - especially if we share the same vote - if we decided to have a multiplayer session in the future.

For me, I'm such an amateur to be honest, even after some experience. There's a lot of things that will go on around you during a level such as where all the Lix are and what skills you have to pick. Without the pause button in play I just can't cope under these situations, unlike some people. That sort of thing just gives me headaches during play.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline NaOH

• View Profile
Re: Lix multiplayer - how would you rank yourself?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 09:32:00 PM »
Perhaps you should make the choices less specific, i.e. instead of
"An absolute professional who thrives under pressure" maybe just "An expert player"?

Offline RubiX

• Amiga <3 The memories
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 12:44:58 AM »
I just think theres should be 4 choices.

Something is definitely missing between choice 1 and 2.  So I chose 2
but if there was a rating between those first two choices, i think most of us hardcore players would probably choose that one.

Thing is, we can all beat eachother, but some can beat others much more frequently.  (talking 1on1 situations)   
I would definitely rate geoo and Simon as the best 2 players.

3 player games are great though, you can be a less experienced player and often do very well. 
After 3 players, things become very random for a winner, and can depend on so many things.

A person focusing solely on getting there own home without trying to mess with another person can often win.  But depending on who may be messing with you or leaving you alone, it just makes things very random, which is great.

Offline RubiX

• Amiga <3 The memories
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 12:56:43 AM »
Furthermore, even if you consider yourself a bad player or new player, it still changes things up for everyone else in game and makes others have to change their own strategies

example would be :  someone is stealing your lix.   Another experienced player will see this and have to stop that person from stealing so much which in return can help you, while trying to help himself by slowing the stealer back down.    It all adds up to changing the gameplay however skilled you are.

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 06:29:56 AM »
Perhaps you should make the choices less specific, i.e. instead of
"An absolute professional who thrives under pressure" maybe just "An expert player"?

OK. I changed them into less posh-sounding names if you wanted me to.

I just think theres should be 4 choices.

Something is definitely missing between choice 1 and 2.  So I chose 2
but if there was a rating between those first two choices, i think most of us hardcore players would probably choose that one.

Thing is, we can all beat eachother, but some can beat others much more frequently.  (talking 1on1 situations)   
I would definitely rate geoo and Simon as the best 2 players.

I certainly agree with that. Clam also fits in with the best, so that makes the Top 3.
I don't quite understand what you mean about the missing option between choice 1 and 2. Are you saying that there should be an option called "Someone who's good at stealing Lix"?
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2014, 06:55:13 AM »
I'd consider myself an expert player, but sorely lacking in practice on specific levels (especially more recent ones) which matters a lot.

geoo and Simon are the best players by far - I'd put them another tier above the other "experts". They play a lot, and it shows.

Online Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2014, 06:25:52 PM »
Between stronger players, you don't want to steal too much, you rather want to kill large packs quickly. Everything belonging to other people that walks near your hatch/exit is a thread, it's too risky to steal many.

Attention is a resource. If you know there's no sabotage possible in the next moments, you can neglect defense for now and concentrate on other areas. Therefore, the presence itself of saboteurs is enough to cause harm.

-- Simon

Offline RubiX

• Amiga <3 The memories
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2014, 08:51:18 PM »
Minimac I was meaning that the difficulty level gap between choices 1 and 2 sounded too big and we needed another option between them was all.   But changing the names to what you've done is better now anyway.

such as :

expert
semi-pro
intermediate
amateur

Offline NaOH

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2014, 06:27:48 PM »
Minimac I was meaning that the difficulty level gap between choices 1 and 2 sounded too big and we needed another option between them was all.   But changing the names to what you've done is better now anyway.

such as :

expert
semi-pro
intermediate
amateur

But that would be even worse for me because I would identify as less than semi-pro but slightly better than intermediate... maybe the less options the better :)

Offline RubiX

• Amiga <3 The memories
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2014, 09:43:05 PM »
Its the wording.  Maybe I should have called it just 'advanced'
then it sounds more suitable and I feel you would fit that category.