Author Topic: Lemmings 2 tribes favorite level.  (Read 3335 times)

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
Lemmings 2 tribes favorite level.
« on: July 17, 2014, 12:15:23 AM »
Hi everyone

I was thinking about starting a thread like this a while back but what the heck lets give this one a try, What's your favorite level from the lemmings tribes, I'll start off by telling you what my favorites levels are and to make things more interesting you are allowed to pick two or your top two I guess, also if you could pick two of your least favorite and two of your favorite as well again top two least favorite.

Lets see what level gets the most votes as being the best and the worse. If you could also give us a reason why you have picked the level as being the best and the worse.

http://tle.vaarties.nl/lemmings2/solutions/amiga/beach/1/10/

My first favorite level is level 10 from the Egyptian tribe (Pyramid of Despair!) I feel that this level has that maze like feel also it can be fun watching someone else who has never played lemmings tribes before watching them play that particular level for the first time, you see them all over the pyramid.  :thumbsup:

The next level I would like to pick for being good is level nine from the shadow tribe. (SPINNY THANG.... ) The reason I picked this one is you have to use the twister in such a narrow space of land to get up and once you complete that part it feels good. As it takes skill with this one also being able to used the fan correctly. Very good level in my opinion.  :thumbsup:

My least favorite levels hmmmmmm? Level nine from the classic tribe (Flying The Mad Pursuit) this level must take a lot patient just to get right also I feel that you might need a bit of luck near the end of the level to finish things off. A bit boring also I feel  :evil:

Sorry folks but I would have to pick another classic one as being the worst, this time it's level four. (Tension Sheet, Good Idea ) The reason I picked that one is I tend to find it extremely hard to get the digger and basher meeting up also I was not too sure how many lemmings you are allowed to lose on that one.  :evil:

Lets get voting everybody.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lemmings 2 tribes favorite level.
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 09:18:08 AM »
The best level is the medieval practise level. :-]

Take up archery is a good puzzle without the execution, it would heavily benefit from savestating.

Medieval 1 is a very atmospheric and peaceful level.

I agree on the problem of unknown allowed losses on Tension Sheet, Sports 1, etc.

However, Tension Sheet doesn't require much precision with the blocker-basher overlap. The main timing problem on Tension sheet is optional, it is the overlap of basher and miner for a save-all solution.

-- Simon

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 10:42:04 AM »
I'm actually hard pressed to go past the Medieval practice level too :P

My favourite "actual" level is Natural Selection - some may find it tiresome to assign a skill to each individual lemming, but I like the way it splits them off into three different paths. This provided the inspiration for my own L2/Lix level(s), Throw The Switch.

Least-favourites are Take Up Archery (many restarts assured) and So close but so far away (long, and unknown Gold target).

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2014, 03:26:34 PM »
Great thread idea!

Myself, I'm quite fond of Lemtris from the Classic Tribe's line-up, and, well, most of the Shadow Tribe levels (I love the atmosphere, and the TARDIS exits!). :thumbsup:

Off of the top of my head I can't think of any levels I really hate, but I'm inclined to concur with some of the least-favourites already listed.

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2014, 07:13:30 PM »
Haven't played L2 very often, but there are a few levels which I remember playing: Lunar Olympics is one of my favourites. I also like the first Sports level.

However, there are many more levels I particularly hate: A mere stones' throw, Ruper'z Questling (With both being very tedious) and as Clam mentioned Take up Archery. At least the latter is the last level in one of the packs.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2014, 10:45:26 PM »
Thanks everyone for your opinions.

I have to admit the shadow tribe is my second favorite probably for the same reason as Prob Lem was saying it has a good atmosphere and the way the levels are made quite nice.

The level (Take up archery) is another great example of using the skill to it's max, sort of like what I was mentioning about (Spinny thang) level from the shadow tribe where you have to be very precise with the twister, I'm usually not too bad at using the twister but I could imagine people struggling with that one also.

With the (RUPER'Z QUESTLING) level I always feel like I'm back routing this one as I usally skip by 3/4s of the level by using the roper to get right to the exit. I guess many of us do this sort of tactic then again I could be wrong  ;P

Interesting how two of you found the medieval practice one of your favorites.  :thumbsup:

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2014, 12:54:45 AM »
Interesting how two of you found the medieval practice one of your favorites.  :thumbsup:

It's certainly the level I've replayed the most times :)

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2014, 04:13:56 AM »
Just a thought, shouldn't we specify which versions we're referring to? After all, some solutions differ between them, and the SNES version (which DMA Design considered to be the definitive version of the game, if memory serves) has some fairly major changes in places, too, with the removal of catapults being quite a big one.

In my case, I was referring to the SNES version.

Offline nobody

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2014, 05:01:16 AM »
After playing through Lemmings 2 for the first time in years, I would say my favorite level was Cave 9 - The Evolution of Lemming. A really well designed puzzle whose solution is fun to execute -- that's what Lemmings is all about!

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2014, 10:03:15 PM »
That is a good level that Nobody mentioned even though it did have it's tricky parts to it such as trying to control the lemming jetpacks, Grrrrrrrrr  :evil: