Author Topic: Explosive mafia  (Read 15247 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Explosive mafia
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2014, 11:52:53 PM »
I will treat Ramon's post at 2014-06-29 09:46 UTC as an accusation against Timballisto. It is not mandatory to bold accusations, "I accuse X"/"I vote for X" without any conditions is okay, but bold accusations help me distinguish.

As a rules reminder, the day closes 24 hours after the last made/withdrawn accusation. Since Ramon's post was the only one so far, that's in about 10 hours.

Clarification in the original post: If there is a tie, the mayor must choose one of the tied players. (Previous wording: If there is a tie and the mayor has voted for a non-tied player, then bla bla; this assumed the mayor issued a vote.)

-- Simon

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2014, 06:28:13 AM »
Just a nice day In town but I notice something fishy in town
I have a bad feeling about one of the people

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2014, 08:34:16 PM »
ok, last time I agreed with [a person who turned out to be a mafia] to hold off on the first night and it worked out in our favor but I think that was very lucky. In retrospect, the mafia got incredibly bad luck last game. I feel like not trying such a risky approach again. [EDIT} just realized this isn't an option anymore.

I'm a little suspicious of geoo claiming that NaOH is probably a good guy, based on essentially nothing, but again I suppose this is what you must do near the beginning.

I'll second the accusation on Timballisto to get things going.

[edit] I didn't even look at the times I hope I'm not too late. Well I still didn't even read the rules so yeah... :XD:

everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2014, 08:40:14 PM »
Möbius, your vote would not have changed the game. :-)

The first day has ended, because there were no votes for 24 hours. Timballisto has been voted once (and once more belatedly) and there were no other votes. The town decides to lynch Timballisto, and discovers he was a walker.

Living players: geoo, Giga, möbius, NaOH, Ramon, RubiX
Living citizens: 1 1 1
Living evildoers: 2 1
Current mayor: NaOH
Dead players: Timballisto
  • The mafia may collaborate secretly, PM me and choose a player to assasinate.
  • The blocker may now PM me and choose a player to protect from the mafia.
  • The miner may now PM me and choose a player to investigate.
It is now night, please don't discuss in public.

-- Simon

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2014, 01:10:23 AM »
The mafia has assassinated Giga, who was the miner.

Living players: geoo, möbius, NaOH, Ramon, RubiX
Living citizens: 1 1
Living evildoers: 2 1
Current mayor: NaOH
Dead players: Timballisto, Giga

It is now day. Public discussion and voting may begin once more!

-- Simon

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2014, 02:36:27 AM »
Ok let's make it quick, we're 3 evil-doers against 2.5 good guys.
I'm a mafia member. The SHA-1 hash of my partner with a random 8 character string appended to it is 6e91fdb4c391df94c0222e4ba905a66e47aef134, generated via http://www.sha1-online.com/. (I'm not posting the name just yet, in case the exploder screws up in his judgement somehow.) Exploder, please reveal yourself, and verify your identity by blowing up NaOH. You don't have reason to trust me just yet, but once I've seen a sign of life from you, I ask for my partner to reveal himself, and then I'll post the original string that generates the hash from above to verify that he is indeed my partner (I mean, anyone could make a claim). Then you can trust us and blow up NaOH. I know it's a bit convoluted, but the hash thing is even more foolproof and a refined strategy of what I outlined in my previous post.
EDIT: Unless you're NaOH. Then of course blow someone else up, but not me or my partner in crime.

Offline NaOH

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2014, 02:51:43 AM »
Fudge. I was literally three seconds from posting that geoo saying he has "the hunch that our current mayor is one of the good guys" is him trying to sound like the miner, which is now clearly contradicted.

Whelp, clever move. I guess we can maybe try to crack the hash...

Edit: doesn't look like it's any simple capitalisation of any of the user names. Probably there's some junk data (salt) he's hashing, too. I don't feel like proving P=NP today, so I think I'll just watch. There's the very small possibility geoo's bluffing, and that the exploder won't check this thread in time, so...

geoo, I accuse you!

Online Ramon

• View Profile
    • JRK Studios
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2014, 09:52:09 AM »
Well well well. With the miner gone, this has surely turned interesting!

I accuse NaOH of being a citizen! (Wow it surely feels weird to say that in a Mafia game :P ) This is over now.  :evil:

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2014, 09:56:04 AM »
Fudge. I was literally three seconds from posting that geoo saying he has "the hunch that our current mayor is one of the good guys" is him trying to sound like the miner, which is now clearly contradicted.
That was the point of that statement, but now I don't need that anymore.

Yes, the salt is an 8-character string I appended. Good luck. :)

To the exploder: please reveal yourself, you can do the math yourself that shows that this is the best move right now. I and my partner will verify ourselves afterwards. Here, quote from my previous post: We are in a [...] situation of two mafia, one exploder and 2 good guys. One of the mafia members will then out himself and his partner, and the partner will verify that claim, thus the exploder will know the mafia and can vote off the good guys with them. The only chance for the good guys in this case is to pull the exact same trick, but the issue is that one of the good guys needs to guess on of the other good guys correctly for that, and the chance of that happening is 25% unless there's extra information in the game, and further more none of them may have been verified as good already. Note that voting off is actually not such a good idea, as someone could make a false exploder claim, and then together with that guy the mafia might vote off the real exploder. But the real exploder is, well, the only one that can actually explode, so this is the way to verify yourself and killing a good guy in the process, which brings us down to 2 mafia and 1 good guy, that the mafia can vote off then.

Ramon, if you are the exploder, can't you just blow up NaOH? It's safer and faster, and otherwise I can't trust you 100%, even though NaOH is most likely not the exploder and just voting her off like that would work too. I'll probably accuse her later tonight to make some extra time.

Offline RubiX

• Amiga <3 The memories
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2014, 02:01:29 PM »
I hope you dug your own grave with that pickaxe before you kicked the bucked Giga, no one else is around to do it for you!
harrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr harrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Happy Canada day eh

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2014, 08:54:27 PM »
well the game is afoot!

I explode and kill NaOH
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline NaOH

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2014, 11:00:26 PM »
Am I supposed to name my successor now, or wait until night falls?

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2014, 11:53:26 PM »
NaOH was a walker. möbius has exploded legally.

After the explosion, the remaining town consists of 1 2. This gives the mafia complete information on who to lynch and therefore win, even if the blocker becomes mayor.

I suggest to end the game here and give the evildoers the win.

If the last good player would like to play on, NaOH shall immediately declare another player mayor. The player's vote, if there is one, will count as 1.5 today already.

-- Simon

Offline NaOH

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2014, 11:57:06 PM »
The explosion was catastrophic. Chunks of lix and last night's wurst went flying everywhere. Miraculously, the mayor's crown and sash landed squarely on Ramon's head and shoulders.

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2014, 12:13:32 AM »
Ok just in case Ramon wants to keep playing, I accuse Ramon (of being a blocker)!