Author Topic: Explosive mafia  (Read 15249 times)

Offline RubiX

• Amiga <3 The memories
    • View Profile
Re: Explosive mafia
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2014, 02:50:40 AM »
Still need more players to get a solid game going

Offline Ramon

• View Profile
    • JRK Studios
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2014, 08:31:13 AM »
Ok just in case Ramon wants to keep playing, I accuse Ramon (of being a blocker)!

And I use my blocker abilities block the Mafia from voting today! Err... what, I can't do that? Bummer...  :P If the mayor vote counted as 2 and still broke ties, this could have still worked, at least one more night  :'( voting for geoo just in case the second Mafia guy doesn't show up!

Nah, it's hopeless, at a situation like this it's auto-win for Mafia anyway  :XD:

* Ramon prepares to run for his life

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2014, 03:39:24 AM »
So this is over now, or is it still technically ongoing?

Anyway, seems like the whole thing went downhill for the town when on day 1 Tim was pretty much voted off on nothing but a single random vote from a single person, as no one bothered to say anything in the admittedly perhaps-too-short 24-hour span.  Sure having more people definitely would've helped, but I'm also wondering if maybe we should briefly talk about how Day-1 are typically carried out in Mafia games as many people here are new to Mafia (me included, so yeah, who am I to say anything about this? :P)  Basically even though you would have no serious information to start with, you want to create information even by doing random accusations (which keep in mind is not necessarily completely random if the accuser turns out to be evil), and ideally should have more than one person being nominated (and by different people) to the hot seat at some point, and some efforts at counter-accusations as well even if also random.  The idea is to try to create, for the record, a starting pattern of accusations and counter-accusations.  While not especially illuminating at the start due to lack of info, on later days you can then reference back to these starting events (in addition to other data from events transpired since) as potential fuel for arguments and theories on who's affiliated with who for which side etc.

Of course no one's forcing anyone to play the "typical" way, but the alternative of nobody seemingly want to do or say anything of interest on day 1 is kinda not a great way to start the game.  Especially when the rules require a day-lynch anyway.

[With all that said, it is somewhat doubtful this would've help much in this round outcome-wise, since as noted by geoo from the very outset, you already start off in a situation where a bad lynch would give the evil side a strong winning strategy.  But at least it would make the day-1 more fun and interesting, and end with at least a little more firework rather than practically complete apathy like it did here.]