Author Topic: Lemmings Plus III - Development Topic  (Read 21424 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Lemmings Plus III (Release being prepared!) (Completion: 100%)
« Reply #75 on: July 21, 2014, 02:47:52 AM »
Well, I've decided to wrap up the testing phase now; got plenty of comments and backroutes from the testing team. I have a few more backroutes to fix, and a couple of other modifications to make to a couple of Timid and Dodgy levels; but release will be very close!

As usual - I'll create a new topic for release seperate from this development topic, and close this one. Be excited guys, LPIII is now VERY close! :D

EDIT: Progress update.

At this point, I received some last-minute replays from one of the testers. So what's left to do is anything that come up in those (I haven't watched them yet), and backroute fixes for four Fierce levels* - out of the ones I'd already seen I've already adressed everything in Dodgy and Rough.

* Or maybe three; one of them I haven't decided for sure if I will fix yet, as the backroute is still very difficult.

EDIT: Didn't start on the Fierce levels yet, but I looked at those replays, and there's one new backroute among them in Rough; a very easy one to fix though.

EDIT: Just keeping it updated. At this point, only Fierce 15 remains to be fixed. Fixing Fierce 12 turned out to be much harder than I expected - not to fix the level itself, but confirming it still remained possible. I had initially fixed it by reducing all three of climbers, bombers and builders - but in the end, I had to reinstate two of these and make some terrain modifications. And it still took a while for me to get the timing right in testing it (yes, it's a very fiddly level - but hey. It's Fierce 12. What do you expect? ... oh wait, "What Do You Expect?" was PSYCHO 10... okay, that was horribly lame :P ).
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Lemmings Plus III (Release being prepared!) (Completion: 100%)
« Reply #76 on: July 21, 2014, 08:01:56 AM »
Alright, release will almost definitely be within the next hour. And if not, it won't be far off that.

I've finished fixing everything that needs to be fixed, preparing the release version (just some adjustment to credits, and the right settings relating to cheat codes, etc), testing the fixed levels. Of course it's quite likely some backroutes still slipped through, especially since the latest fixed versions of some levels haven't been backroute tested by anyone other than myself; but I think I've held back for long enough - and I can always update it at some point.

The only thing remaining to do is a quick run-through to make sure all my replays still work, just to be sure I'm not releasing any broken (ie: impossible) levels, and then make the release topic. :D 100%ability list will come later - I have a preliminary one prepared, but for a few levels it only has "this level is impossible to 100%" rather than an actual maximum percentage.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)