Author Topic: SuperLemmini 0.104a  (Read 171534 times)

Offline Tsyu

• View Profile
Re: SuperLemmini 0.104a
« Reply #330 on: May 17, 2021, 09:02:40 AM »
WillLem sent an e-mail to Volker Oth, the author of Lemmini, asking for permission for SuperLemmini to include the Windows Lemmings assets. Volker replied, and WillLem sent me copies of his and Volker's messages.

From what I can tell, Volker forbids the inclusion of Windows Lemmings resources only to (possibly) stay out of legal trouble, and doesn't intend to actually enforce that policy. Also, he didn't seem to care what I do with SuperLemmini, at least as far as Lemmings assets are concerned.

So, I now announce that, starting with the next version of SuperLemmini, extraction from the Windows version of Lemmings will no longer be required; instead, all the required assets will be included, ready to use. This will address any problems related to the extraction process, and should make SuperLemmini a bit more accessible (since it won't require a version of a game that's probably long out of print).

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: May 17, 2021, 03:00:20 PM »
:party:

This is great news Tsyu, glad to hear it :thumbsup:

I'd also suggest merging root.lzp with the standard, user-accessible resource folders so that everything is in one place for easy access/customisation. However, I can understand if you'd rather not do this.

Also, I am more than happy to merge all exits (and other split objects) into a single graphic for ease of use in the Editor; I have attached a copy of the modified Marble exit as an example.

Further to this, I have recreated the "special" entrances and exits from the Beast I & II, MENACING and AWESOME levels. They are currently included with the remastered version of the original games, but you are more than welcome to merge these into the official styles (and by all means use the remastered levels themselves) if you wish.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 03:12:23 PM by WillLem »

Offline jkapp76

• View Profile
« Reply #332 on: May 18, 2021, 05:59:28 PM »
Hello, I'd like to share my High Quality music files for ONML...

https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=XZwY1nXZ8MBuyv8h9chezWzJ1iTCS0xY33yy
...Jeremy Kapp

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: May 18, 2021, 06:13:50 PM »
Hey jkapp76,

A while ago I PMed you about the level "The Snow Palace" from your pack Blizzard of Lems, which I downloaded from here: http://lemmings-db.camanis.net/levelpack/ag1zfmxlbW1pbmdzLWRichYLEglMZXZlbFBhY2sYgICAgNCzjAoM/. Are you able to confirm if the level is possible under the 10 minute time limit currently set for the level? I'm finding it impossible, but I have confirmed that the level can be solved if an additional minute is provided, i.e, if the time limit is 11 minutes instead of 10. All the other levels I have solved, so no need to check if they're possible. I'm just curious about "The Snow Palace"
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline jkapp76

• View Profile
« Reply #334 on: May 19, 2021, 03:55:26 AM »
There were two levels I wanted to edit to make them winnable. Must be only one apparently.
I got busy with life back in 2015 and tossed this together. You might have noticed a few community levels edited to make them easier (a fearful symmetry) was renamed from dreadful symmetry and fixed because it was awesome but unwinnable.

I worked on many of the levels editing different things. I can't even remember how to use the editor anymore. If you can edit this level and re-post it go ahead. I believe I was originally going to keep the time the same but change the abilities to make it winnable... but that was a long time ago.

I'm just lately getting back into it. I have lots of cool Icon packs, music, and lemmings too.

..Jeremy
« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 02:09:01 PM by jkapp76 »
...Jeremy Kapp

Offline jkapp76

• View Profile
« Reply #335 on: May 23, 2021, 02:19:11 AM »
Here's a link to my own personal icon set. I call this my "RoyGBiv" set because of the colors.

I've made several icon sets, but this is my favorite that I use all the time. I also made the Holiday set included in SuperLemmini.

...Jeremy Kapp
« Last Edit: June 08, 2021, 04:00:47 AM by jkapp76 »
...Jeremy Kapp

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: May 23, 2021, 02:51:53 AM »
Short summary of The Snow Castle level: With the 10-minute time limit, you simply run out of time with the final builder section at the very end. However, the level is doable with an extra minute, but just barely. Since the time limit is 10 minutes, that must mean that you had a good reason for that and you were able to solve it. The only other way is to

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed

Offline jkapp76

• View Profile
« Reply #337 on: May 23, 2021, 03:47:12 AM »
I can't seem to get an editor to work. can you fix and upload?
...Jeremy Kapp

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #338 on: May 23, 2021, 03:14:51 PM »
Here's a link to my own personal set of Icons. I call this my "RoyGBiv" set because of the colors.

Nice! Thanks for sharing these - please do share some of your others as well :lemcat:

I can't seem to get an editor to work

Can you elaborate? What exactly is the problem you're experiencing and which editor are you trying to use?

Offline jkapp76

• View Profile
« Reply #339 on: May 23, 2021, 04:41:24 PM »
Here's a link to all my icon sets.  I prefer the versions with text at the top.

I made this standard set as an official replacement for superlemmini so it would match the xmas style I made that's now part of superlemmini better.

You can mix and match from all these too.

...Jeremy Kapp
« Last Edit: June 08, 2021, 03:57:56 AM by jkapp76 »
...Jeremy Kapp

Offline jkapp76

• View Profile
« Reply #340 on: May 25, 2021, 02:23:44 PM »
I have NLeditor.   maybe this is the wrong editor. but I can't remember how to edit the level .ini file. I just realized I can edit the time with notepad though.

...Jeremy Kapp
« Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 04:44:00 PM by jkapp76 »
...Jeremy Kapp

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #341 on: May 27, 2021, 01:57:27 AM »
I've made this post detailing which Editors can be used for SL (including downloads) :lemcat:

Offline Chthon

• View Profile
« Reply #342 on: June 03, 2021, 05:53:26 AM »
Hi there, I registered just to say "thanks" for this. :thumbsup:

Well, that, and also to report a bug and request a few features:

BUG: If Java 11 JVM is used, the asset extraction fails with an error that says, "Unable to patch file gfx/lemming/lemm_basher_2p.png. Size of source differs from that in patch header." It works if I use the Java 8 JVM instead. I suspect something got deprecated between Java 8 and Java 11 and no longer provides its old functionality. Since I didn't experience the same problem in Michael J. Walsh's Lemmini fork, I'm thinking that maaaaaybe this commit might fix it.

Feature Requests:
  • Hotkey for "restart this level" (Michael Walsh commit)
  • "Play Level" on the home screen should fetch last difficulty and level for the current player and jump to first unfinished level. (Can be adapted from this Michael Walsh commit)
  • Fullscreen and integer scaling options (Can be borrowed from Michael Walsh; spread over several commits)
  • (Really, lots of Michael Walsh's stuff looks worth borrowing. Except I don't care for how his home screen looks.)
  • Scroll speed slider. The default is painfully slow.
  • Option for xBR scaling instead of bilinear.
    • It looks like someone ported xBRZ to Java, and hopefully their class is portable enough to just drop in.
    • xBR looks best when scaling by a power of 2, then downscaling with bilinear or whatever to the target scale factor.
    • xBR looks better when assets are scaled independently, then composited (rather than scaling the whole video frame).
    • Following from the above, it might make sense to keep the scaled lemming spites in memory.
  • Some hotkeys to temporarily alter the behavior of the "advanced select" feature:
    • Hotkey 1: "While this key is held down, the cursor will NOT follow the highlighted lemming.
    • Hotkey 2: "While this key is held down, the cursor will NOT follow the highlighted lemming, and only a lemming that is facing LEFT can be selected.
    • Hotkey 3: "While this key is held down, the cursor will NOT follow the highlighted lemming, and only a lemming that is facing RIGHT can be selected.

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: June 12, 2021, 09:30:05 AM »
Hi Jeremy,

Here's your level "The Snow Palace" from your Blizzard of Lem pack. This is the original, meaning I haven't edited it or anything, just simply the copy from the Lemmings Database link above. I prefer not to touch/edit people's levels and would rather the author of the level edit it. Sorry that it took me a while. Load the level via the external function in SL and try your level and see if you're able to beat the level under the 10-minute timer, which is the time limit that you set for the level when you released the pack. I'm finding it impossible, but if you are given 11 minutes then it's possible, although time is still quite tight. In regards to editing the time limit, it's just a simple matter of opening the attached .ini and editing the time in there.

For the link to your pack that you uploaded to the Lemmings Database, see my reply from a few posts above.

Offline jkapp76

• View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 13, 2021, 12:01:06 AM »
Yes. I made that pack in 2015. I had some major things happen in life and rushed the pack and didn't test it well enough. I think I was going to add a couple bashers or something but keep the 10 minute time. But that was 6 years ago now. I'm just now getting back into super lemmini. been a long time.

I am glad to hear that at least two people enjoyed that pack. I edited many of those levels to try to keep a progressive difficulty. Maybe that's not how others do it now... But I wanted to fill the lack of a good full winter pack then.

I'm having lots of fun now playing these new packs on super lemmini. I am also working through lemmings revolution... I got it working under windows 10 finally.

You can feel free to do anything you want with my pack...use parts, edit it or rename it. I had to fix many exit locations in 2015 because the lemmings wouldn't jump in, And a few other little things like that.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2021, 12:18:54 AM by jkapp76 »
...Jeremy Kapp