Author Topic: PimoLems - Big custom pack for Lemmini  (Read 34065 times)

Offline KewlioMZX

• Oh God, my tract!
    • View Profile
Re: PimoLems - Big custom pack for Lemmini
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2013, 03:42:42 AM »
Sorry if that seemed abrupt, but I was really only joking. XD Though it'd be interesting to see a Lemmings pack with blackjack and hookers...not sure how that would work.

Anyway, glad you at least liked them :3 These and many more songs make up my playlist while growing up, when connections were dialup and hard drives were small relative to now.

Offline Lopsy

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2013, 09:01:12 PM »
Hey, roundthewheel linked me here. His videos got me into the world of Lemmings a month ago, and now that he's Let's Playing PimoLems, I decided to try to beat each level before he uploads his video of it. Up to now I've succeeded, but now that I'm in Stormy, I'm bashing my head against the real blockades  :XD:

So far, I'm really enjoying this pack! Most levels hinge on a clever lynchpin, and there's not much annoying precision. (...so far.) I especially enjoyed:

Diggers Mania
The Hiking Tour
For The Greater Good
Bibbledi-Bobbledi-Boo
No Justice For Heroes
Thunderclap

I've been PMing Pieuw some replays and backroutes, but I haven't actually posted here yet. So... hi, everyone!

Offline Akseli

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2013, 09:40:43 PM »
Hi Lopsy, and welcome to the forums! :)

Wow, are you saying that you had never played Lemmings before until last month? :o Because if PimoLems is your first Lemmings experience ever, you're doing pretty magnificent work!

Well yeah, I can say that I am very, very fond of this level pack. This is one of these rare packs that I simply can't play just once, I'm actually currently doing my second playthrough of this pack after its release. :D There's so much to discover, so much details, even some deeper layers in some levels that might not be noticed at the first time, and I love trying to find challenge solutions for these levels.

I'd love to discuss about PimoLems, so please don't hesitate at all to say anything you have in mind! : ) My favourite level from your list is Bibbledi-Bobbledi-Boo, which is a level that reflects well the whole PimoLems in a way you said: "Most levels hinge on a clever lynchpin."

Offline Lopsy

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2013, 10:33:40 PM »
Askeli: Well, not quite. I had Oh No! More Lemmings when I was 9 or 10 years old. But back then I could only beat the Tame levels.

Last month, I watched roundthewheel's DoveLems series. Inspired, I dusted Lemmings off, and with new strategies in hand, eventually got halfway through Taxing and Wicked in the main games. Now I'm focusing on PimoLems until it finally defeats me. (And right now, Stormy - Broad Pit is driving me loopy.)

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2013, 12:28:40 AM »
Hi everyone (Wellcome to the forum Lopsy)

I think I might remember the Thunderclap level from the past if it's the same level layout.  The name sounds familiar.

roundthewheel has a fun approach to his you tube videos, good seeing someone doing a lets play play through one of your favourite games. 

I can't miss the action I'm going to jump right into Pieu levels,

My dad and I were playing the oh no more lemmings two player today which has 10 levels, I beat him 5:3.

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2013, 12:02:45 AM »
Lopsy

You must give lemmings two the tribes a try also brilliant game.

Offline Gronkling

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2013, 11:25:47 PM »
OK, I finally finished this pack (Apart from the extras), and what can I say that hasn't already. It was good!  :) I sent some backroutes I found in a message. This is probably the most complete and professionally made pack I've played.

Some of my favourite levels were:
Blue Monday (This level took the longest to complete at around 3 days and I still only found a backroute. Also that random star at the far left)
Step on it! (The solution is beautiful and fun)
Timing & Space (Again really nice solution)

Offline Pieuw

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2013, 11:06:59 AM »
Thanks a lot Gronkling !

I fixed some of these backroutes, but when it was a "stupid" solution that is clearly not intended and is a pain to execute (Craving to Burrow for example) I didn't change anything.

Some of these were not backroutes though ! :D
 - Cuba Libra, I know this one is easier than most of Hurricane levels but I put it last because i thought it would be cool to finish the rating on this amazing trick.
 - Extremely Lem and blahblahblah : yes this one is extra lame, but the original solution was too backroutable so I made this stupid solution instead.
 - Marble Gallery, There are more than one way to solve this one and you got the main idea so... it's cool.
 - Rod Island... maybe this one seemed random to you but your solution was perfectly intended.
 - The Escape Artists, the extra tools are simply red herrings.
 - Unwilling Funambulist : as long as you use this miner trick, I don't mind about the rest !

Oh and this star in Blue Monday... it was here by accident at first, and when I removed it Akseli said something like "Why did you remove it, it was cool !"... so I put it back. That was the story of the Blue Monday lone star.

And while I'm here, welcome to Lopsy and grams88 on this topic ! :thumbsup:

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2013, 01:06:39 PM »
Hi Pieuw

Enjoying your levels :thumbsup:

I'm stuck on the level (rule of three) the sand one. I've tried three different tactics but still not finding the solution at all even though I have an idea but it is a hard one to pull off.  ??? Sorry I have to ask is this level possible? please forgive me for asking (lol)

I've watch some of roundthewheels videos but I'm trying not to watch the ones that give the solution away still it's good to see how he's solving the levels, especially the abacus level, actually I think I might have thought of an unusual solution to that level, (might work might not) kind of similar to his one.  8)

Offline Pieuw

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2013, 01:50:18 PM »
Hey grams !

Of course this level is possible ! There are no unsolvable levels in PimoLems, Akseli and I made sure of it. :D
This one is a little tough on precision, the hard part is to time the bomber correctly. If you really need help send me a pm and I'll try to give you a clue.

Offline ssam1221

• View Profile
    • My custom lemmings download and solution videos
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2013, 09:38:56 AM »
Hi Pieuw

I'm challenging your levelpack, and maybe I find backroute - Stormy 14 - Lemesis.

I solve this level without using 1 bomber and 1 basher.

See attachment. - He checked it, so removed.

Offline Pieuw

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2013, 10:04:00 AM »
Yes, backrouted !
Thanks, I'll try to fix it. ;P

Offline rtw

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2013, 08:07:22 PM »
So Logical is killin' me right now :XD:

Offline Akseli

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2013, 01:31:20 PM »
OK, I finally finished this pack (Apart from the extras), and what can I say that hasn't already. It was good!  :) I sent some backroutes I found in a message. This is probably the most complete and professionally made pack I've played.
Congratulations Gronkling, I think I said this already, but you might be the first to finish this level pack! I can't be count because I did so much beta testing. :P It's a great performance to beat PimoLems, some of the hardest levels are very tough.
And yea I like that random star in Blue Monday. :P

So Logical is killin' me right now :XD:
Oh yeah, this level is pretty hard, it could even fit to Hurricane rating in my opinion. I think Pieuw initially was planning to put So Logical as the first level of Stormy rating, but I mentioned that it's waaaay harder. :P I find that this is the part of the main ratings where things are getting significantly difficult, Stormy 15-20 and Hurricane are pretty challenging.

Offline Pieuw

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2013, 08:35:39 PM »
Ok I may have underestimated this level a bit... but it's not about crazy precision or weird technique, the title tells the truth : the solution is logical, you just have to think outside the box a little. I hope this one won't kill all your neurons. :-[