Author Topic: PimoLems - Big custom pack for Lemmini  (Read 34070 times)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
Re: PimoLems - Big custom pack for Lemmini
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2013, 11:38:15 PM »
What are the skills and stats for that level? Since it's one of the ones we have a picture of, I'm getting pretty curious about it :)

Offline Akseli

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2013, 06:00:18 AM »
What are the skills and stats for that level? Since it's one of the ones we have a picture of, I'm getting pretty curious about it :)

Lemmings: 10
Save: 9 (90%)
Release rate: 1
Time: 2 minutes
Skills: 9 climbers, 1 floater, 2 blockers, 3 builders, 1 miner, 1 digger :)

Offline ssam1221

• View Profile
    • My custom lemmings download and solution videos
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2013, 02:13:04 PM »
So Logical is killin' me right now :XD:

If I have just 1 more Builder / Miner / Digger, I can solve this level....

Offline rtw

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2013, 03:32:58 PM »
I figured it out. It took seven hours of hashing it out while doing menial labor at work but I did it. This is starting to get intense.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2013, 01:02:57 AM »
huh, I have to agree with Pieuw on this one, I didn't find 'So Logical' that hard actually.  :-\ Of course I'm finding the easier levels incredibly hard...
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Akseli

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2013, 10:23:57 PM »
I found 'So Logical' quite hard, because in addition to that tight puzzle, the solution has some parts that could easily confuse especially more casual players. Spoilers:
1. Release rate adjusting right at the beginning.
2. Blocker releasing, especially because that destructible terrain area is very thin beneath him.
3. Builders, particularly those last two, must be assigned in such places that one could think the builder lemming will knock his head to the ceiling. The solution is well hidden also due to some misleading structures, like those below the exit.

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2013, 10:04:10 PM »
Hi everyone

I had a bit of trouble trying to run the lemmini program the last couple of days but at least I've got it working now.  I might maybe play more of Pieu levels still at that sand one but I think I know how to solve it this time.   

Offline rtw

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2013, 03:10:26 PM »
Is there a trick or something I'm missing on "Candelabrum"? I just do not get how everything divides up.....

EDIT: Never mind, got it.

Offline ssam1221

• View Profile
    • My custom lemmings download and solution videos
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2013, 03:30:51 PM »
Is there a trick or something I'm missing on "Candelabrum"? I just do not get how everything divides up.....

This level is really hell.

I use some trick and micro-control, and solved this level.

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2013, 09:09:09 PM »
That's me on the diving area level as this reminds of the one I did a long time ago but with a easier solution from what I remember . :thumbsup:  I liked the timing and space level as it's the whole problem of trying to get them going the right way.   

I've been enjoying your videos rtw, you are well ahead of myself anyway no cheating for me by taking sneaky peaks at your solutions. :)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2013, 12:05:45 AM »
I noticed a few things:
In Diamond Ribs are those thin platforms at the exit decoration or is that exit helper terrain pieces left over from the WinLems version  :D

you've fixed the back routes in Bibblidi-Bobblidi-Boo. you also removed the trap.  I don't mind hidden traps like that so much.  :P

I solved Rule of three differently than rtw, not sure if it is backroute or not. I'll send a replay (if you don't want replays uploaded here)

I really liked Timing and Space as well, it seems weird and impossible at first but then I quickly realized the idea but I still had to try a bunch of things to get it to work right.

I noticed something about your levels; I always seem to come close to solving them but I turns out my method is slightly off or I missed something minor and causes me all kind of trouble. This has happened a few times now.

I personally find both Bibblidi-Bobblidi-Boo and A Breezy Breeze harder than So Logical. I'm still stuck on A Breezy Breeze and Try to Compromise before you cue. The changes in A Breezy Breeze haven't effected my progress on this level at all  :XD:

Merchant Ship was another favorite of mine.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Pieuw

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2013, 11:22:35 AM »
Hehe, yep. You can recognize some levels that come from Lemmings95 because of the lower exits or terrains that help lemmings to get into it.

In Bibbledi-Bobbledi-Boo, I just thought the hidden trap was too much. The puzzle is about bombing/bashing, and stopping the basher with a miner. Adding a precision bombing wasn't feeling right to me.

I'll take a look at your replay (I have lots of replay to watch and levels to fix but don't have the motivation these days. It'll come back). But it's always awesome to have some feedback, so thank you ! :)

I hope you won't get stuck for too long in these levels. Try To Compromise... isn't that hard, in fact the solution is pretty simple. And I don't say that to frustrate you :D

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2013, 01:30:58 PM »
I done the rule of three different as well to rtw, I posted part of my solution on rtw you tube under the name Tgreyhair.  I remember merchant Ship from an older pieuw level pack, nice looking level from what I remember. I solved (So Logical) yesterday well I won't mention the solution here but I might have a look at Akseli's solution to see if it was the same one.   

Have you solved a breezy breeze yet mobius?  That was a interesting level which I solved the same way as rtw almost.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2013, 12:47:50 AM »
I watched one of RTW's videos and realized I made a simple but really dumb mistake on: Try to Compromise before you cue. For some reason I thought you could only lose one lemming  :XD: So yeah, the digger trick is not that hard and that's not what I was having problems with. Good level.  :)

I gave up on Breezy Breese,  but I must say the solution is unique and neat! I don't think I've seen many levels use this trick (at least in this exact way)

Also when watching RTW, from your comment I realized I also backrouted Timing and Space  :o the climbers+floaters aren't needed? really? Wow, the level is tougher than I thought.

I just solved the diving area, I really liked this level.  :thumbsup:
Now I'm stuck on Broad Pit, even though I watched the solution long ago when it was on your channel  :D

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline Pieuw

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2013, 11:13:41 AM »
Well done Möbius :thumbsup:

Timing & Space is one of those (rare) levels for which I don't really mind backroutes. As long as you manage to make the lemmings fall to the lower platform and walk to the right direction in a creative way, I guess it's okay!