Author Topic: jLevelBuilder 1.88 (june, 9th 2021)  (Read 100169 times)

Offline LJLPM

• View Profile
Re: jLevelBuilder 1.67
« Reply #210 on: January 05, 2014, 06:19:18 PM »
Yes, all the tilesets I will create for my game will be freely available (therefore you'll be able to use them in Lix).
... but neither the game nor the tilesets are finished yet... :(

Offline LJLPM

• View Profile
Re: jLevelBuilder 1.68
« Reply #211 on: January 07, 2014, 08:43:08 PM »
beta 1.68 is available (http://www.lesjeuxlesplusmieux.com/jlevelbuilder.html). What's new?
- added "Fast Selection" feature
- added "Swap Entities' Positions" feature

- "Fast Selection"
in the "Options" menu, there's a new entry: "Fast selection when using the rectangular selection". Enable this option to select your level's items as soon as the selection rectangle you're drawing hits an item: it's useful for making mass selections (by default, this option is not enabled, allowing you to make narrower and more precise selections).

- "Swap Entities' Positions"
Next to the two already-existing "Swap Entities' Insert Order" and "Reindex" buttons, there's now a new handy button: "Swap Entities' Positions". Simply select 2 entities, and then click the "Swap Pos" button to swap the location of the 2 selected items (please remember that when swapping Objects or Steel pieces, you may have some Auto-Snap settings enabled! /// Options => Auto-snap settings).

the red arrows show the 2 selected items (a pillar and a brick), and the orange arrow shows the result after having clicked on the "Swap Pos" button

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 07, 2014, 11:34:48 PM »
By the way, since you're interested in 2-player lemmings, you really should read this topic, which contains some very thoughtful analysis of multiplayer by geoo and Clam.

Offline LJLPM

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 08, 2014, 07:07:56 PM »
I wasn't aware of this topic so thanks for the link! :D

--------------------

working on my "Pillar" tileset.

Another shot with this tileset

Offline LJLPM

• View Profile
Re: jLevelBuilder 1.69
« Reply #214 on: January 12, 2014, 02:09:10 PM »
beta 1.69 is available (http://www.lesjeuxlesplusmieux.com/jlevelbuilder.html). What's new?
- bug fix: frozen items can no longer be deleted
- bug fix: "Select Same" feature (keyboard shortcut is "H") no longer ignores entity types (Terrains, Objects, Steel, Helpers)

Offline LJLPM

• View Profile
Re: jLevelBuilder 1.70
« Reply #215 on: March 07, 2014, 11:07:35 AM »
beta 1.70 is available (http://www.lesjeuxlesplusmieux.com/jlevelbuilder.html). What's new?
- added more snaplines in "snap-to-item" mode (to enter this mode, press 's' when an item is selected /// and for a classic snapgrid, just press 's' with no item selected)
- in "snap-to-item" mode, when you're dragging your selected item(s), press 'CTRL' to use item(s)'s bottom-right corner as snapping point (instead of the top-left corner, by default). And, when snapping, please remember that some auto-snap settings may interfere (in this case, go to "Options > Auto-snap settings", and fix your values).

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 07, 2014, 03:24:31 PM »
somehow I missed some of these posts. The graphics are looking very cool!  :thumbsup:
I plan to download the latest version of the editor and tinker around again. I'd like to make some unique and pretty looking levels with it.  :)

LJLPM: I seem to remember having this issue before but I could be wrong; your webpage is blocked by my antivirus.

-------
tiles move around a lot better now  :thumbsup: it lagged a lot previously.
I noticed something odd though with the editor, when editing a crystal level. Sorry if this was already brought up, but anything that's colored black seems to be transparent over objects. This only happens with Objects, if the terrain is over top.

oh one important thing: I want to clear something up that maybe doesn't need clearing up but I said something wrong earlier; Lemmini does NOT require ANything to be lined up to the DOS grid. I tested this pretty thoroughly, it's true. Maybe this was never implied, I'm not too good at understanding things. In any case; you don't have to enable any kind of feature to fix things to any kind of special grid, I felt like such a retard when I figured this out.
I'm still experiencing the bug where I cannot move objects to the right [at all]. And the whole aligned to grid thing is now pointless and a tad bothersome. I'm sorry if I'm the one who influenced you to add this.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline LJLPM

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 07, 2014, 09:00:49 PM »
- About the black/transparent color: in the editor, the level's background color is set to full black (0x000000) by default, and Terrains' and Objects' black pixels are not drawn (= bg color). The transparency issue you found occurs because Crystal tileset's sprites use black.
Anyway, jLevelBuilder's transparent color is freely editable in the "config.ini" file => see the "LEVEL_BACKGROUND_COLOR" parameter (it sets a RGB value in hexadecimal format): to fix the problem, simply replace LEVEL_BACKGROUND_COLOR's 000000 by 000001 (this subtle change will do the trick).

- Auto-snap settings for Terrains, Objects, and Steel items are freely editable within the editor: go to "Options > Auto-snap settings".
Moreover, in the "config.ini" file, you can freely edit the auto-snap settings' default values (see the AUTOSNAP_TERRAINS_X/Y, AUTOSNAP_OBJECTS_X/Y, ... parameters). Setting a value of "0" means no auto-snap on the specified axis: maybe it's what you're looking for.

*** wip screenshot ***

Offline LJLPM

• View Profile
Re: jLevelBuilder 1.75
« Reply #218 on: December 09, 2014, 05:43:28 PM »
new version of jLevelBuilder is out (v1.75)

For the late comers:
=============
- jLevelBuilder is a free Java-coded level-editor that is suitable for designing Lemmings1 levels for Lemmini (jLB fully supports .ini and .lvl files). Of course, levels made in jLB can be loaded in (Neo)Lemmix Editor and (Super)Lemmini (initially -may 2013-, I created jLevelBuilder for designing levels for the Lemmings-like game I'm coding for Android)
- installation/how to start with jLevelBuilder? Well, just put your tilset's graphics in jLB's /resources/tilesets/Lemmings/tileset_name folders, then click on the executable jLevelBuilder.jar file, and you're ready to create levels (jLB works on PC/Mac/Linux computers, assuming you have Java installed on your computer of course).

What's new:
=============
- before v1.75, some actions, some features where only doable using keyboard shortcuts. But for this new version, I took time to properly add buttons, options and menus for all the things that were "hidden" behind keyboard shortcuts, and therefore you may not be aware of (please remember that all actions and keyboard shortcuts are always listed on jLB's official webpage (see download link, below).
You'll probably discover things that were here but you didn't know. I mainly think about drawing modes such as "(Random)Brush Mode", "Fill-Area Brush", "Straight-Path Mode", "Hand-Drawn Path Mode", and "Bezier Curves Mode". I also think about the SnapGrid and the Guide Lines features. And, of course, there are the convenient "QuickSave Selection" and "QuickLoad Selection" options, too! Just try these options (as well as "cloning", "locking", "freezing", etc... selections) ; they can really ease your task when designing levels: it's all about efficiency and doing things fast!
- I've also added an "Auto-Steel" feature: in your level, simply click on the item(s) you want to "Auto-Steel", and, then, all the similar items you'll later add to your level will automatically include a Steel piece based on the reference item's dimensions.
- and, of course, there are some bug fixes in this release.

Last words about going fast in jLevelBuilder: there are a lot of keyboard shortcuts indeed (you can redefine them in the "Options/KeyConfig" menu), but there is also the convenient "Command Menu" that you can call by hitting SPACE ; it's a handy shortcut for obtaining a quick access to the editor's main options!

JLevelBuilder is 1590px-wide. If it's too wide for your screen, just edit the config.ini file, and set your favorite value for the "GUI_WIDTH=" entry (it's the 1st editable value in the config file).

download jLevelBuilder 1.75: http://lesjeuxlesplusmieux.com/jlevelbuilder.html

=> and in case you missed it, you can also freely download JLevelBrowser: http://www.lemmingsforums.com/index.php?topic=1060.0

Offline LJLPM

• View Profile
Re: jLevelBuilder 1.76
« Reply #219 on: January 02, 2015, 04:45:27 PM »
I found a bug in jLB when dealing with .lvl files: I've just uploaded v1.76 which fixes the bug.
download jLevelBuilder 1.76: http://lesjeuxlesplusmieux.com/jlevelbuilder.html

By the way, just to have a rough idea about the number of people that are actually interested in jLevelBuilder, I set a poll in this topic, so feel free to answer (it seems that I'm the only one who uses it? ;P). And if you find bug(s) in jLB, feel free to report them, of course!

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 02, 2015, 10:40:14 PM »
I tried it and, while it definitely has some great uses, I found it so radically different from Lemmix that I know it would take me quite a while to figure it out and get fast with it. I might try it again. The randomize features are something I could find very useful.

What I'd really like is a feature that makes inserting terrain pieces onto the map quicker/easier. In Lemmix, its slightly tedious; you must press insert then open the window and search through all the list to change it to the one you want. Or copy/paste a whole lot.
I don't remember how it works in Jbuilder. IT'd be nice if you could drag and drop items from the panel on the left (in your latest screenshot)
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline LJLPM

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 02, 2015, 10:51:34 PM »
What I'd really like is a feature that makes inserting terrain pieces onto the map quicker/easier.
It's already here.

In Lemmix, its slightly tedious; you must press insert then open the window and search through all the list to change it to the one you want. Or copy/paste a whole lot.
I don't remember how it works in Jbuilder. IT'd be nice if you could drag and drop items from the panel on the left (in your latest screenshot)
In jLevelBuilder, inserting Terrains or Objects in a level is very easy!
It's not a "drag'n drop" (I might see this in a future version), but it's just a "double-click" on the piece.

The panel on the right, is the optional floating window that you can activate from jLB's "Options" menu.

You can double-click on any Terrain, Object, or Steel piece from:
- 1) the horizontal thumbnail list
- or 2) from the vertical 1:1-sized item list
- or 3) from the optional floating window (if open)
(or, if you prefer, instead of "double-clicking", you could press the keyboard's "INSERT" key)

And, Copy/Paste actions are also available: just press "CTRL-V" on any selected item(s) in the level.
("CTRL-C" is for "cloning" the selected piece(s))

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 02, 2015, 10:56:11 PM »
The poll is missing an option for "Haven't tried it yet".

The last time I made a Lemmings level, we were still putting together the  :lix:  community set so of course I used  :lix:  . Since then, my level-design has been taken up by the release of the new DROD game and a Repton project. I hope I will have time to come back to Lemmings at some time in the future, and then I would love to try your builder out.

Offline LJLPM

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 02, 2015, 11:02:52 PM »
The poll is missing an option for "Haven't tried it yet".

Indeed! You're right! I've added the missing option :)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #224 on: January 03, 2015, 12:03:18 AM »
You added support for SuperLemmini features?
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)