Author Topic: Custom Level Remake  (Read 20084 times)

Offline Luis

• View Profile
Custom Level Remake
« on: October 25, 2011, 04:58:09 AM »
Does anyone have a level that you created and want to see be remade in the PSP Lemmings's editor? I can even make a video of the gameplay of that level. The level has to be from the original themes, like dirt, pillar, hell, marble and crystal.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Level Remake
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 08:14:25 AM »
If you're still interested in this, you could try one of the early levels in this pack. Any of the first four levels should be simple enough to put together, but my pick would be "Play Bridge" - which I remade for the SMS version here, and turned out to be remarkably playable on that version :).

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 10:08:42 AM »
Maybe it'd be interesting to see PSP versions of the Sega Genesis/Megadrive levels.  I'll point you to a website that has screenshots for those when I can dig up the URL, or maybe you can try Google.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 12:51:10 PM »
No requests, but if you need something to do feel free to remake mine.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 01:14:47 PM »
I'll do Play Bridge. I'm gonna have to beat the level first, just so I can make sure the solution is exactly the same, when I make the video, so you can try and tell me how to beat it. I love seeing the SNES and PSP levels transforming into each other.

I just remembered that this blue ice terrain is suppose to be those brown stuff in the PSP crystal theme but unfortunately that brown terrain is not in the PSP editor for some reason.

Edit: I beat the Play Bridge level. Now I will start building it.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2011, 02:28:28 PM »
I was a bit disappointed with the editor, to be honest, because the main game is clearly all pre-rendered terrain and has more variation and extra bits floating around here and there, and so on, while the editor is difficult to use and based on tiles.

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2011, 07:21:11 PM »
I finished the Play Bridge level.

I found out in the Lemmix version of Play Bridge is that it's possible to save everyone and get 100%, but you'll need to be fast on clicking the Lemmings at the right time.

The video of the PSP version.
Lemmings PSP: Play Bridge
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2011, 07:51:07 PM »
Nice work! :thumbsup: I quite like the contrast of colours in the PSP version, whereas everything is pink in the Lemmix version. Sad to hear the editor doesn't give you all the terrain pieces to play with, that is somewhat limiting in terms of visual designs at least.

Out of interest, does the editor let you mix tilesets, or are you restricted to a single tileset like in Lemmix?

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2011, 08:06:56 PM »
You can use any tilesets on any theme, meaning you can put Egypt pillars on the Crystal, Dirt, Marble and Hell themes. All terrains from all themes can be put in one level, even the traps too. I sometimes play my Egypt level in the Marble background.

Maybe it'd be interesting to see PSP versions of the Sega Genesis/Megadrive levels.  I'll point you to a website that has screenshots for those when I can dig up the URL, or maybe you can try Google.

I went to Planet Lemmings and saw the levels and some of the original levels are smaller. :o Is it because of memory space or is the levels too big? There's some that I never seen before. Maybe those are the ones you were talking about it. They all look small, so building one won't take too long to make, but I never played it before, so I'll have to look for the solutions.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2011, 10:29:25 PM »
I went to Planet Lemmings and saw the levels and some of the original levels are smaller. :o Is it because of memory space or is the levels too big? There's some that I never seen before. Maybe those are the ones you were talking about it. They all look small, so building one won't take too long to make, but I never played it before, so I'll have to look for the solutions.

Yep, you found the webpage I was going to link you to. ;) Yeah, they are actually smaller because of memory space limitations on the console.  Some are simply ports of PC levels but many are unique to the Genesis version, especially the ones in the two brand new ratings of Present and Sunsoft.  These unique levels are the ones I'd like to see remakes for.  There are plenty and you don't have to do every single one of them.  I can come up with a list of recommended levels to remake later, based on reviews threads found somewhere on this forum (from ages ago).

Some of the levels from the new ratings may be harder than the average levels in the original, so feel free to PM me if you need any help.  Although, most likely Google can yield a walkthrough or two if you so desire. ;)

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2011, 12:15:01 AM »
So tempted to do this myself with one of my own levels, but I don't know how to get it off my PS2........

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2011, 05:16:53 AM »
So tempted to do this myself with one of my own levels, but I don't know how to get it off my PS2........

Do you mean how to show your levels with the PS2 on the computer? To shows pictures, you'll need a digital camera, or to make a video of it, I recommend getting a Dazzle. It's best for recording gameplay.

I forgot all about these Egypt Lemmings 2 levels. I remade these levels a long time ago. Some of them are not perfect, like the terrains above the entrance in Mr Lemmy Lives needs to be higher and The Magnificent Severn has a backroute that I was too lazy to fix. I'll get back to the megadrive levels in the morning. I wasn't on my Laptop lately, since someone else was using it.

Do you remember?

Mr Lemmy Lives

LEMTRIS

Tension Sheet

The Magnificent Severn

Starry Threshold

So Close So Far

The Secret Of LEMH

The Mad Pursuit

Classic Tribes

Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2011, 07:47:25 AM »
I saw your PSP Special 1-10 of 36 level pack. They all look brilliant! :thumbsup:

What I used to do when I had a PSP was to re-create some (about 50) ONML levels and place them onto the PSP. Some of them do work quite well, especially No Problemming! :P I didn't need to make all that detail (Infact I can make this illusion work with all sets.) I don't think Flow Control would work though because there's no sucker trap in the original version. Anyway, how about remaking "Suicidal Tendencies" or "Pop your top". I would be interested to see the water areas and how would do the spheres in the PSP version.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2011, 10:07:44 PM »
I finished Fun 14 Room with no exit from megadrive. I never played the megadrive levels before but playing it after building it in the editor makes me feel like I did. I used the place on the left side to help me show where to put the terrains on the right. Suicidal Tendencies looks possible to build and looks I have to spam that round terrain in the Crystal theme, but the one in Pop Yor Top looks smaller.

Lemmings PSP: Room with no exit
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2011, 11:22:14 PM »

Do you mean how to show your levels with the PS2 on the computer? To shows pictures, you'll need a digital camera, or to make a video of it, I recommend getting a Dazzle. It's best for recording gameplay.
Wow, that's expensive, and complicated to get working.... I'm not sure I can be bothered.