Author Topic: Lemmings PSP Differences  (Read 1505 times)

Offline Luis

• View Profile
Lemmings PSP Differences
« on: September 15, 2010, 05:43:02 AM »
Note: I did played the SNES Lemmings in the old days but didn't played it long enough to know everything about it. The PSP version is where I know more about Lemmings since it refreshed my memory about this game. I'm noticing differences on the traps between the old Lemmings and the PSP as I keep using LemEdit. 

There's something different about the spike trap in the Egypt theme from the old Lemmings. The trap can only kill a Lemming when it touches the two middle spikes and not the top or bottom. They will just walk through it. It has less range than the one I know from Lemmings for PSP. In the PSP version, all four spikes can kill a Lemming.

This one I already knew before using LemEdit. This is how the flame thrower looks like in the PSP:

The gray part that looks like a cannon where the fire is coming out from, a Lemming can actually go through that. Because of this, Taxing Level 21 "Feel the heat" is a joke in the PSP version because you don't really have to build over the fire since the Lemmings can just fall through the cannon and not get burned. 
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline Minim

• View Profile
Re: Lemmings PSP Differences
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 09:30:06 AM »
I also know as a possible glitch that in the PSP version some lemmings might be able to fall through the flame thrower's path. :o It needs some good split-second timing though to get the job done, but it is possible.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline Luis

• View Profile
Re: Lemmings PSP Differences
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 07:25:37 PM »
I remember seeing a Lemming passing through the fire's path. Another thing I noticed when I was making my Egypt level is when I build over the noose trap, it can't catch the Lemmings on the stairs that you build. In the PSP version, when you use the builder to avoid the noose trap, the noose trap can still catch a Lemming that is walking on the stairs. That was part of the difficulty on the PSP version of my level but that challenge doesn't exist in my LemEdit version since the noose trap can't get them while they are walking on the stairs, making the LemEdit version easier than the PSP one. Is it possible to pass through the SNES flamer thrower? I haven't tested that yet.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.